CSNbbs
Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! (/thread-809380.html)

Pages: 1 2

Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - army56mike - 02-16-2017 08:20 PM

Now that we have made it to FBS, what's your 2019 Dream Schedule?

Realistic Dream Schedule:

ODU . . . . . In state Rival
Army . . . . . Independent w/ National Following
@ BYU . . . . . One of three schools we strive to excel like (Too early for ND)
@ Virginia . . . . . Just up the road
New Mexico St. . . . . . Fellow Indy in need of scheduling
@ UMass . . . . . See note above
@ Duke . . . . . Easy drive for our fan base
Coastal Carolina . . . . . Old rival and a game we could likely schedule
@ San Jose St. . . . . . West coast exposure
@ Western Kentucky . . . . . Just because it's my home state
@ FAU . . . . . Building a bridge to FL recruiting
UTSA . . . . . Texas exposure

I know there should (and will be) an FCS team on the schedule, but I don't want there to be. I say we leave FCS behind and schedule winnable FBS schools.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - GE and MTS - 02-16-2017 09:57 PM

Liberty plays at Baylor in 2017, at Wake Forest in 2018, and at Virginia Tech in 2020. Maybe we can swing one or more to be a home and home for us.

Realistically, any coherent schedule will be acceptable until we get settled. After that, I think alternating with Virginia and VT would be neat. Getting semi-regular home and home games with Old Dominion would be good for us both. If we continued our traditional end of season match up with Coastal Carolina then I think both of us would be happy.

It should be a priority to play at the states of Texas and Florida. It would also be great to play as many of the other independents since we will need them.

Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - army56mike - 02-16-2017 10:20 PM

I think it will actually be very difficult for us from here on to get any Virginia FBS team on our schedule. We are now a legitimate power threat. If they play us it only benefits us right now. It legitimizes our program, it gives us visibility, if we win it helps recruiting. It does nothing but diminish the other three at this moment. That being said, I think most likely ODU would be our in-state oponent.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - LibertyOrangeman - 02-16-2017 11:18 PM

I don't think we'll have a problem scheduling. The home games obviously will be the tough part. I wouldn't expect to have too many P-5 home games for a while. Our home contests will most likely consist primarily of G-5 and some of the independents. I will add that when we were 1-AA independents we didn't have that big of a problem getting games. I remember attending games in the Bill against GA Southern, Appy, and Marshall fairly regularly. As a matter of fact, one of the best games I saw at the Bill during my college years was a low scoring, hard hitting game in the rain against GA Southern.

Obviously, we should have some luck scheduling the other Independents. But, I also wouldn't expect games with BYU and Notre Dame any time soon.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - Ewglenn - 02-17-2017 05:33 AM

(02-16-2017 08:20 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Now that we have made it to FBS, what's your 2019 Dream Schedule?

I know there should (and will be) an FCS team on the schedule, but I don't want there to be. I say we leave FCS behind and schedule winnable FBS schools.

Fiu instead of FAU because of it being in Miami.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - msm96wolf - 02-17-2017 10:08 AM

Hey guys, don't forget my Wolfpack in Raleigh. Right now Liberty would be perfect to complete 2020 and 2023 NCSU schedule. We need FBS home games these two years. I have no issue if NCSU did a 3-1 deal with you all. Would love to see the your campus.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - Liberty Fan - 02-17-2017 02:04 PM

(02-17-2017 10:08 AM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Hey guys, don't forget my Wolfpack in Raleigh. Right now would be perfect to complete 2020 and 2023 NCSU schedule. We need FBS home games these two years. I have no issue if NCSU did a 3-1 deal with you all. Would love to see the your campus.

In presser it sounded like some of these teams will be targeted.

[Image: lu_teams.jpg]

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - NewTimes - 02-17-2017 04:12 PM

(02-17-2017 02:04 PM)Liberty Fan Wrote:  
(02-17-2017 10:08 AM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Hey guys, don't forget my Wolfpack in Raleigh. Right now would be perfect to complete 2020 and 2023 NCSU schedule. We need FBS home games these two years. I have no issue if NCSU did a 3-1 deal with you all. Would love to see the your campus.

In presser it sounded like some of these teams will be targeted.

[Image: lu_teams.jpg]
Reading the threads about LU on the JMU board (jealously by some, compliments and well wishers by more, overall a good mix), consensus seems LU will be accepted with P5 away games (as schedules allow) and G5 teams coming to Williams Stadium. NCSU would be a great travel game for LU and the Pack coming to LU would be yuge.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 02-17-2017 11:00 PM

Liberty is welcomed to West Point at any time.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - bcp_jmu - 02-18-2017 05:11 PM

Congrats LU .... love the bold leadership. I'm surprised at the doubters on the jmu board - as great as our NC is, we are reeling a bit with being left behind (our own doing...).

