CSNbbs
New football programs - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: New football programs (/thread-806767.html)

New football programs - ColinApocalypse - 01-26-2017 09:21 AM

We have seen an explosion of new football programs over the last few years, and Michigan is no exception.

Siena Heights, Concordia, Finlandia, and Davenport have all established football programs over the last 5 years or so. And now Lawrence Tech has announced their intention to start a program:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2017/01/24/lawrence-tech-will-field-football-team-season/96979466/

I think it's cool to see all these new opportunities for guys to continue playing football at the next level.

What do you guys think?

RE: New football programs - MajorHoople - 01-26-2017 09:38 AM

Agree. Also more college coaching opportunities for those looking for them.

RE: New football programs - SilentStryk09 - 01-26-2017 01:41 PM

man, wish LTU had a team while i was there for a whole year. lol. However now all the old "Football Undefeated since 1932" shirts are moot.

RE: New football programs - NYbronco - 01-26-2017 02:51 PM

(01-26-2017 01:41 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  man, wish LTU had a team while i was there for a whole year. lol. However now all the old "Football Undefeated since 1932" shirts are moot.

If you want one of those shirts, i Think Calvin College may still do those and brag about their undefeated status

RE: New football programs - MajorHoople - 01-26-2017 03:03 PM

Unbeaten, untied, unscored upon.

Still virgins.

RE: New football programs - CaptainSlow - 01-26-2017 04:10 PM

I work at Concordia. The new football program also brings a big school feel to the campus and has opened up the opportunity to start a new marching band program as well. It gives kids a chance to keep playing and students a reason to get excited about their school. Best wishes to LTU. My Glen Oaks Community College Football shirt is still relevant: undefeated since 1965!

RE: New football programs - Bronc33 - 01-26-2017 04:16 PM

(01-26-2017 04:10 PM)CaptainSlow Wrote:  I work at Concordia. The new football program also brings a big school feel to the campus and has opened up the opportunity to start a new marching band program as well. It gives kids a chance to keep playing and students a reason to get excited about their school. Best wishes to LTU. My Glen Oaks Community College Football shirt is still relevant: undefeated since 1965!

I drive by the concordia stadium every day. Nice looking place, glad they painted the barn.

RE: New football programs - CaptainSlow - 01-26-2017 04:32 PM

(01-26-2017 04:16 PM)Bronc33 Wrote:  
(01-26-2017 04:10 PM)CaptainSlow Wrote:  I work at Concordia. The new football program also brings a big school feel to the campus and has opened up the opportunity to start a new marching band program as well. It gives kids a chance to keep playing and students a reason to get excited about their school. Best wishes to LTU. My Glen Oaks Community College Football shirt is still relevant: undefeated since 1965!

I drive by the concordia stadium every day. Nice looking place, glad they painted the barn.

Agreed on both. The stadium is a nice front door for the campus (and it adds a bit more parking). I just wish they would build an elevated walkway over Geddes, as it can be a bit treacherous to cross.

RE: New football programs - Hiller4Hyz09 - 01-26-2017 05:47 PM

Talk about clickbait. I was expecting to see what cool new look our programs would have this year.