CSNbbs
Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... (/thread-810398.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Phil Lacio - 02-25-2017 09:14 PM

If MTSU, at 24-4, doesn't win their conference tournament, they will not get an at large bid this year and I think they should get a shot regardless...

http://www.bendbulletin.com/sports/5098214-151/after-conference-realignment-mid-majors-worry-about-ncaa-prospects?referrer=bullet7

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - HuskyU - 02-25-2017 09:20 PM

They should get in over that joke of a program named Northwestern...

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Phil Lacio - 02-25-2017 09:26 PM

(02-25-2017 09:20 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  They should get in over that joke of a program named Northwestern...

Agreed...I can't believe 12 loss teams from the ACC like Syracuse are getting in; they were blown out by SJU by 33 points!

...and Wake Forest might even get in!

If they get in (which is undeserved), Houston should as well.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - KNIGHTTIME - 02-25-2017 09:31 PM

(02-25-2017 09:14 PM)Phil Lacio Wrote:  If MTSU, at 24-4, doesn't win their conference tournament, they will not get an at large bid this year and I think they should get a shot regardless...

http://www.bendbulletin.com/sports/5098214-151/after-conference-realignment-mid-majors-worry-about-ncaa-prospects?referrer=bullet7

Keep in mind that MTSU is piling up wins against teams with RPI's over 200 and many over 300. I think they are a really good team, but I know what the NCAA is going to do if they lose another. They have 4 conference teams around 300 RPI all the way to 343. No other conference team in the top 100 RPI (La Tech the closest at 119).

The C-USA didn't do MTSU any favors by being one of the worst conferences (I believe #24 ranked). Losing another C-USA game would really make the committee make the easy choice of a bigger "name". If they can run the table, maybe the NCAA will be nice and give them a decent seed.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Phil Lacio - 02-25-2017 09:40 PM

(02-25-2017 09:31 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(02-25-2017 09:14 PM)Phil Lacio Wrote:  If MTSU, at 24-4, doesn't win their conference tournament, they will not get an at large bid this year and I think they should get a shot regardless...

Keep in mind that MTSU is piling up wins against teams with RPI's over 200 and many over 300. I think they are a really good team, but I know what the NCAA is going to do if they lose another. They have 4 conference teams around 300 RPI all the way to 343. No other conference team in the top 100 RPI (La Tech the closest at 119).

The C-USA didn't do MTSU any favors by being one of the worst conferences (I believe #24 ranked). Losing another C-USA game would really make the committee make the easy choice of a bigger "name". If they can run the table, maybe the NCAA will be nice and give them a decent seed.

I know CUSA's RPIs kill them, but they should still considered for an at large bid like George Mason and VCU did out of the CAA; look what they accomplished in those two Final Four years when they were nobody.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - HuskyU - 02-25-2017 09:41 PM

Agreed. On College Gameday today they were talking about Clemson being a bubble team with a 5-10 record in the ACC..absolutely ridiculous.

In addition...Seth Greenberg is an idiot. How does one that fails his entire career (mostly at that joke of a program called VaTech) suddenly become an expert in the game? His basketball IQ is the equivalent of a coach's bottom of the barrel youth basketball program.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Phil Lacio - 02-25-2017 09:46 PM

(02-25-2017 09:41 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Agreed. On College Gameday today they were talking about Clemson being a bubble team with a 5-10 record in the ACC..absolutely ridiculous.

Agreed and their conference record is even worse at 4-12; it's even more ridiculous than giving 5-7 football teams bowl invites; why reward mediocrity? It's a BS ACC bball bias.

HuskyU Wrote:In addition...Seth Greenberg is an idiot. How does one that fails his entire career (mostly at that joke of a program called VaTech) suddenly become an expert in the game? His basketball IQ is the equivalent of a coach's bottom of the barrel youth basketball program.

It's hilarious how all these bottom feeder ACC teams are now considered good programs.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - msm96wolf - 02-25-2017 10:19 PM

Not meaning to offend. You realize MTSU would have to lose the conference title to a 100+ RPI team. With SOS of 120, losses to to 5 100+ RPI teams and no top 25 RPI wins. It would not be shocking for them not to get in as an at-large. Basically, the committee views such a conference upset as that conference champion as the one who will lose the bid. Especially since regular season champs get an automatic NIT bid. If there was a top 10 victory or a couple top 25, then I could see your case. Like it or not, Syracuse played a harder schedule and currently will have 1 top 25 and 1 top 10 win. They also lost to ranked teams and had a harder schedule. Do I think they should get in, no. Do I think MTSU goes in over them with their schedule? Not even close, Syracuse would deserves the at-large over MTSU.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Tech Savy - 02-25-2017 11:00 PM

Wrong OP. They will get an at-large bid provided their loss in the conference tournament is not to the 8 seed...07-coffee3

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - CornellCoog - 02-25-2017 11:06 PM

Syracuse being on the bubble is an absolute joke. They lost to everyone with a pulse in out of conference play (Wisconsin, South Carolina, and Georgetown). They also lost to UConn and St John's (sub 100 rpi teams).

