CSNbbs
Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest (/thread-802362.html)

Pages: 1 2

Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - 12thmonarch - 12-14-2016 09:48 AM

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/13/wake-forest-game-plan-leak-louisville-bobby-petrino?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

03-puke

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - chidave - 12-14-2016 09:53 AM

This is one of the craziest stories I've heard in a long time. I almost thought it was a joke segment when the news was breaking on the radio yesterday. He played and coached there, it's almost unbelievable. It will be interesting when (if) the full list of teams that got this info is released.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - 12thmonarch - 12-14-2016 09:58 AM

Why in the world would some one deceive their own team, almamater esp when he was playing there. He must be true scum and somewhere trucks are dumping money in a pit in his back yard. We'll have to see when the complete list comes out.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - KAjunRaider - 12-14-2016 10:03 AM

That joker will never be able to show his face again.

Petrino ? 05-nono

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - ThreeifbyLightning - 12-14-2016 10:04 AM

Like Petrino cheating is a news story.

Would be more of a story if it came out that he wasn't cheating in some way.

But yeah otherwise crazy. What a dumb ass.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - wh49er - 12-14-2016 10:09 AM

Big question for me, was there money exchanged for his information? If so, Pandora's box just got blown f'n wide opened.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - dahbeed - 12-14-2016 10:17 AM

Bizarre story. Athletics is sleazy at every level.

I heard an AAU story about an 8th grader this morning that just made me shake my head.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - wkufirst - 12-14-2016 10:18 AM

(12-14-2016 10:04 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Like Petrino cheating is a news story.

From a professional stand point has Petrino ever been caught cheating? As far as I remember he has never faced NCAA sanctions.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - HeadsetGuy - 12-14-2016 11:42 AM

just bizarre, my biggest question is why would he get the access anyway? radio guys are paid to fill airtime, the last type of person that needs inside access.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - Niner National - 12-14-2016 11:44 AM

like anyone needs a game plan to beat Wake Forest anyway.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - EagNBran - 12-14-2016 11:55 AM

(12-14-2016 10:09 AM)wh49er Wrote:  Big question for me, was there money exchanged for his information? If so, Pandora's box just got blown f'n wide opened.

Surely he did. Money makes people do dumb stuff like this. If he did it for free, well dang the dude must have had some massive enemies at WF.

(12-14-2016 11:42 AM)HeadsetGuy Wrote:  just bizarre, my biggest question is why would he get the access anyway? radio guys are paid to fill airtime, the last type of person that needs inside access.

Most radio guys have access to practices and such. It's fairly common for them to know the players well and talk on air about how things are going for them. I know Cox does it all the time, especially with basketball and baseball.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - usm99 - 12-14-2016 12:43 PM

You've heard of Wikileaks....now we have Wakeleaks. I'll be interested to see which schools profited off this information as well as those who denied receiving info but reports/proof shows they did.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - ThreeifbyLightning - 12-14-2016 12:53 PM

(12-14-2016 10:18 AM)wkufirst Wrote:  
(12-14-2016 10:04 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Like Petrino cheating is a news story.

From a professional stand point has Petrino ever been caught cheating? As far as I remember he has never faced NCAA sanctions.

I don't know. Does that matter? Do you really think the NCAA is a legitimate entity when it comes to enforcing its rules?? If you do let me tell you about this property I have for sale. There certainly hasn't been another coach who has consistently been in the news for unethical behavior.

But in talking to coaches over the years, when we discuss the most egregious when it comes to cheating one name came up over and over again and that was Petrino.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - wh49er - 12-14-2016 12:55 PM

(12-14-2016 11:55 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Surely he did. Money makes people do dumb stuff like this. If he did it for free, well dang the dude must have had some massive enemies at WF.

Articles made it seems like revenge was MO #1 but that would just make him easier to buy off.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - KAjunRaider - 12-14-2016 01:15 PM

NCAA won't do chit.............

Still hard to believe North Carolina got off with no penalty.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - wh49er - 12-14-2016 01:35 PM

(12-14-2016 01:15 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  NCAA won't do chit.............

They haven't handed down the punishment yet but it will most likely be a slap on the wrist.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - usm99 - 12-14-2016 01:47 PM

(12-14-2016 01:35 PM)wh49er Wrote:  

They haven't handed down the punishment yet but it will most likely be a slap on the wrist.

It's been delayed so long that they will eventually come out and say the "statute of limitations" has ran out so nothing can be done about it now.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - SoMs Eagle - 12-14-2016 02:12 PM

(12-14-2016 01:47 PM)usm99 Wrote:  
(12-14-2016 01:35 PM)wh49er Wrote:  

It's been delayed so long that they will eventually come out and say the "statute of limitations" has ran out so nothing can be done about it now.
The NCAA is still trying to figure out how to let them off.
Funny they figured out pretty fast what to do to D Tyndal and little ole Southern Miss.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - techdawg28 - 12-14-2016 03:28 PM

(12-14-2016 09:58 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  Why in the world would some one deceive their own team, almamater esp when he was playing there. He must be true scum and somewhere trucks are dumping money in a pit in his back yard. We'll have to see when the complete list comes out.

To me, this kind of disloyalty and betrayal is really low. It would be one thing if he had played and coached at a different school and then provided that school with inside info (that would still be scumbag material, don't get me wrong). But to BETRAY your ALMA MATER like that... despicable.

RE: Leaked game plans El Rod at WakeForest - KAjunRaider - 12-14-2016 04:01 PM

Can there be criminal charges ?