CSNbbs
Attendance - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Attendance (/thread-810883.html)

Attendance - MICHAELSPAPPY - 03-01-2017 05:30 PM

I assume the 2541 attendance for the Ga Southern game was accurate. If so, it would appear that about that number is our loyal fan base. Incidentally, we are still 3rd in the conference in attendance.

RE: Attendance - LRTrojan - 03-01-2017 05:41 PM

The west end zone was pretty full during the first half. It emptied out after the halftime ended, when their kids who performed left. Their was two groups that performed, and the second group had quite a few in it. I assume all were admitted free, including the parents. Several long time fans who sit near me have missed the last few games. No doubt some have become disgusted once again with our program. I look for a drop in season ticket sales again next season. We let a golden opportunity slip through our hands by hiring an inexperienced head coach, when no doubt after last season we could have had a good crop of applicants. We blew it.

RE: Attendance - mjs - 03-01-2017 09:06 PM

(03-01-2017 05:30 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  I assume the 2541 attendance for the Ga Southern game was accurate. If so, it would appear that about that number is our loyal fan base. Incidentally, we are still 3rd in the conference in attendance.

Was told tonight that we had a 35% increase in revenue, this year over last. Last year we had a 35% increase over the year before. Don't know how that translates into tickets sales, since a lot of that may be donations, advertising revenue, etc. Certainly moving in the right direction. Our hardcore fans are with us through the ups and downs. We'll see how many tourists drop out after a down season.

RE: Attendance - LRTrojan - 03-01-2017 11:22 PM

(03-01-2017 09:06 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 05:30 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  I assume the 2541 attendance for the Ga Southern game was accurate. If so, it would appear that about that number is our loyal fan base. Incidentally, we are still 3rd in the conference in attendance.

Was told tonight that we had a 35% increase in revenue, this year over last. Last year we had a 35% increase over the year before. Don't know how that translates into tickets sales, since a lot of that may be donations, advertising revenue, etc. Certainly moving in the right direction. Our hardcore fans are with us through the ups and downs. We'll see how many tourists drop out after a down season.

So if you're a 20 or 25 year supporter, and you finally get fed up and leave, you're a tourist huh? I'd guess that person a pissed off fan. I'd bet the farm that we'll lose season ticket buyers this year.

RE: Attendance - MICHAELSPAPPY - 03-02-2017 08:42 AM

I used "tourist" to mean people who come out of curiosity.

RE: Attendance - mjs - 03-02-2017 12:59 PM

(03-02-2017 08:42 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  I used "tourist" to mean people who come out of curiosity.

I realize that. I guess I thought a few of those may have been so "enthralled" by 30 wins they may have bought season tickets. Regardless, they are not really "fans", even if they shelled out money for season tickets for one year. Fans are there for the good, as well as the bad. Just makes it more special for the longtime fans when the "good" happens in a program like ours.

RE: Attendance - RBL - 03-02-2017 05:40 PM

I thought that was a 35% increase in Season Ticket Sales

RE: Attendance - mjs - 03-02-2017 07:38 PM

(03-02-2017 05:40 PM)RBL Wrote:  

I thought that was a 35% increase in Season Ticket Sales

You might be right. I couldn't remember for sure. Another 30% increase next year and that would be a 100% increase. Not too shabby.