Throw in a terrible loss to a sub 200 team (Boston College) and only TWO wins all year away from the Carrier Dome and the Orange have zero business being on the bubble. When your two best out of conference wins are Monmouth and Eastern Michigan, then bye, Felicia.

Sadly, unless they tank, they'll get in because that's the way the world works.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - rtaylor - 02-25-2017 11:51 PM

(02-25-2017 11:00 PM)Tech Savy Wrote:  Wrong OP. They will get an at-large bid provided their loss in the conference tournament is not to the 8 seed...07-coffee3

03-lmfao Idiot. There you go with that Nostradamus crap again. 07-coffee3

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - KNIGHTTIME - 02-26-2017 12:29 AM

(02-25-2017 10:19 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Not meaning to offend. You realize MTSU would have to lose the conference title to a 100+ RPI team. With SOS of 120, losses to to 5 100+ RPI teams and no top 25 RPI wins. It would not be shocking for them not to get in as an at-large. Basically, the committee views such a conference upset as that conference champion as the one who will lose the bid. Especially since regular season champs get an automatic NIT bid. If there was a top 10 victory or a couple top 25, then I could see your case. Like it or not, Syracuse played a harder schedule and currently will have 1 top 25 and 1 top 10 win. They also lost to ranked teams and had a harder schedule. Do I think they should get in, no. Do I think MTSU goes in over them with their schedule? Not even close, Syracuse would deserves the at-large over MTSU.

Losing to another 100+ rpi team and they are likely toast. I think they get the autobid anyway. Nobody else has a pulse in the c-usa.

Houston is another interesting team. Not a lot of high caliber wins but a solid team.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Bearcats#1 - 02-26-2017 07:40 AM

So is the Power5 narrative now being applied in basketball too in regards to ncaa invites?! I hope not.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - KNIGHTTIME - 02-26-2017 07:52 AM

(02-26-2017 07:40 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  So is the Power5 narrative now being applied in basketball too in regards to ncaa invites?! I hope not.

That already started

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Phil Lacio - 02-26-2017 03:11 PM

(02-25-2017 11:00 PM)Tech Savy Wrote:  Wrong OP. They will get an at-large bid provided their loss in the conference tournament is not to the 8 seed...07-coffee3

No, they won't and everyone except you, knows this.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Phil Lacio - 02-26-2017 03:18 PM

(02-25-2017 10:19 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Not meaning to offend. You realize MTSU would have to lose the conference title to a 100+ RPI team. With SOS of 120, losses to to 5 100+ RPI teams and no top 25 RPI wins. It would not be shocking for them not to get in as an at-large. Basically, the committee views such a conference upset as that conference champion as the one who will lose the bid. Especially since regular season champs get an automatic NIT bid. If there was a top 10 victory or a couple top 25, then I could see your case. Like it or not, Syracuse played a harder schedule and currently will have 1 top 25 and 1 top 10 win. They also lost to ranked teams and had a harder schedule. Do I think they should get in, no. Do I think MTSU goes in over them with their schedule? Not even close, Syracuse would deserves the at-large over MTSU.

I'm not saying MTSU should get in ahead of Syracuse, because the 'Cuse's schedule was much more difficult; I'm just saying inviting Syracuse to the dance is undeserved and just as ridiculous as giving MTSU an at large bid.

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Phil Lacio - 02-26-2017 03:20 PM

(02-26-2017 07:52 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(02-26-2017 07:40 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  So is the Power5 narrative now being applied in basketball too in regards to ncaa invites?! I hope not.

That already started

true story bro

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - CornellCoog - 02-26-2017 06:44 PM

Syracuse with another great road performance and another 20 point loss. But, yeah, they pass the eye test...

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - Bearcats#1 - 02-26-2017 07:19 PM

(02-25-2017 11:51 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  

03-lmfao Idiot. There you go with that Nostradamus crap again. 07-coffee3

this is bearcat bounce in his 19th iteration....he sucks

RE: Cinderella teams are going the way of the Dodo... - fishpro1098 - 02-27-2017 10:32 AM

Got it. So 15-15 Temple with wins over #19 FSU and #12 WVU should be on that same bubble and ahead of MTSU? Can't wait for selection Sunday.