CSNbbs
UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated (/thread-811996.html)

UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - WesternBlazer - 03-10-2017 02:40 PM

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2017/3/10/14886602/group-of-five-tv-partner-american-sports-network-rumored-to-be-liquidated-conference-usa-bein-sports

The start-up network the partnered with C-USA has failed to move the needle with consumers and appears to be ceasing operations.

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - the_blazerman - 03-10-2017 02:53 PM

I have found the need to watch sporting events on tv dwindle quite a bit.

The Campus Insiders broadcast from Wednesday was pretty good.

Only issue is that the feed was behind the radio feed.

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 03-10-2017 03:06 PM

(03-10-2017 02:53 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I have found the need to watch sporting events on tv dwindle quite a bit.

This delay factor may be due at least in part to the video having to go out to a satellite and back while radio travels by wire and broadcast. It seems to be a fairly constant gap between the two.

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - Memphis Blazer - 03-10-2017 03:08 PM

(03-10-2017 02:53 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I have found the need to watch sporting events on tv dwindle quite a bit.

It was such a drop off in quality from campus insiders to the ASN stream. At least ASN streamed this time, but every part of their production stunk. Oliver Purnell as an analyst was a joke. He kept talking about UAB playing on their home court, even though his partner told him several times that UAB did not play at Legacy. The picture was fuzzy and draggy and production values really low.

I am glad to see ASN fold. Anything is better than that joke.

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - cb4029 - 03-10-2017 03:45 PM

I had a feeling this channel wouldn't be around when football came back. Really decreases our chances of having our games on TV.

Any updates on us upgrading our own production quality to put games on ESPN 3?

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - ICB - 03-10-2017 11:28 PM

(03-10-2017 03:45 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Any updates on us upgrading our own production quality to put games on ESPN 3?

I was thinking this television for spring game might be preparation for broadcasts. However to benefit UAB, other schools need their production upgraded.

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - FNblazer - 03-10-2017 11:46 PM

With cord cutting only going up, I prefer to stream the Campus Insider feeds as opposed to the turrible ASN production quality. Hopefully we can get more going on espn3.

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - BlazerPhil - 03-10-2017 11:50 PM

(03-10-2017 03:45 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  I had a feeling this channel wouldn't be around when football came back. Really decreases our chances of having our games on TV.

Any updates on us upgrading our own production quality to put games on ESPN 3?

I floated this idea to Dr. G & Watson when he was still AD. I got a nice hand written note back from Watson and my idea went nowhere.

UaB school of Mass Communications should be televising all home games on our own TV channel. Students man the cameras, switcher, play by play, everything, for every minor sport. When there is no one playing, there should be a UaB new channel. Other off times could be utilized to rebroadcast the most popular or most required and difficult classes. Say you missed Dr. Petersen's quiz primer for materials engineering, well its on at 11 p.m. tonight on UaB channel 2, right after the girls softball game.

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - mixduptransistor - 03-13-2017 08:33 AM

(03-10-2017 11:50 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  UaB school of Mass Communications

Well, the first step will be to create a School of Mass Communications at UAB

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - iam4uab - 03-13-2017 08:48 AM

(03-10-2017 11:46 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  With cord cutting only going up, I prefer to stream the Campus Insider feeds as opposed to the turrible ASN production quality. Hopefully we can get more going on espn3.

The only problem I've had with Campus Insiders is that I have three CI channels through Sling (on Roku), but they hardly ever stream any content on those channels. When UAB plays, they are all inactive and I have to move to my laptop or phone to stream it.

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - rawright1987 - 03-13-2017 08:59 AM

I heard that ASN and Sinclair was going to relaunch the network with different people in charge. At least that's the word on one of the Marshall sites from a pretty reliable source who used to be the VP of Collegiate Development at ESPN.

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - BlazerPhil - 03-13-2017 10:22 AM

(03-13-2017 08:33 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 11:50 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  UaB school of Mass Communications

Well, the first step will be to create a School of Mass Communications at UAB

http://catalog.uab.edu/undergraduate/collegeofartsciences/communicationstudies/#courseinventory

Major in Communication Studies with a Mass Communication Concentration
The Mass Communication concentration allows students to specialize in journalism, broadcasting, or public relations. Minors are available in Mass Communication. A Minor is required for a degree in Mass Communication.

Specializations
Students interested in developing a concentration in mass communication may select from one of three specializations available in the department: journalism, broadcasting, or public relations. Students specializing in one of the mass communication specializations may also major or minor in communication management.

03-shhhh

03-lmfao

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - linus - 03-13-2017 03:22 PM

Sinclair has been cutting on air talent in their best markets. They dropped 2 almost legendary folks here in DC. I'm wondering if they are too small to compete or too stupid to find their niche

RE: UDD: Group of Five TV Partner American Sports Network Rumored to Be Liquidated - mixduptransistor - 03-13-2017 03:36 PM

(03-13-2017 03:22 PM)linus Wrote:  Sinclair has been cutting on air talent in their best markets. They dropped 2 almost legendary folks here in DC. I'm wondering if they are too small to compete or too stupid to find their niche

legendary folks = legendary salaries. they fired some of the longest term people at ABC 33/40, too. James Spann probably missed the axe because of his unjustified popularity (or, was willing to take a lower salary because he does a lot of stuff on the side with his own company)