CSNbbs
Is tubby on the hot seat? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Is tubby on the hot seat? (/thread-809406.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - Cletus - 02-19-2017 03:00 PM

(02-17-2017 01:00 PM)Tech Savy Wrote:  Pastner would have willed Memphis to a win last night. Tubby looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - Bearcats#1 - 02-19-2017 07:28 PM

(02-19-2017 03:00 PM)Cletus Wrote:  
(02-17-2017 01:00 PM)Tech Savy Wrote:  Pastner would have willed Memphis to a win last night. Tubby looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

lol Tech-NotSo-Savy sucks at trolling and he's a moron

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - Tech Savy - 02-20-2017 01:27 PM

Pastner continues to pile up the W's. Now has wins over Syracuse, Florida State, Notre Dame, North Carolina, Clemson and VCU. We're legitimately on the tournament bubble. Wow! With way less talent than Tubby has.

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - M1T4 - 02-20-2017 01:44 PM

(02-20-2017 01:27 PM)Tech Savy Wrote:  Pastner continues to pile up the W's. Now has wins over Syracuse, Florida State, Notre Dame, North Carolina, Clemson and VCU. We're legitimately on the tournament bubble. Wow! With way less talent than Tubby has.

I am truely happy for Pastner. Why must you continue this? Be happy for your school on your own board. We were expecting to have certain players available to us this year. Our 7 footer from Egypt hasn't gotten cleared by the NCAA so it will be next season till we see him and we got hit with the injury bug that kept our other big man out for about 3 months. Plus injuries to some key players currently playing that has slowed them down. Markel has to wear a boot because of tendinitis in his heel. Rivers is playing through a bad back that he injured before the season started. It's just been that kind of season. Dedric was caring the load and that might have fatigued him with no help because the other guys are having meaningful PT for the first time.

We will be fine

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - rtaylor - 02-20-2017 02:22 PM

(02-20-2017 01:27 PM)Tech Savy Wrote:  Pastner continues to pile up the W's. Now has wins over Syracuse, Florida State, Notre Dame, North Carolina, Clemson and VCU. We're legitimately on the tournament bubble. Wow! With way less talent than Tubby has.

Clemson, VCU, Syracuse? 03-lmfao

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - aTxTIGER - 02-20-2017 07:56 PM

(02-19-2017 03:00 PM)Cletus Wrote:  

Why is that thing in your signature? Ugh.

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - Bearcats#1 - 02-21-2017 08:08 PM

yup...because he wasn't good enough to cut it at Memphis.

Memphis basketball is a bigger program than every team you named but UNC and Cuse.

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - gulfcoastgal - 02-24-2017 09:27 PM

Meh, Memphis gets dumped on from all directions, IMO...easily hated upon. High major or mid, your expectations and reactions may vary....

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - billybobby777 - 03-10-2017 06:50 PM

(02-18-2017 04:56 PM)M1T4 Wrote:  
(02-18-2017 12:45 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(02-18-2017 02:15 AM)M1T4 Wrote:  
(02-18-2017 12:30 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(02-17-2017 01:08 AM)Mack and Friends Wrote:  DEAR FRIENDS,

THERE IS AN OMNIPOTENT TROLL NAMED "p23570" WHO IS ATTACKING THE BOARD IN WAYS I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

THIS GUY MAKES BIG EAST HOMER LOOK LIKE THE POPE.

I AM ASKING YOU ALL TO PUT ASIDE YOUR DIFFERENCES, SAVE YOUR BATTLES FOR A LATER DAY, AND COME TOGETHER.

IMAGINE A SMART VERSION OF BIG EAST HOMER WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS A LITTLE ABOUT FOOTBALL, AND PERHAPS MORE VICIOUS.

HE MAY NOT HAVE A THOUSAND USERNAMES LIKE BEH (Tigersmoke, Phil Lacio etc etc etc) BUT HE IS MUCH MORE DANGEROUS.

WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER. SIMPLE. WE SHALL CODE NAME p23570 the following: C3-PO. WE SHALL MAKE A MOCKERY OF THIS TROLL.

IF ANYONE SEES p23570 (AKA C3-PO) REPORT HIM AND REFER TO HIM AS THIS CODE NAME.

THANK YOU ALL.

The AAC will get 2 in. Unless Houston wins the AAC tourney. There's a way for 3 plus an auto bid to get in if Houston wins out, and Mrmphis wins the AAC tourney. Only 4 decent programs out of the 11. Tubby would be off the hot seat if Memphis can win the AAC. If not? Maybe time for Tubby to leave. He's getting old.
Cheers!

I am assuming you are joking. Never heard of a first year coach being on the hotseat. It's not like he inherited a stacked roster

Yes I'm joking. A post about a guy in his first year in 4th place in conference on the hot seat is pretty ridiculous. I don't think Tubby is a good coach, but I don't think he will be canned after 1 season.

Cheers!
So a future HOF coach isn't good? That's just flat out not true. He can coach with the best of them. It's the recruiting that the fanbase is wait in see though. Think we have the #4 rated class in the conference behind SMU, UConn, and Temple. We are looking to add more this offseason. Be cool if we can get the 4* bigman we been on.