Hoping your success (and it will come) inspires our leaders. BEST OF LUCK

Sent from my SM-G920T using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - NewTimes - 02-18-2017 05:28 PM

(02-18-2017 05:11 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  Congrats LU .... love the bold leadership. I'm surprised at the doubters on the jmu board - as great as our NC is, we are reeling a bit with being left behind (our own doing...).

Hoping your success (and it will come) inspires our leaders. BEST OF LUCK

bcp_jmu, I've been reading the posts on the JMU board and it has been very active talking about LU. Most have been supportive and rational in their response, and a few, as always had just as soon as smack their little sister as give LU any credit.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - bcp_jmu - 02-18-2017 05:40 PM

Hahah..agreed...seems a number of us Dukes don't remember the Ron Carrier years... playoffs are cool but it's delusional to think it will ever rival big boy football

Maybe there is a chance that we follow your lead (learn from challenges you will face too) and leave CAA football ...we can stay for rest of sports

Hard to say - but we are still playing in 2019 so get ready 03-wink

Hijack over

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - voss749 - 04-15-2017 11:38 PM

"@ FAU . . . . . Building a bridge to FL recruiting

Fiu instead of FAU because of it being in Miami."

Boca Raton being right in the middle of Palm Beach and broward county is a better recruiting area for liberty than Miami. Liberty has 15% african american students which would make it easier for recruiting in african-american areas in Palm Beach and broward county. Miami with its large hispanic population is not necessarily the easiest recruiting for a school like liberty with very few hispanic students.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - Steve1981 - 04-16-2017 09:32 AM

(02-16-2017 08:20 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Now that we have made it to FBS, what's your 2019 Dream Schedule?

Was not really think about having Liberty at UMass for Nov 24th but at Liberty. Don't like the idea of having only 5 home games, but it's hard to get excited about an FCS game in late November. Don't see a good argument of pushing for Liberty verses a local FCS team.

If Liberty still needed a 5th FBS home game would be neutral on the idea of us getting a big pay check and only have 5 home games. The caveat is that that money would go towards our stadiums improvements.

Did post my thoughts on UMassHoops.com recently, but no comments.

Footnote as you may realize that Ian McCaw was the AD @ UMass for 2002-3

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - NewTimes - 04-16-2017 08:25 PM

(04-15-2017 11:38 PM)voss749 Wrote:  "@ FAU . . . . . Building a bridge to FL recruiting

Boca Raton being right in the middle of Palm Beach and broward county is a better recruiting area for liberty than Miami. Liberty has 15% african american students which would make it easier for recruiting in african-american areas in Palm Beach and broward county. Miami with its large hispanic population is not necessarily the easiest recruiting for a school like liberty with very few hispanic students.
Would love a game with FAU. I lived in Boca from 1980 to 1992 about a mile from the campus. Having retired to Florida in March, I'm about 4 hours away driving. A huge thumbs up for FAU.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - NewTimes - 04-16-2017 08:27 PM

(04-16-2017 09:32 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  

Was not really think about having Liberty at UMass for Nov 24th but at Liberty. Don't like the idea of having only 5 home games, but it's hard to get excited about an FCS game in late November. Don't see a good argument of pushing for Liberty verses a local FCS team.

If Liberty still needed a 5th FBS home game would be neutral on the idea of us getting a big pay check and only have 5 home games. The caveat is that that money would go towards our stadiums improvements.

Did post my thoughts on UMassHoops.com recently, but no comments.

Footnote as you may realize that Ian McCaw was the AD @ UMass for 2002-3
In both scenarios it sounds like a win-win for both programs, even with the payment, if needed to UMass.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - Steve1981 - 04-17-2017 10:18 AM

New Times. We could be holding out on the Nov 24, 2018 game, which could be played at Fenway Park, like this year.

A poster, NJUMASS08 posted this on our other board:

Quote:Surprised we haven't heard more about us possibly scheduling Liberty. I want Ryan to get that done.

http://umass.247sports.com/Board/59480/Contents/Future-scheduling-discussions-51510157

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - SumItUp - 04-17-2017 06:50 PM

(04-17-2017 10:18 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  New Times. We could be holding out on the Nov 24, 2018 game, which could be played at Fenway Park, like this year.

A poster, NJUMASS08 posted this on our other board:

Quote:Surprised we haven't heard more about us possibly scheduling Liberty. I want Ryan to get that done.

http://umass.247sports.com/Board/59480/Contents/Future-scheduling-discussions-51510157

Fenway would be the draw for my crew to make the trip.

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - SlyFox - 04-17-2017 10:36 PM

I agree completely

RE: Now that we are FBS, 2019 Dream Schedule! - voss749 - 04-18-2017 06:17 AM

(04-16-2017 08:25 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(04-15-2017 11:38 PM)voss749 Wrote:  "@ FAU . . . . . Building a bridge to FL recruiting

Would love a game with FAU. I lived in Boca from 1980 to 1992 about a mile from the campus. Having retired to Florida in March, I'm about 4 hours away driving. A huge thumbs up for FAU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAU_Stadium

Its very nice for a game in mid November.