CSNbbs
Only Play G4 Schools at Home - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Smack Talk (/forum-423.html)
+----- Thread: Only Play G4 Schools at Home (/thread-803119.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Only Play G4 Schools at Home - Bearcats#1 - 12-21-2016 06:42 AM

I think the AAC should fall in line with most of our P6 brethren and only play G4 schools at home. We obviously need them on our OOC schedule, but only at our home stadiums. We should only offer them 1 and nones or 2 and nones. We could throw them a basketball game at their house to sweeten the deal a little if we have to but that should be about it.

If there is is going to be an exception to this, I think it needs cleared through the AAC office and Mike Aresco, who would have final power to grant a 1 and 1 etc.

Discuss

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - Blue_Trombone - 12-21-2016 07:25 AM

Oh my god you guys are so adorable.

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - BobcatEngineer - 12-21-2016 07:32 AM

[Image: Bh6uEryCcAAa3Wr.jpg]

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - Jack Hoff - 12-21-2016 07:36 AM

(12-21-2016 06:42 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I think the AAC should fall in line with most of our P6 brethren and only play G4 schools at home. We obviously need them on our OOC schedule, but only at our home stadiums. We should only offer them 1 and nones or 2 and nones. We could throw them a basketball game at their house to sweeten the deal a little if we have to but that should be about it.

If there is is going to be an exception to this, I think it needs cleared through the AAC office and Mike Aresco, who would have final power to grant a 1 and 1 etc.

Discuss

Aresco needs to make a decree to AAC ADs to stop scheduling non P5s altogether other than Boise State and the Independents.

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - TheEagleWay - 12-21-2016 07:49 AM

(12-21-2016 06:42 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I think the AAC should fall in line with most of our P6 brethren and only play G4 schools at home.

[Image: JNDA_f-maxage-0.gif]

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 12-21-2016 08:09 AM

I agree. As an Army fan, it is embarrassing to travel to their tiny stadiums without zero fans.

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - M1T4 - 12-21-2016 08:14 AM

Most definitly. G4's want to play us so they can come to our place

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - wkuhilltopperfan - 12-21-2016 08:14 AM

At the cost of 1.2-1.5 million, im sure you guys can play host all you want. WKU just finished its contact with Wisconsin, they are paying only 1.3 million for a home football game.....but they stilled owned us a home - home in basketball as part of the agreement

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - BigHouston - 12-21-2016 08:20 AM

Those G4 little guys are happy today

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - MegaCard - 12-21-2016 08:23 AM

That's not true for every Power Six school. Louisville played on the road at Marshall just this year and played at FIU in their first year of being in the ACC.

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - ValleyBoy - 12-21-2016 08:43 AM

(12-21-2016 06:42 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I think the AAC should fall in line with most of our P6 brethren and only play G4 schools at home. We obviously need them on our OOC schedule, but only at our home stadiums. We should only offer them 1 and nones or 2 and nones. We could throw them a basketball game at their house to sweeten the deal a little if we have to but that should be about it.

Discuss

ACC AD : We would like to see if we can schedule a football game against ya'll.
MW, CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt AD: Home/Away.
ACC AD: No, one game at our place.
MW, CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt AD. No thanks, click. Who do they think they are Alabama.

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - fanhood - 12-21-2016 08:47 AM

Discuss

I know you are trying to be funny, but you do realize that most programs do not offer "pay day" games anymore? It is far to expensive. Thus, they offer Home and Homes.

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - fanhood - 12-21-2016 08:48 AM

(12-21-2016 08:14 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  At the cost of 1.2-1.5 million, im sure you guys can play host all you want. WKU just finished its contact with Wisconsin, they are paying only 1.3 million for a home football game.....but they stilled owned us a home - home in basketball as part of the agreement

This. Sorry girls, you cannot afford it.

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - KNIGHTTIME - 12-21-2016 09:28 AM

Maybe a compromise is doing a 2-1 with the G4's? This way they still get a P6 home game. We are givers in the AAC. We need to look out for the poor.

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - TU 1978 - 12-21-2016 09:31 AM

Playing the G4s are easy wins. Especially the overrated teams of the MAC, where the margin of victory for us is 60 points easy.

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - BigHouston - 12-21-2016 09:36 AM

(12-21-2016 09:28 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Maybe a compromise is doing a 2-1 with the G4's? This way they still get a P6 home game. We are givers in the AAC. We need to look out for the poor.

That's what I being trying to tell everyone, KNIGHTTIME 04-cheers

100% agree, someone has to look out for the little G4 schools.

Oh they are so adorable

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - StanMolsonMan - 12-21-2016 09:39 AM

Let's see. P5s would pay upwards of a half a million more. So why would we do a one off with an AAC team. And some of us already have home and homes against other P5 teams like UNC and Vanderbilt. Plus, us "little guys" have 3 other conferences to fill out our schedule in home and homes as well.

So really. Y'all should do this. We'll be just fine.

[Image: jewzbxJ.gif]

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - StanMolsonMan - 12-21-2016 09:59 AM

(12-21-2016 09:36 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  
(12-21-2016 09:28 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Maybe a compromise is doing a 2-1 with the G4's? This way they still get a P6 home game. We are givers in the AAC. We need to look out for the poor.

Oh they are so adorable

That must be the reason you guys are 1-7 against us in bowl games.

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - BigHouston - 12-21-2016 10:19 AM

(12-21-2016 09:59 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(12-21-2016 09:36 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  

Oh they are so adorable

That must be the reason you guys are 1-7 against us in bowl games.

Doesn't matter little guy... Just be happy y'all even have games with AAC

RE: Only Play G4 Schools at Home - Tom in Lazybrook - 12-21-2016 10:33 AM

Discuss

LOL. Okay, enjoy playing 7 road games a year. What G5 team is going to agree to that 'deal'? Youre welcome to pay a Belt team 1.8 million or so (the going rate at this point) for a payday game. But that would only increase if you add 12 more schools trying to compete for the limited number of payday slots from MAC, Belt, MWC and CUSA schools. My guess is that you'd end up paying north of 2 million. Remember, that most "G4" schools will only schedule 1 payday a year. And most of our schedules are full.

Hey, UC or USF or Tulane, want to play USA at home only? I'm sure USA would. Simply endorse a check for 1.8 million or more (and USA will now insist on a very high cancellation fee). But we don't have an opening until 2023. Other schools are probably similarly situated.

Anyone think that paying Arkansas State or App 2 million to play you at home only is a good use of your money? Or NIU? Or Colorado State?

You can't afford to pay us. If you could, you would.

By the way, lots of P5 teams still play at Belt/CUSA schools. Oklahoma State is coming to Mobile next year. Miami went to App and stAte. VT is going to ODU. NCState goes everywhere. Mississippi State plays at Belt schools. Texas Tech does too.