CSNbbs
Auburn Game Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Auburn Game Thread (/thread-801121.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Auburn Game Thread - Blazer4Life14 - 12-03-2016 11:09 PM

(12-03-2016 10:10 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Defense is optional under the Haase and Ehsan regimes

This

RE: Auburn Game Thread - iam4uab - 12-03-2016 11:12 PM

We had the chance to put it away in the first half, but as usual, we allow wide open threes to keep teams close when we start to open it up.

Happened with St. Mary's every time we'd start to pull close, they'd get a couple big threes and stretch it back out.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - 4thDownBlazer - 12-03-2016 11:14 PM

This defense is unacceptable. Sick of losing the same way every time. If the other team has ANYONE who can shoot 3s then they have a chance to win. God forbid they have several players who can knock down 3s. This year is disappointing. Hard to watch.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - antblazer - 12-03-2016 11:25 PM

Man, the rest of the season will be tough with this defense. Could be looking at entering conference play 6-7 or, 5-8 :x
And then we play MTSU!

RE: Auburn Game Thread - KevMo4UAB - 12-03-2016 11:25 PM

We can't defend the three, and we can't make many threes.

3-pointers
UAB 7 - Furman 15
UAB 5 - Kansas 12
UAB 4 - St. Mary's 13
UAB 4 - Auburn 11

RE: Auburn Game Thread - antblazer - 12-03-2016 11:28 PM

(12-03-2016 11:25 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  We can't defend the three, and we can't make many threes.

3-pointers
UAB 7 - Furman 15
UAB 5 - Kansas 12
UAB 4 - St. Mary's 13
UAB 4 - Auburn 11

Some people see a lot of threes, I see a downward slope! (Generally)

RE: Auburn Game Thread - BlazintheATL - 12-03-2016 11:29 PM

The refs sucked in that game but out half ass permiter defense sucked way worse. Like someone said earlier, I'm tired of watching this team lose the same way over and over.

On another note, The only thing worse than our half ass perimeter D was the fact that we were basically outnumbered by Auburn fans in our own arena. That is truly embarrassing.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - 4thDownBlazer - 12-03-2016 11:35 PM

(12-03-2016 11:29 PM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  The refs sucked in that game but out half ass permiter defense sucked way worse. Like someone said earlier, I'm tired of watching this team lose the same way over and over.

On another note, The only thing worse than our half ass perimeter D was the fact that we were basically outnumbered by Auburn fans in our own arena. That is truly embarrassing.

It's completely embarrassing. if not for the students , we would've been outnumbered. This will be a long year. Attendance is only decent at uab when we are winning. Which we aren't! will be lucky to win 20 games this year.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - PensacolaBlazer - 12-03-2016 11:39 PM

Yes, the refs played a small part. But we shouldn't have to rely on good or bad referees to win a ballgame.

We played an immature second half of basketball. They played harder than us.

We don't shoot threes well because we can never generate decent looks. Offense gets stagnant way to quick.

Cokley deserves whatever criticism comes his way.

We're a better team with watts at PG.

We have not corrected any of the problems we saw on game 1. Not sure why, talent is not an issue.

Auburn fans dominated Bartow tonight which is disappointing. Lackluster support for the Blazers is still out there.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - BlazerGreen - 12-03-2016 11:40 PM

The Davis era wasn't great (or terrible) but you could count on some decent man to man being taught in practice from Davis and Gene Marsh. If we have a defensive personality or strategy right now, I can't discern it. It's supposed to be blocking shots but if that was really the case we should be sticking to shooters on the perimeter and funneling penetration to our shot-blockers. As others have pointed out, that ain't happening. When the ball is on one side, the off side defender is sinking all the way to the basket. When the other team quickly swings the ball or skips it they have a wide open shooter. Doesn't matter who it is for UAB they are late on the rotation. Likewise in transition, all five Blazers drop to protect the bucket while the opposition spots up outside with clear sights.

These are things that can be corrected but I haven't seen any signs of that yet. Again, we have plenty of talent to play good defense. Not sure we have the teacher in place. Some folks on here (not me) suggested pairing an older defensive minded coach with Ehsan, some one like Marsh. Looks like really wise advice.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - ICB - 12-03-2016 11:46 PM

Administration set it up to have a great Auburn showing. They wanted to make money off Auburn fans and they did. All complaints about the number of Auburn fans in attendance should be directed to the price setters. If you truly want Blazer fans to show up to see UAB, then don't set the price sky high for certain opponents.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - blazerfrombirth - 12-03-2016 11:54 PM

(12-03-2016 11:46 PM)ICB Wrote:  Administration set it up to have a great Auburn showing. They wanted to make money off Auburn fans and they did. All complaints about the number of Auburn fans in attendance should be directed to the price setters. If you truly want Blazer fans to show up to see UAB, then don't set the price sky high for certain opponents.

