CSNbbs
Coach Fickel at UC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Coach Fickel at UC (/thread-802087.html)

Coach Fickel at UC - Springboromark - 12-11-2016 10:17 PM

With former OSU coach Fickel now coaching the Bearcats, I wonder how this will effect UT 's recruiting in this part of the state as well as in NW Ohio.

RE: Coach Fickel at UC - emanoh - 12-11-2016 11:18 PM

I think he's going to find it tougher than he thinks. Until now he's carried that golden OSU card in his back pocket. Now he's up against every MAC team and OSU. I would have stuck with the Bucks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RE: Coach Fickel at UC - falconplucker - 12-11-2016 11:23 PM

I think it tightened up with Stoops at Kentucky. I'm sure this won't help. I'm sure he has plenty of connections in NW Ohio as well. It's going to be a tight recruiting battle in Ohio.

RE: Coach Fickel at UC - eastisbest - 12-12-2016 12:21 AM

A bigger concern might be Strong at USF digging into that recruiting ground.

Coach Fickel at UC - DeepInSavageArena - 12-12-2016 02:14 AM

This was probably going to be his only shot as a HC. If it doesn't work out, he's probably got a spot back at OSU waiting for him.

(12-11-2016 11:18 PM)emanoh Wrote:  I think he's going to find it tougher than he thinks. Until now he's carried that golden OSU card in his back pocket. Now he's up against every MAC team and OSU. I would have stuck with the Bucks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RE: Coach Fickel at UC - utrocks84 - 12-12-2016 07:16 AM

Fickell has many connections throughout the state of Ohio from his many years at Ohio state and Akron. His primary recruiting area was Central Ohio, but he covered everywhere when linebackers were concerned. UK and MSU may be have more competition, especially if he starts to win there. MAC wise I would think he really only adds a couple more players from those targets than are already UC vs MAC players now. He knows like Candle that he will have to recruit south east and the Mid-Atlantic for speed and skill positions. Ohio State and Michigan will always get who they want.

RE: Coach Fickel at UC - Rocket Pirate - 12-12-2016 08:17 AM

Who is Cincinnati going to hire to be his Co-Head Coach?

RE: Coach Fickel at UC - indianasniff - 12-12-2016 09:24 AM

Definition irony with regard to coaching changes and recruiting.

fickle....changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties, interests, or affection.

This man should be mentioned annually for every coaching job on principle