CSNbbs
CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL (/thread-808196.html)

Pages: 1 2

CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - hobucken0 - 02-07-2017 02:31 AM

I an ECU fan but I try to watch all UConn women basketball games. See them in person when they come into Greenville. There execution is amazing. Lets give them a little love here. When we had a thread about greatest conference athletes I submitted Stewert. Imagine 4 time final 4 MVP. I think if more of us watched them we would get a better appreciation for how great they are. So let us show how much we appreciate them and how lucky we are to have them with this thread.

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - PuddlePirate - 02-07-2017 07:09 AM

(02-07-2017 02:31 AM)hobucken0 Wrote:  I an ECU fan but I try to watch all UConn women basketball games. See them in person when they come into Greenville. There execution is amazing. Lets give them a little love here. When we had a thread about greatest conference athletes I submitted Stewert. Imagine 4 time final 4 MVP. I think if more of us watched them we would get a better appreciation for how great they are. So let us show how much we appreciate them and how lucky we are to have them with this thread.

I would agree. They cut through their schedule like a buzz saw. Just incredible.

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - Tigersmoke3 - 02-07-2017 07:40 AM

(02-07-2017 07:09 AM)PuddlePirate Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 02:31 AM)hobucken0 Wrote:  I an ECU fan but I try to watch all UConn women basketball games. See them in person when they come into Greenville. There execution is amazing. Lets give them a little love here. When we had a thread about greatest conference athletes I submitted Stewert. Imagine 4 time final 4 MVP. I think if more of us watched them we would get a better appreciation for how great they are. So let us show how much we appreciate them and how lucky we are to have them with this thread.

I would agree. They cut through their schedule like a buzz saw. Just incredible.

I second that. What they are accomplishing is simply historic and should be applauded. It's just a doggone shame that ESPN is not highlighting them more. I can't wait until contract is up so we can get our rights back. It's a shame that espn feels as though they have to try to suppress our ratings to keep our value down. However go lady Huskys!04-bow04-bow04-bow

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - goodknightfl - 02-07-2017 09:33 AM

03-cloud9 03-2thumbsup 02-13-banana 01-ncaabbs COGS 04-cheers 03-cloud9

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - BigEastHomer - 02-07-2017 10:11 AM

(02-07-2017 09:33 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  03-cloud9 03-2thumbsup 02-13-banana 01-ncaabbs COGS 04-cheers 03-cloud9

RAISE UP!!! I love me some UConn Huskies Women Basketball.

[Image: WkeIiy.gif]

They really need a song more than a thread. 04-cheers

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - dfwtxtiger - 02-07-2017 12:08 PM

Probably one of the strongest positives about this conference.
They could beat most of the men's teams playing today.

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - Thegoldstandard - 02-07-2017 01:18 PM

The most impressive thing is how they are beating top teams this year after losing the 1st 3 players taken in last years wnba draft. Its clear this group benefited from practicing against that type of talent every day.

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - Kronke - 02-07-2017 01:59 PM

(02-07-2017 12:08 PM)dfwtxtiger Wrote:  They could beat most of the men's teams playing today.

LOL, no they couldn't.

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - MemphisTigerFreak - 02-07-2017 02:19 PM

(02-07-2017 01:59 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 12:08 PM)dfwtxtiger Wrote:  They could beat most of the men's teams playing today.

LOL, no they couldn't.

Maybe Tulane tho

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - wavefan12 - 02-07-2017 02:33 PM

(02-07-2017 12:08 PM)dfwtxtiger Wrote:  Probably one of the strongest positives about this conference.

U are clueless.

Quick story. I played baseball at Umass. We would play pickup Bball in the off-season and many of the ladies from the women's Bball team would play. We straight up steam rolled the ladies and I was just an average high school point guard (probably one of the lower grade male players on the floor) who probably couldn't play D3 Bball. It was embarrassing. We would have to play nice with the women so we didn't make them look foolish. The physicality is just too much.

This talk is useless. Just celebrate that UConn women's Bball is amazing and leave it at this, otherwise provide some evidence before dropping your absurd opinion.

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - HuskyU - 02-07-2017 02:39 PM

(02-07-2017 02:19 PM)MemphisTigerFreak Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 01:59 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

LOL, no they couldn't.

Maybe Tulane tho

And our men's team... 03-banghead 02-13-banana

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - HuskyU - 02-07-2017 02:56 PM

Thanks for the shout-out thread and compliments. Us Connecticut folk (whether WBB fans or not) are incredibly proud of the program.

Also wanna give a shout-out to how much the conference has stepped it up in WBB. Three tourney locks in UCONN, USF, and Temple with Tulane trending on the right side of the bubble. Also props to SMU and Houston for hiring great new coaches in Mays and Hughey. We have a lot of fantastic coaches in this conference (across all sports).