Bump. I stand by what I said about Tubby 3 weeks ago.

Cheers!

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - billybobby777 - 03-10-2017 06:54 PM

THERE IS AN OMNIPOTENT TROLL NAMED "p23570" WHO IS ATTACKING THE BOARD IN WAYS I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

I AM ASKING YOU ALL TO PUT ASIDE YOUR DIFFERENCES, SAVE YOUR BATTLES FOR A LATER DAY, AND COME TOGETHER.

IMAGINE A SMART VERSION OF BIG EAST HOMER WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS A LITTLE ABOUT FOOTBALL, AND PERHAPS MORE VICIOUS.

HE MAY NOT HAVE A THOUSAND USERNAMES LIKE BEH (Tigersmoke, Phil Lacio etc etc etc) BUT HE IS MUCH MORE DANGEROUS.

WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER. SIMPLE. WE SHALL CODE NAME p23570 the following: C3-PO. WE SHALL MAKE A MOCKERY OF THIS TROLL.

IF ANYONE SEES p23570 (AKA C3-PO) REPORT HIM AND REFER TO HIM AS THIS CODE NAME.

THANK YOU ALL.

The AAC will get 2 in. Unless Houston wins the AAC tourney. There's a way for 3 plus an auto bid to get in if Houston wins out, and Mrmphis wins the AAC tourney. Only 4 decent programs out of the 11. Tubby would be off the hot seat if Memphis can win the AAC. If not? Maybe time for Tubby to leave. He's getting old.
Cheers!

I am assuming you are joking. Never heard of a first year coach being on the hotseat. It's not like he inherited a stacked roster

He inherited enough to not lose by 30 to UCF.

Cheers!

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - PT_american - 03-11-2017 08:17 AM

(03-10-2017 06:54 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

THANK YOU ALL.

Cheers!

He inherited enough to not lose by 30 to UCF.

Cheers!

It appears something happened the last few weeks as this team seems very different. I know someone mention something with Lawson sr but the program in my opinion needs to be gutted and rebuilt. Makes no sense they can't be a perennial power but hiring recruits parents to get recruits isn't the way to do it. Good programs don't operate like that.

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - Tiger1983 - 03-11-2017 09:13 AM

I think Tubby is on the hot seat for the results of the last two games and for the general regression of the team during the season. However, he is safe because I assume we cannot afford to buy out his contract.

A weak Tiger basketball program is detrimental to the conference. We need to right the ship.

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - rath v2.0 - 03-11-2017 11:10 AM

How the hell does Memphis lose on a neutral court to the Univ. of Tacko by 30 points?

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - bluesox - 03-11-2017 11:59 AM

He has a guaranteed contract over the next four years with 12+ million due

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - KnightLight - 03-11-2017 12:04 PM

(03-11-2017 11:10 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  How the hell does Memphis lose on a neutral court to the Univ. of Tacko by 30 points?

Ironically, that Univ of Tacko was closed in the first half as he was sent to the bench after 2 quick fouls in 3 mins with 0 pts and 2 rebounds and the score tied at 4.

Shortly after that, Memphis jumped out to it's biggest lead 10-4, but UCF closed the half in a 39-16 run, which even included 4 pts right before half by Memphis.

It was certainly a strange game but one that had a happy outcome for me.

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - CougarRed - 03-11-2017 12:45 PM

(03-11-2017 11:59 AM)bluesox Wrote:  He has a guaranteed contract over the next four years with 12+ million due

How does Memphis wind up in these contract situations? Is your AD brain dead?

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - TripleA - 03-11-2017 01:08 PM

(03-11-2017 12:45 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 11:59 AM)bluesox Wrote:  He has a guaranteed contract over the next four years with 12+ million due

How does Memphis wind up in these contract situations? Is your AD brain dead?

Bluesox doesn't know what he is talking about. The formal contract hasn't been signed yet. They are operating under a Memo of Agreement. What that means as to where it could go at the moment, I have no idea.

And a contract guarantee of so many years is becoming the norm, anyway. It doesn't matter that much, since we have boosters to pay salaries, and it's not coming from the school budget. It's just message board fodder.

Right now, I'm thinking not many fans would be sad if Tubby left, lol. We started out really well, and then fell apart the last month of the season.

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - Stallion - 03-11-2017 01:18 PM

If the Memo says 4 years guaranteed its still enforceable especially since Tubby has performed his obligations under the agreement by commencing work as Head Coach

Is tubby on the hot seat? - Pony94 - 03-11-2017 01:29 PM

(03-11-2017 01:18 PM)Stallion Wrote:  If the Memo says 4 years guaranteed its still enforceable especially since Tubby has performed his obligations under the agreement by commencing work as Head Coach

Thank you counselor. Got me out of my jaywalking ticket yet?

RE: Is tubby on the hot seat? - cotton1991 - 03-11-2017 01:33 PM

Tubby implies that at least part of the problem is that the Lawson brothers' dad is an asst coach--that's why he was hired, to bring his sons on board. Looks like that may be addressed in the off season.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/columnists/geoff-calkins/2017/03/10/calkins-tigers-out-whimper/99019558/