Yes.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - BlazerGreen - 12-03-2016 11:56 PM

(12-03-2016 11:35 PM)4thDownBlazer Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 11:29 PM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  The refs sucked in that game but out half ass permiter defense sucked way worse. Like someone said earlier, I'm tired of watching this team lose the same way over and over.

It's completely embarrassing. if not for the students , we would've been outnumbered. This will be a long year. Attendance is only decent at uab when we are winning. Which we aren't! will be lucky to win 20 games this year.

Attendance will only be better than decent when we return to being a regular NCAA tournament team. No marketing campaigns or regular season CUSA-Belt championships will do it.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - BlazintheATL - 12-03-2016 11:56 PM

Cokley acted like a straight up punk on the court tonight. I understand he was frustrated but he was running his mouth long before he got the T. If I saw it from the upper level, I know the coaches down on the floor saw it and one of them should have sat him down and crawled his ass. I love Cokely but his immaturity cost his team tonight.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - uabfanman - 12-04-2016 12:03 AM

Pretty disappointing performance, but I'm not surprised by the result. Our backcourt is just not very good right now. We have some good players, but it's not working as a unit. We need more Darling, less Baxter, for Watts to lose about 30 lbs and replace Lavender, for Dirk to be the go to guy, and for Javier to never, ever shoot 3s.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - BandGrad - 12-04-2016 12:03 AM

(12-03-2016 11:56 PM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  Cokley acted like a straight up punk on the court tonight. I understand he was frustrated but he was running his mouth long before he got the T. If I saw it from the upper level, I know the coaches down on the floor saw it and one of them should have sat him down and crawled his ass. I love Cokely but his immaturity cost his team tonight.

To be fair though, Cokely had gotten absolutely assaulted on the other end of the court on the series before his tech. He had barely bumped the Auburn player and he gets his fourth foul. He let the officiating get in his head and affect his game.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - BlazerPhil - 12-04-2016 12:03 AM

(12-03-2016 11:54 PM)blazerfrombirth Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 11:46 PM)ICB Wrote:  Administration set it up to have a great Auburn showing. They wanted to make money off Auburn fans and they did. All complaints about the number of Auburn fans in attendance should be directed to the price setters. If you truly want Blazer fans to show up to see UAB, then don't set the price sky high for certain opponents.

Yes.

Season tickets are $239 per seat. That's 16 games at $15 a piece. If our fans are only going to come to 4-5 games a year, then I don't blame the Athletic Dept. one bit. If Bartow Arena is only going to have 6000 Blazers anyway, then set the price to make it a tough ticket.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - BlazintheATL - 12-04-2016 12:06 AM

Yeah I don't blame the administration. The tickets were the same price for Auburn fans as they were for UAB fans so I'm not really sure how that makes a difference.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - BlazintheATL - 12-04-2016 12:09 AM

(12-04-2016 12:03 AM)BandGrad Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 11:56 PM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  Cokley acted like a straight up punk on the court tonight. I understand he was frustrated but he was running his mouth long before he got the T. If I saw it from the upper level, I know the coaches down on the floor saw it and one of them should have sat him down and crawled his ass. I love Cokely but his immaturity cost his team tonight.

To be fair though, Cokely had gotten absolutely assaulted on the other end of the court on the series before his tech. He had barely bumped the Auburn player and he gets his fourth foul. He let the officiating get in his head and affect his game.

He had a right to be frustrated but he acted out on it in the wrong way. I almost feel like the coaches are more to blame than Coke himself. I could see in the first half he was frustrated and he started jawing with other players and the refs. One of the coaches should have reeled him in much sooner. I even made that comment on this thread before he got the tech.

RE: Auburn Game Thread - BlazerPhil - 12-04-2016 12:14 AM

(12-04-2016 12:09 AM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 12:03 AM)BandGrad Wrote:  

He had a right to be frustrated but he acted out on it in the wrong way. I almost feel like the coaches are more to blame than Coke himself. I could see in the first half he was frustrated and he started jawing with other players and the refs. One of the coaches should have reeled him in much sooner. I even made that comment on this thread before he got the tech.

We should get the coaches to read Blazertalk during the game. That'll fix our team. 05-stirthepot.