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - chess - 02-07-2017 03:41 PM

(02-07-2017 02:56 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Thanks for the shout-out thread and compliments. Us Connecticut folk (whether WBB fans or not) are incredibly proud of the program.

Also wanna give a shout-out to how much the conference has stepped it up in WBB. Three tourney locks in UCONN, USF, and Temple with Tulane trending on the right side of the bubble. Also props to SMU and Houston for hiring great new coaches in Mays and Hughey. We have a lot of fantastic coaches in this conference (across all sports).

There isn't an equal. Sure, we get Notre Dame, Duke, UNC, etc.. at times. With Pat Summit retiring at Tennessee, there isn't an equal to UConn.

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - HartfordHusky - 02-07-2017 05:39 PM

(02-07-2017 02:33 PM)wavefan12 Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 12:08 PM)dfwtxtiger Wrote:  Probably one of the strongest positives about this conference.

U are clueless.

Quick story. I played baseball at Umass. We would play pickup Bball in the off-season and many of the ladies from the women's Bball team would play. We straight up steam rolled the ladies and I was just an average high school point guard (probably one of the lower grade male players on the floor) who probably couldn't play D3 Bball. It was embarrassing. We would have to play nice with the women so we didn't make them look foolish. The physicality is just too much.

This talk is useless. Just celebrate that UConn women's Bball is amazing and leave it at this, otherwise provide some evidence before dropping your absurd opinion.

I don't think the UConn women could beat men's DI teams but I think they would definitely handle most random groups of male college students. They played Kevin Hart and he friends a few years ago and, while I know it wasn't serious, they demolished them.

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - Tiger1983 - 02-07-2017 06:54 PM

(02-07-2017 05:39 PM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 02:33 PM)wavefan12 Wrote:  

U are clueless.

I don't think the UConn women could beat men's DI teams but I think they would definitely handle most random groups of male college students. They played Kevin Hart and he friends a few years ago and, while I know it wasn't serious, they demolished them.

UConn's complete, merciless, and utter dominance is amazing, but East High School in Memphis would throttle them.

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - TIGERCITY - 02-07-2017 06:57 PM

No better program in the nation --- ever.

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 02-07-2017 08:17 PM

CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR LITTLE JOEY DOWN AT MIDDLEBURY MIDDLE SCHOOL? HE JUST BEAT UGLY TODD FOR HIS 100TH WIN IN A ROW AT MARBLES!

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - TonyTiger06 - 02-08-2017 01:17 AM

(02-07-2017 07:40 AM)Tigersmoke3 Wrote:  

I second that. What they are accomplishing is simply historic and should be applauded. It's just a doggone shame that ESPN is not highlighting them more. I can't wait until contract is up so we can get our rights back. It's a shame that espn feels as though they have to try to suppress our ratings to keep our value down. However go lady Huskys!04-bow04-bow04-bow

I agree wholeheartedly ... 04-cheers !!! Just wish Aresco and company was flirting with other options and perhaps putting a little more pressure on them to speed things up ... 07-coffee3

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - bearcatfan1211 - 02-08-2017 11:05 AM

(02-07-2017 08:17 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR LITTLE JOEY DOWN AT MIDDLEBURY MIDDLE SCHOOL? HE JUST BEAT UGLY TODD FOR HIS 100TH WIN IN A ROW AT MARBLES!

Joey Cheated!

RE: CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR UCONN WOMEN BASKETBALL - BigEastHomer - 02-20-2017 05:10 PM

(02-07-2017 02:56 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Also props to SMU and Houston for hiring great new coaches in Mays and Hughey.

Thanks! I really like Hughey and also think Mays at SMU is a good hire as well.

It was said in the other thread but I feel that the great UConn women are raising the level of AAC conference play immensely, and so much of that is due to hiring good coaches to compete (like Hughey and Mays).

It's an arms race.

Not to pick on ECU but they are in dead last right now.

ECU's coach, Heather Macy, has a mediocre record. She hasn't made the dance though in her 7 years at ECU (hired the same year as Lebo). With the new hires in the conference the Pirates have been tumbling down the rankings. Here are her diminishing records at ECU. (which are little better than Lebo).

This years East Carolina WBB team is 1-13 (0.071) in AAC play and 10-17 (0.370) overall.

2010–11 East Carolina 16–15 9–7 5th
2011–12 East Carolina 12–19 5–11 7th
2012–13 East Carolina 22–10 11–5 2nd WNIT First Round
2013–14 East Carolina 22–9 10–6 5th WNIT First Round
2014–15 East Carolina 22–11 11–7 5th WNIT Second Round
2015–16 East Carolina 13–19 6–12 8th
2016–17 East Carolina 10–17 1-13 11th

Heather Macy at ECU (Overall): 117–100, 53–61

While its obvious that ECU needs to fix their MBB and WBB programs, looking at their diminishing records lets me know that the other programs are doing something right.

It reminds me of an old saying... If you're not getting better, you are getting worse!