CSNbbs
Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament (/thread-811932.html)

Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - Penny Lane - 03-10-2017 12:18 AM

A big underdog winning a conference tournament happens a lot more often than you think. All I have to do is say Mississippi won SEC a few years back and our team has more talent than all but two teams in our league and we won't have to beat but one of them.

I think I hear Tacko falling........

Go Tigers!

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - TubbyTime - 03-10-2017 12:25 AM

(03-10-2017 12:18 AM)Penny Lane Wrote:  A big underdog winning a conference tournament happens a lot more often than you think. All I have to do is say Mississippi won SEC a few years back and our team has more talent than all but two teams in our league and we won't have to beat but one of them.

Go Tigers!

I like this post!

Actually we would have to beat both the teams that have more talent than we have, if we are saying that SMU and Cincinnati are those two teams.

But again, this is a very positive post and I appreciate it! 04-cheers

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - holyterror - 03-10-2017 05:38 AM

I can dig it. Go on a run!

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - TIGERBUDDY - 03-10-2017 06:07 AM

(03-10-2017 12:18 AM)Penny Lane Wrote:  A big underdog winning a conference tournament happens a lot more often than you think. All I have to do is say Mississippi won SEC a few years back and our team has more talent than all but two teams in our league and we won't have to beat but one of them.

Go Tigers!
02-13-banana02-13-banana All we have to do is look at yesterday. #1 KANSAS lost.

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - nutbushtiger - 03-10-2017 06:47 AM

Today I am on the Penny Lane train, no reason we can't go up and win 3, a whole lot worse teams have done it.

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - bubbapt - 03-10-2017 06:56 AM

Beat Cincy!

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - jgardne - 03-10-2017 07:49 AM

We can do it, I really believe we can

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - Tiger1983 - 03-10-2017 08:10 AM

Let's shake up the college basketball world and show that Cinderella resides in Memphis. GTG!

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - Atlanta - 03-10-2017 08:40 AM

(03-10-2017 06:47 AM)nutbushtiger Wrote:  Today I am on the Penny Lane train, no reason we can't go up and win 3, a whole lot worse teams have done it.

Could happen if the players focus on the game(s) & play to their potential. I hope they do but if Dedric is focused instead on leaving the team, what's next (Markel too?) & Keelon is in the midst of trolling for his next job & taking his sons, it will be more like the SMU game, they'll play as individuals, give no team effort, play no defense & mail it in. Hope they are focused, play team ball, give their best efforts, play defense - if so they can win the tourney.

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - bluebacker - 03-10-2017 08:50 AM

Tigers can and probably should beat UCF. After that SMU and then probably Cincinnati stand in the way.

TCU beat Kansas in the Big XII tournament. They pulled off the upset but they will not win the tournament.

The great Tiger teams of the past crushed all the dreams of their CUSA opponents. Usually they won big but there was the occasional close game. The end result was a Tiger victory. - The Tigers (or any lesser team) can always get up to play any one game and either pull off an occasional upset or play the much better team close. Beating two superior teams back-to-back is highly improbable.

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - Hoots - 03-10-2017 08:50 AM

Love the positive thread. Let's do 'er!!

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - VinnieVegas - 03-10-2017 08:57 AM

Let's make this the game thread! Go Team!!!

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - TigerBlue4Ever - 03-10-2017 09:28 AM

(03-10-2017 12:25 AM)TubbyTime Wrote:  

Go Tigers!

I like this post!

Actually we would have to beat both the teams that have more talent than we have, if we are saying that SMU and Cincinnati are those two teams.

But again, this is a very positive post and I appreciate it! 04-cheers

Awww, this does my heart good to see you two cuddling this way.

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - gotigers1 - 03-10-2017 09:40 AM

We've all seen what these guys are capable of, let's do this!

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - fsquid - 03-10-2017 10:05 AM

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - MemphisRob - 03-10-2017 10:45 AM

Here we go!!!!!! Let's do this

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - tiger2000 - 03-10-2017 11:04 AM

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - MemTiger90 - 03-10-2017 12:18 PM

(03-10-2017 08:10 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  Let's shake up the college basketball world and show that Cinderella resides in Memphis. GTG!

Sigh. How far have we fallen where we want to be Cinderella..

RE: Let's forget about expectations and distractions and win this damn Tournament - fsquid - 03-10-2017 01:37 PM

(03-10-2017 12:18 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 08:10 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  Let's shake up the college basketball world and show that Cinderella resides in Memphis. GTG!

Sigh. How far have we fallen where we want to be Cinderella..

It beats being one of the ugly stepsisters