CSNbbs
ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings (/thread-806185.html)

Pages: 1 2

ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - IWokeUpLikeThis - 01-21-2017 12:51 AM

RPI or BPI?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18518019/conference-power-rankings-according-bpi

1 BXII
2 ACC
3 Big East
4 Big Ten
5 SEC
6 PAC
7. American
8. Missouri Valley
9. Atlantic 10
10. West Coast
11. Mountain West
12. Mid-American
13. Colonial
14. Sun Belt
15. Horizon
16. IVY
17. Summit
18. MAAC
19. Conference USA
20. Southern
21. Atlantic Sun
22. Ohio Valley
23. America East
24. Patriot League
25. Big West
26. Big Sky
27. Big South
28. WAC
29. Northeast
30. Southland
31. SWAC
32. MEAC

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - Carolina_Low_Country - 01-21-2017 07:00 AM

I still think the American needs to add Wichita State, VCU, and Dayton. Would make basketball so much better and would allow the American to separate itself from the MVC and A10 even more.

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - Carolina_Low_Country - 01-21-2017 07:02 AM

An, CUSA has fallen off big time in basketball. The Sun Belt did a much better job on past realignment and it is starting to show in baseball, basketball, and football.

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - Scoochpooch - 01-21-2017 09:04 AM

(01-21-2017 12:51 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  RPI or BPI?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18518019/conference-power-rankings-according-bpi

1 BXII
2 ACC
3 Big East
4 Big Ten
5 SEC
6 PAC
7. American
8. Missouri Valley
9. Atlantic 10
10. West Coast
11. Mountain West
12. Mid-American
13. Colonial
14. Sun Belt
15. Horizon
16. IVY
17. Summit
18. MAAC
19. Conference USA
20. Southern
21. Atlantic Sun
22. Ohio Valley
23. America East
24. Patriot League
25. Big West
26. Big Sky
27. Big South
28. WAC
29. Northeast
30. Southland
31. SWAC
32. MEAC

Never know where they get this stuff from? Big 12 is Kansas and everyone else. SEC is Kentucky and everyone else. It doesn't matter who is the hit team in those conferences it always ends up that way.

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - billybobby777 - 01-21-2017 08:57 PM

ESPN lists "6 power conferences" guess where the American is? Not in their made up BPI power 6. We are in the "Other conferences" category...********. Why do so many of you AAC fans love VD ESPIN so much? P6?... they won't even include us in their "P6" in basketball. Wow they are evil. Just set on destroying many good programs the past 20 years....I want them to keep losing subscribers and I want them to hurt the way they've hurt schools with the these bullsh!t labels.

Cheers!

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - RutgersGuy - 01-21-2017 09:57 PM

(01-21-2017 08:57 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  ESPN lists "6 power conferences" guess where the American is? Not in their made up BPI power 6. We are in the "Other conferences" category...********. Why do so many of you AAC fans love VD ESPIN so much? P6?... they won't even include us in their "P6" in basketball. Wow they are evil. Just set on destroying many good programs the past 20 years....I want them to keep losing subscribers and I want them to hurt the way they've hurt schools with the these bullsh!t labels.

Cheers!

Well you aren't in the top 6 so whats your issue? They didn't make it the top 7 just to include you? They can't call it the P5 because the Big East is clearly a top flight league.

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - Big Frog II - 01-21-2017 10:52 PM

(01-21-2017 09:04 AM)Scoochpooch Wrote:  
(01-21-2017 12:51 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  RPI or BPI?

1 BXII
2 ACC
3 Big East
4 Big Ten
5 SEC
6 PAC
7. American
8. Missouri Valley
9. Atlantic 10
10. West Coast
11. Mountain West
12. Mid-American
13. Colonial
14. Sun Belt
15. Horizon
16. IVY
17. Summit
18. MAAC
19. Conference USA
20. Southern
21. Atlantic Sun
22. Ohio Valley
23. America East
24. Patriot League
25. Big West
26. Big Sky
27. Big South
28. WAC
29. Northeast
30. Southland
31. SWAC
32. MEAC

Never know where they get this stuff from? Big 12 is Kansas and everyone else. SEC is Kentucky and everyone else. It doesn't matter who is the hit team in those conferences it always ends up that way.

Have you checked to see who Baylor and WV have beaten this year? The Big 12 is hardly a one team show.

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - Kittonhead - 01-21-2017 11:18 PM

(01-21-2017 07:02 AM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  An, CUSA has fallen off big time in basketball. The Sun Belt did a much better job on past realignment and it is starting to show in baseball, basketball, and football.

But what could be done about it, CUSA could only attract SBC schools during the past realignment and now can't even do that.

They should have gone with NMSU instead of FAU. That would have helped.

Maybe Missouri State who would have moved instead of helping Old Dominion up. Couldn't do that though because East Carolina was demanding them.

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - chess - 01-22-2017 12:26 PM

It is important for ECU and Tulane, etc... to improve.

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - billybobby777 - 01-22-2017 12:28 PM

(01-21-2017 09:57 PM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  
(01-21-2017 08:57 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  ESPN lists "6 power conferences" guess where the American is? Not in their made up BPI power 6. We are in the "Other conferences" category...********. Why do so many of you AAC fans love VD ESPIN so much? P6?... they won't even include us in their "P6" in basketball. Wow they are evil. Just set on destroying many good programs the past 20 years....I want them to keep losing subscribers and I want them to hurt the way they've hurt schools with the these bullsh!t labels.

