CSNbbs
Over on the AAC board - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Over on the AAC board (/thread-802859.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Over on the AAC board - StAteRedWolf - 12-18-2016 07:29 PM

the butthurt is still strong among those AAC fans that delusionally believe they are so much better than the rest of the G5 teams. Check out the "Houston and UCF" thread. 03-lmfao

RE: Over on the AAC board - BRtransplant - 12-18-2016 08:13 PM

Just read through that entire thread. Man, there are some AAC fans that are as delusional as they come. They actually refer to the AAC a P6 conference, when there is no such thing as the P6. The whippings that Ark St and SDSU put on UCF and Houston totally derailed the dreams those AAC guys had of making a statement this bowl season.

Just imagine how those AAC guys will behave if WKU manages to take out Memphis, and La Tech can beat Navy later this week.

RE: Over on the AAC board - EigenEagle - 12-18-2016 08:39 PM

I love the "don't you guys watch TV? the talking heads say we're a power conference" comment. Hahahahahaha.

All you need to know about the AAC is that they are in the same NCAA voting bloc as the MWC, SBC, and CUSA and aren't included in the Power 5. Game. Set. Mach.

RE: Over on the AAC board - sdcritter - 12-18-2016 08:46 PM

More importantly, they are expecting continued TV revenue to keep their perceived separation from the rest of the pack. That ain't happening. There's a new dynamic coming. It won't involve the NCAA and it won't involve traditional TV networks. Whichever group/conference(s) realize that and figure out how to take advantage of it will do well.

RE: Over on the AAC board - StAteRedWolf - 12-18-2016 08:49 PM

Check out this one. They seriously believe the terms P6 and G4 are legit.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-802860.html

RE: Over on the AAC board - dawgitall - 12-18-2016 08:49 PM

(12-18-2016 08:39 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I love the "don't you guys watch TV? the talking heads say we're a power conference" comment. Hahahahahaha.

All you need to know about the AAC is that they are in the same NCAA voting bloc as the MWC, SBC, and CUSA and aren't included in the Power 5. Game. Set. Mach.

The AAC calls it the P6 because they can. It is a good strategy to promote themselves. If there is anything I've learned in all these years it is that if you keep saying something over and over again eventually people will start accepting it as reality. You can't blame them for self promotion.

RE: Over on the AAC board - StAteRedWolf - 12-18-2016 08:52 PM

(12-18-2016 08:49 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  
(12-18-2016 08:39 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I love the "don't you guys watch TV? the talking heads say we're a power conference" comment. Hahahahahaha.

The AAC calls it the P6 because they can. It is a good strategy to promote themselves. If there is anything I've learned in all these years it is that if you keep saying something over and over again eventually people will start accepting it as reality. You can't blame them for self promotion.

Nope, but you can also laugh at them for their self delusions.

RE: Over on the AAC board - TheEagleWay - 12-18-2016 09:07 PM

P6?

LOL

RE: Over on the AAC board - Fanof49ASU - 12-18-2016 09:11 PM

Those threads/posters are seriously embarrassing/delusional. They really believe that stuff?!?!

RE: Over on the AAC board - JTApps1 - 12-18-2016 09:19 PM

One thing CUSA fans and Sun Belt fans can agree on, the AAC fans need to be brought back down to reality. Didn't they have a losing record in bowls last year even with Houston beating FSU?

RE: Over on the AAC board - sdcritter - 12-18-2016 09:30 PM

They did. Hate to see a peer conference end the season like that. Wait, no I don't.

RE: Over on the AAC board - HerdZoned - 12-18-2016 10:13 PM

(12-18-2016 08:49 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  The AAC calls it the P6 because they can.

And everyone else can laugh at them for doing so

(12-18-2016 08:49 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  It is a good strategy to promote themselves. If there is anything I've learned in all these years it is that if you keep saying something over and over again eventually people will start accepting it as reality.

You look like Mike Tranghese and Baghdad Bob in 2003. As no one believed what they said either.

(12-18-2016 08:49 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  You can't blame them for self promotion.

Except when it really makes you look silly to the rest of the NCAA community. But then again you root for ECU. The most delusional of that conference. ECUites think they should have been put in the BE i9n 1991 before VA Tech.

RE: Over on the AAC board - ah59396 - 12-18-2016 10:23 PM

Can we get Power 10 stickers next year just to mess with these guys?

RE: Over on the AAC board - StAteRedWolf - 12-18-2016 10:36 PM

(12-18-2016 10:23 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  Can we get Power 10 stickers next year just to mess with these guys?

Don't you mean P7 stickers? 03-cool

RE: Over on the AAC board - ark30inf - 12-18-2016 11:48 PM

(12-18-2016 10:36 PM)StAteRedWolf Wrote:  
(12-18-2016 10:23 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  Can we get Power 10 stickers next year just to mess with these guys?

Don't you mean P7 stickers? 03-cool

We need "Not Alabama" stickers for almost everyone.

RE: Over on the AAC board - EagleNationRising - 12-19-2016 12:21 AM

Omg, P10 stuff would be pretty awesome. More than a few conferences would s*** bricks

RE: Over on the AAC board - Coastal12 - 12-19-2016 01:22 AM

I am glad Coastal is joining the P10 next year. Lol.

RE: Over on the AAC board - chiefsfan - 12-19-2016 03:06 AM

(12-18-2016 08:13 PM)BRtransplant Wrote:  Just read through that entire thread. Man, there are some AAC fans that are as delusional as they come. They actually refer to the AAC a P6 conference, when there is no such thing as the P6. The whippings that Ark St and SDSU put on UCF and Houston totally derailed the dreams those AAC guys had of making a statement this bowl season.

Just imagine how those AAC guys will behave if WKU manages to take out Memphis, and La Tech can beat Navy later this week.

And the players and coaches listen to that P6 crap as well. UCF became the first team I've ever known to send the scout team to a Bowl event designed to help the less fortunate. Apparently their starters are too good to box meals for hungry kids.

I used to pretend Navy wasn't part of the AAC because they are a Service Academy, but after seeing the treatment they got from the NCAA Selection committee against a clearly superior WMU squad, screw em. Beat the crap out of em Tech.

Now if You excuse me, I have to go say 10 Hail Mary's and ask for forgiveness for the horrible sin which I have just committed.

RE: Over on the AAC board - Fanof49ASU - 12-19-2016 03:16 AM

(12-18-2016 08:49 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  

ULL fans aren't buying it.

RE: Over on the AAC board - TheRevSWT - 12-19-2016 03:26 AM

(12-18-2016 08:49 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  The AAC calls it the P6 because they can. It is a good strategy to promote themselves. If there is anything I've learned in all these years it is that if you keep saying something over and over again eventually people will start accepting it as reality. You can't blame them for self promotion.

I can also say my old lady is Megan Fox... Doesn't make it true or doesn't mean folks aren't going to say "Rev... WTF are you on?"

Besides, isn't the delineating factor between P5/G5 the voting and revenue distribution? Not trying to be a dick, but that's like a janitor on his pay claiming to be the executive vice president of custodial affairs.

No amount of pretend naming or "self promotion" is going to put the AAC on equal footing with the P5, they won't get the same money that the P5 gets, they won't get the same money the P5 gets, and instead... They get mocked for pretending to be something their not.

No doubt, they are tops of the G5. I don't even think it's close between them and second. But it still makes them just look foolish.