CSNbbs
NFL Black Sunday - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: NFL Black Sunday (/thread-804076.html)

NFL Black Sunday - stever20 - 01-01-2017 09:46 PM

well so far tonight heard that McCoy from SD and Kelly from SF have been fired. Also sounds like Kubiak will be retiring from Den. Combine those with Buffalo Los Angeles and Jacksonville and I guess we have 6 NFL openings this year.

RE: NFL Black Sunday - PirateTreasureNC - 01-01-2017 10:29 PM

SF is a dumpster fire....

I would have thought Kelly would have gotten at least two years though... one to put in his system/learn the division and the then the next to see what he could do. I mean the Cards and Seahawks are a tough nut to crack.

RE: NFL Black Sunday - Erictelevision - 01-02-2017 12:25 AM

Is it definite that McCoy is out? I got the sense they're waiting to see if they are actually moving to LA. If they DO move, McCoy is out.

RE: NFL Black Sunday - Wedge - 01-02-2017 04:41 AM

Yes, McCoy was officially fired on Sunday after the Chargers game.

That probably means nothing in terms of whether/when the Chargers will move to LA, because they'll want a new coaching staff either way: If they're staying in SD, they'll want a new head coach to show they're trying to win so to get public money for a stadium; if they're moving, they'll want to show they're trying to win in order to try to get some attention in an LA market that doesn't give a bleep about the Chargers.

NFL Black Sunday - vandiver49 - 01-03-2017 03:41 PM

(01-02-2017 04:41 AM)Wedge Wrote:  Yes, McCoy was officially fired on Sunday after the Chargers game.

That probably means nothing in terms of whether/when the Chargers will move to LA, because they'll want a new coaching staff either way: If they're staying in SD, they'll want a new head coach to show they're trying to win so to get public money for a stadium; if they're moving, they'll want to show they're trying to win in order to try to get some attention in an LA market that doesn't give a bleep about the Chargers.

There isn't anything Spanos can do to get the Chargers (or whatever they change their name to) traction in the LA market

RE: NFL Black Sunday - BlazerJoe - 01-03-2017 05:54 PM

(01-01-2017 10:29 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  SF is a dumpster fire....

I would have thought Kelly would have gotten at least two years though... one to put in his system/learn the division and the then the next to see what he could do. I mean the Cards and Seahawks are a tough nut to crack.

I think the problem with San Fran is at the very top. As long as Jed York owns the team, it's gonna take an absolute miracle for the Niners to be good.