CSNbbs
ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? (/thread-811871.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - Phil Lacio - 03-09-2017 05:42 PM

(03-09-2017 03:53 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Caught a glimpse of this game on TV. Why are there only 26 people at the game?

There are more people at the MW Fresno St vs New Mexico game...smh

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - aTxTIGER - 03-09-2017 05:51 PM

(03-09-2017 02:39 PM)chess Wrote:  That's right! Bring it on Temple!04-rock

Teams with 200+ RPIs get sent to Dayton.

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - DowdyPirate - 03-09-2017 05:58 PM

I was unable to watch the game...is there a tv replay scheduled? Sounds like they played really well?

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - AusTxPony - 03-09-2017 06:02 PM

(03-09-2017 05:58 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  I was unable to watch the game...is there a tv replay scheduled? Sounds like they played really well?

Try ESPN3 online, and look at replays.

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - billybobby777 - 03-09-2017 06:07 PM

(03-09-2017 05:42 PM)Phil Lacio Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 03:53 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Caught a glimpse of this game on TV. Why are there only 26 people at the game?

The MWC always has great tournament attendence numbers. Lobo fans refer to the T&M as "The Pit West"....New Mexicans love their basketball.

Cheers!

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - billybobby777 - 03-09-2017 06:09 PM

(03-09-2017 05:30 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 05:27 PM)nobledictator1278 Wrote:  I know were going to the plank tomorrow....but Im just saying...we will probably be a annoying bunch if somehow scurvy hits SMU's team and we win.

Wait and see. They definitely play better for Perry than Lebo... which creates an interesting conundrum.

What do they need Lebo for?

To hand out Gatorade. Keeping the fellas hydrated is a big thing.

Cheers!

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - Phil Lacio - 03-09-2017 06:12 PM

(03-09-2017 06:07 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 05:42 PM)Phil Lacio Wrote:  

The MWC always has great tournament attendence numbers. Lobo fans refer to the T&M as "The Pit West"....New Mexicans love their basketball.

Cheers!

The game on right now's attendance isn't that great, there just are more there than the 100 people at the ECU vs Temple game.

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - B easy - 03-09-2017 06:24 PM

Temple fans please tell us how you really feel! (Link) Absolute meltdown mode.

http://www.scout.com/college/temple/forums/3506-cherry-and-white/15443756-temple-ecu?s=186&page=1

Here's a few of my favorites:

"Sad part is this isn't a fluke score ECU clearly looks like the better team

ECU has been the better team I cannot believe it but

Lunardi has us as the 78th team out.

We're getting beat by a directional team again. Dunphy should stay in Connecticut.

You should be paid to physically watch this sh*t in person.

The Temple basketball era is over

ECU deserves to advance I'd say embarrassing but that is just what we do every game now

Temple Basketball needs an enema.

Woah I had no idea they signed him to an eight year contract. I mean I had a ton of faith in Dunphy back then but eight years?

We couldn't beat the worst team in this conference with an interim coach.

Wow, gave up 80 points to one of the worst offenses in the country. This team won't go anywhere next year either

Not only not beat them we couldn't get a lead the entire game and we lost by double digits to them for the 2nd time in a row. I just wish out of this that people who criticize negative posters can finally open their eyes a bit to the dumpster fire

Don t you mean a team with an interim coach just beat the possible worst team in the conference in March.

my god WTF? Please tell me this is fake news.

The dark year is over! Can't wait for football

No mas!"

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - mascotswinchampionships - 03-09-2017 07:49 PM

Congrats, ECU. Out of respect for beating us we've decided to give you our coach. He's a really nice guy.

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - DowdyPirate - 03-09-2017 08:01 PM

Whatever happens this offseason with Lebo this game has nothing to do with it

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - First Mate - 03-09-2017 08:06 PM

(03-09-2017 02:39 PM)chess Wrote:  That's right! Bring it on Temple!04-rock

That's right get some Temple! All you suckers talk about is how ECU sucks in basketball.

Well we just beat Uconn and Temple, supposedly two of the stalwarts of the conference.

We finished 9th. Not great but why don't you beat up on the teams that finished behind us for a change and leave ECU alone.

They suck. How about that. Today is our day.

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - First Mate - 03-09-2017 08:11 PM

(03-09-2017 08:01 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Whatever happens this offseason with Lebo this game has nothing to do with it

It's about jimmy and joes not X's and O's. Today our players showed up.

If you're gonna rag Lebo relentlessly when we lose give him some credit when we win.

He recruited all these players, including Kentrell Barkley who went off today for a record 16 rebounds from the guard position.

He hired Mike Perry, the interim coach today. Our teams have traditionally gotten better around the end of each season when Lebo has been the coach.

We will go down tomorrow to SMU but today's win is sweet for Pirates fans who haven't had much to celebrate in basketball. And we beat Uconn last week too.

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - BigEastHomer - 03-09-2017 08:41 PM

(03-09-2017 08:11 PM)First Mate Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 08:01 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Whatever happens this offseason with Lebo this game has nothing to do with it

If you're gonna rag Lebo relentlessly when we lose give him some credit when we win.

He recruited all these players, including Kentrell Barkley who went off today for a record 16 rebounds from the guard position.

He hired Mike Perry, the interim coach today. Our teams have traditionally gotten better around the end of each season when Lebo has been the coach.

We will go down tomorrow to SMU but today's win is sweet for Pirates fans who haven't had much to celebrate in basketball. And we beat Uconn last week too.

Remember this feeling... And imagine how much better it would feel if Temple and UConn were actually good this year.

ECU fans shouldn't have to settle for competing with the stalwarts of the AAC when they are having their worst seasons in recent memory.

You want to compete with those teams when they are good.

Because that means ECU has picked up their game. It doesn't mean a lot when those teams lower their games.

ECU is still 2 games under .500. LEBO DESERVES NO CREDIT FOR IMPROVING ECU.

Ollie and Dunphy get the credit.

Go Pirates!

ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in N... - dawgitall - 03-09-2017 09:29 PM

I'm going to the CIT tournament game in Buies Creek on Tuesday against TBD. What is the chance ECU gets the invite? That would be great. Between the two I think they could fill The stands. Campbell is an hour and a half from Greenville.

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - gopirates11 - 03-09-2017 09:39 PM

(03-09-2017 09:29 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  I'm going to the CIT tournament game in Buies Creek on Tuesday against TBD. What is the chance ECU gets the invite? That would be great. Between the two I think they could fill The stands. Campbell is an hour and a half from Greenville.

AAC teams can not qualify for that tournament. weve been 3 times under Lebo. time for something new

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - pirateradio97 - 03-09-2017 09:55 PM

(03-09-2017 08:11 PM)First Mate Wrote:  

He inherited Mike Perry I believe

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - gopirates11 - 03-09-2017 09:56 PM

[/quote]

He inherited Mike Perry I believe
[/quote]

yep. mac mccarthy first hired him

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - payday - 03-09-2017 10:13 PM

It was a nice run for ECU. Enjoy the off season!

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - Rowdydowdy - 03-09-2017 10:29 PM

(03-09-2017 10:13 PM)payday Wrote:  It was a nice run for ECU. Enjoy the off season!

Get SMU in foul trouble with only playing 6 players and ECU has a chance. Slim but still possible.

RE: ECU Smack Talk thread- When ECU wins the American Tour, Is ECU a 14 seed in NCAA? - chess - 03-09-2017 10:39 PM

SMU is on the clock! That's right! 04-rock