Cheers!

Well you aren't in the top 6 so whats your issue? They didn't make it the top 7 just to include you? They can't call it the P5 because the Big East is clearly a top flight league.

Oh, So you are saying that the "power 6" rotates. If the AAC was 4th and the MWC was 5th and the A-10 was 6th, then ESPN WOULD List them as "power conferences" and the 3 conferences that lost their place to them (PAC, SEC, BE) would be rotated into the "other conferences" category???
Not a chance in hell and you know it.
Cheers!

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - Tigersmoke3 - 01-22-2017 12:45 PM

(01-22-2017 12:28 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Cheers!

Oh, So you are saying that the "power 6" rotates. If the AAC was 4th and the MWC was 5th and the A-10 was 6th, then ESPN WOULD List them as "power conferences" and the 3 conferences that lost their place to them (PAC, SEC, BE) would be rotated into the "other conferences" category???
Cheers!
This billybobby nut is not an AAC fan and does not speak for any real AAC FANS, only his own troll attempts 07-coffee3

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - Phlipper33 - 01-22-2017 12:50 PM

I think if that happened, they would be talking about the reasons the power conferences are down. It would take several years of sustained success for one of the other conferences to be considered a basketball power confer nice. The AAC certainly has a chance to become a power conference, they have a couple of really good teams but the middle and bottom of the conference keeps them out of the "power conferences"

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - TripleA - 01-22-2017 01:14 PM

(01-21-2017 07:00 AM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  I still think the American needs to add Wichita State, VCU, and Dayton. Would make basketball so much better and would allow the American to separate itself from the MVC and A10 even more.

Agree. I just don't think the AAC is in the mood to become a split league again any time soon. Navy seems enough, for FB only. Too bad, really.

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - RutgersGuy - 01-22-2017 01:27 PM

Cheers!

Cheers!

Well no, because once again the power designation isn't about a single season. It's about money you make, respect you demand and consistency. The Power 6 have been the top 6 conferences year in and year out. The AAC has been the 7th best conference the last 3 years. You are just unhappy with your lot in life as a non-power conference.

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - billybobby777 - 01-22-2017 02:10 PM

(01-22-2017 12:45 PM)Tigersmoke3 Wrote:  

Cheers!

Cheers!
This billybobby nut is not an AAC fan and does not speak for any real AAC FANS, only his own troll attempts 07-coffee3

That's what I'm talking about. You following me around to other threads talking garbage about me.
Cheers!

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - billybobby777 - 01-22-2017 02:16 PM

(01-22-2017 01:27 PM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  

Cheers!

Cheers!

Well no, because once again the power designation isn't about a single season. It's about money you make, respect you demand and consistency. The Power 6 have been the top 6 conferences year in and year out. The AAC has been the 7th best conference the last 3 years. You are just unhappy with your lot in life as a non-power conference.

Of course Im unhappy that the AAC has been deemed a non-power conference. If the AAC was the 4th best conference ESPN wouldn't call us a "power conference" I won't bother using previous years examples of top 5 rpi conference rankings, multiple NCAA bids and a National Championship a few years ago. "Accept my lot as a non-power conference"--Yes Sir. I should have known my place Sir. Apologies Sir.
Cheers!

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - Tigersmoke3 - 01-22-2017 02:42 PM

(01-22-2017 02:10 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Cheers!

Cheers!

That's what I'm talking about. You following me around to other threads talking garbage about me.
Cheers!
Sorry billybobby that posted before we made up. I truly apologize 04-cheers

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - billybobby777 - 01-22-2017 02:47 PM

(01-22-2017 02:42 PM)Tigersmoke3 Wrote:  
(01-22-2017 02:10 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(01-21-2017 09:57 PM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  Well you aren't in the top 6 so whats your issue? They didn't make it the top 7 just to include you? They can't call it the P5 because the Big East is clearly a top flight league.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Sorry billybobby that posted before we made up. I truly apologize 04-cheers

Oh ok cool. Glad to hear it!
Cheers!

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - BruceMcF - 01-22-2017 07:50 PM

(01-22-2017 01:27 PM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  Well no, because once again the power designation isn't about a single season. It's about money you make, respect you demand and consistency.
The new Big East is a key test of this. When they started, it was an open question among many whether they would continue to be considered a power BBall conference. And then they proceeded to be in and amongst the P5 schools in terms of numbers of ranked schools and numbers of high seeds and percentage of the conference getting bids, and any lingering doubts among serious observers were laid to rest.

RE: ESPN releases conference BPI Rankings - nzmorange - 01-22-2017 08:02 PM

(01-22-2017 07:50 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  
(01-22-2017 01:27 PM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  Well no, because once again the power designation isn't about a single season. It's about money you make, respect you demand and consistency.
The new Big East is a key test of this. When they started, it was an open question among many whether they would continue to be considered a power BBall conference. And then they proceeded to be in and amongst the P5 schools in terms of numbers of ranked schools and numbers of high seeds and percentage of the conference getting bids, and any lingering doubts among serious observers were laid to rest.

I don't see a conference w/ Georgetown, Villanova, and Marquette in it not being a power conference.

The BE makes a killing off of basketball TV money. The conference has multiple teams w/ recent FF's. The conference has a strong footing in the best recruiting areas in the country.

The conference is a power conference, and it has always been a power conference. I don't see a reasonable argument against them.