CSNbbs
Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama (/thread-804004.html)

Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - shere khan - 12-31-2016 10:42 PM

All Bama all the time

[Image: 2ebff52159ce9250c0d551f727574182_crop_ex...p;amp;q=85]

Enjoy it America.

RE: Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - C2__ - 12-31-2016 10:46 PM

Pretty soon, they're gonna have to promote Alabama to the NFL. Geez, Nick Saban can't retire soon enough.

RE: Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - JRsec - 12-31-2016 11:58 PM

(12-31-2016 10:46 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  Pretty soon, they're gonna have to promote Alabama to the NFL. Geez, Nick Saban can't retire soon enough.

Nick is on the Expirement program not the Retirement program.

And I would imagine that there are many Bammers who would like to have Dabo back at that time.

RE: Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - Ohio Poly - 01-01-2017 12:27 PM

Right hand: A team that can pummel Tosu is peaking and can play w/ Bama

Left hand: Clemson spent all their ammo pummeling Tosu and will fall flat in the natty

RE: Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - miko33 - 01-02-2017 01:54 PM

(12-31-2016 10:46 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  Pretty soon, they're gonna have to promote Alabama to the NFL. Geez, Nick Saban can't retire soon enough.

I get it that this is a tongue in cheek statement, but reality (for those who worship the almighty Saban) is that Alabama would get their asses handed to them playing the worst NFL teams, and that Saban is a mediocre at best coach at the next level.

Also bear in mind that when the college administration is complicate in enabling a football factory to run at the university, it makes coaching at the collegiate level very easy.

RE: Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - HeartOfDixie - 01-02-2017 02:42 PM

I think Dabo will do great work at Alabama.

If he is at this kind of level when Saban retires I have no doubt he will be the number one pick and Dabo would leap at the opportunity.

RE: Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - Hokie Mark - 01-02-2017 03:47 PM

(01-02-2017 02:42 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  If Dabo... is at this kind of level when Saban retires I have no doubt he will be the number one pick
Agreed.

Quote:Dabo would leap at the opportunity.
Maybe, but I wouldn't be so sure about the "leap" part. Can Alabama persuade him? Probably.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - Kaplony - 01-02-2017 04:03 PM

At this point I don't know if Dabo would go to Bama.

I understand that's his alma mater and all but he's coached there before and was fired. He was out of coaching and selling real estate when Clemson gave him the opportunity to get back in coaching. Since being named head coach Clemson has given him everything he has asked for and the amount of pressure at Clemson is nowhere near what it would be at Bama.

But if he were to leave in the next 4-5 years we'll just promote Brent Venables because with the commitment of his son Jake to play for the Tigers I doubt Brent is going anywhere anytime soon.

RE: Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - HeartOfDixie - 01-02-2017 04:09 PM

(01-02-2017 03:47 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 02:42 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  If Dabo... is at this kind of level when Saban retires I have no doubt he will be the number one pick
Agreed.

Maybe, but I wouldn't be so sure about the "leap" part. Can Alabama persuade him? Probably.

I'd go so far as to say Dabo would take a pay cut to go to Alabama.

He's got a deep emotional connection to the whole thing, school and program.

Dabo wouldn't think twice about no leaving for Alabama.

Granted, it's purely an Alabama thing. You'd probably be right if you were talking about him going to FSU or Texas.

But, we are talking Alabama and Dabo.

RE: Future Bama Head Coach vs Alabama - shere khan - 01-02-2017 05:08 PM

(01-02-2017 03:47 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
Agreed.

He would leap