CSNbbs
Something to be thankful for - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Something to be thankful for (/thread-799281.html)

Pages: 1 2

Something to be thankful for - macgar32 - 11-19-2016 09:35 PM

Josh lost to Ohio on Friday...At least Tubby answers questions with basketball answers.

Quotes

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/111816aad.html

Heres are a few gems

On Ben Lammers getting tired:
“He played 38 minutes, I was going to ride with Ben, that’s the type of guy I am. I’m going to go with guys and if I feel someone is going then I’m just going to go with them and if he’s earned my trust on that then I’m going to let him play through mistakes. He’s just got to be tougher and when he’s tired he’s got to be able to make plays even though he’s tired.”

On the offensive efficiency in the second half:
“I thought we got stagnant, I thought our cuts became slower. I thought we had indecisiveness. We were looking too much to me to make a call every time down and I don’t like doing that. We’ve practiced just playing with flow, just playing and attacking and getting the ball moved. I think we got a little down in that situation and we’ve practiced late game situations but this was the first time when we were in a situation where it was under three, four, five minutes in that stretch where it’s a one possession game or we are up one, down one and I think there was some indecisiveness. But I think that’s going to be part of us watching film and getting better and continuing to improve so that next time when we are in that situation, we come out with a victory.”

RE: Something to be thankful for - UOFMGLENN - 11-19-2016 09:42 PM

Winning is hard

RE: Something to be thankful for - TubbyTime - 11-19-2016 09:49 PM

Yes this Thanksgiving I am so thankful that josh is no longer here. He did major damage to our great program. Going to the games are such a relief not having to watch ridiculousness on the sidelines. I'm beyond thankful!!! He will be very fortunate to coach three years there. But that's their problem not ours anymore. So yes, I'm very thankful.

RE: Something to be thankful for - ddramone - 11-19-2016 09:54 PM

We owe a debt of gratitude to GTECH. I cannot imagine how Josh can do well at GTECH.

RE: Something to be thankful for - tiger2000 - 11-19-2016 09:56 PM

We are thankful for Georgia tech.

RE: Something to be thankful for - 450bench - 11-19-2016 10:20 PM

Santa gave us an early gift in April of 2016

RE: Something to be thankful for - AlonsoWDC - 11-19-2016 11:04 PM

I thank the God I don't believe in each and every day for Georgia Tech.

We should give them a football buy-game with no return game.

RE: Something to be thankful for - snowtiger - 11-19-2016 11:10 PM

(11-19-2016 11:04 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  I thank the God I don't believe in each and every day for Georgia Tech.

We should give them a football buy-game with no return game.

lol

RE: Something to be thankful for - ncrdbl1 - 11-19-2016 11:42 PM

You're only showing your ignorance but looking at names on jersey.

RE: Something to be thankful for - snowtiger - 11-19-2016 11:54 PM

[Image: hypno%20tiger_zpsm22dokxp.gif]

RE: Something to be thankful for - Crazier - 11-20-2016 02:46 AM

Reading the Georgia Tech forums and they reminded me of us. Making a whole bunch of excuse on why they lost. They blamed the refs, players, and a series of misunfortunate events. I guess Joshie is so charming that people don't realize he can't coach. Even took me a few years to recognize that.

RE: Something to be thankful for - tigerpride96 - 11-20-2016 04:34 AM

(11-19-2016 09:35 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  Josh lost to Ohio on Friday...At least Tubby answers questions with basketball answers.

Quotes

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/111816aad.html

Heres are a few gems

On Ben Lammers getting tired:
“He played 38 minutes, I was going to ride with Ben, that’s the type of guy I am. I’m going to go with guys and if I feel someone is going then I’m just going to go with them and if he’s earned my trust on that then I’m going to let him play through mistakes. He’s just got to be tougher and when he’s tired he’s got to be able to make plays even though he’s tired.”

On the offensive efficiency in the second half:
“I thought we got stagnant, I thought our cuts became slower. I thought we had indecisiveness. We were looking too much to me to make a call every time down and I don’t like doing that. We’ve practiced just playing with flow, just playing and attacking and getting the ball moved. I think we got a little down in that situation and we’ve practiced late game situations but this was the first time when we were in a situation where it was under three, four, five minutes in that stretch where it’s a one possession game or we are up one, down one and I think there was some indecisiveness. But I think that’s going to be part of us watching film and getting better and continuing to improve so that next time when we are in that situation, we come out with a victory.”

Are people over there buying that shtick? I swear, i've never seen someone who has been so close to basketball at every level for so long and just doesn't have a single, solitary clue as to what he's doing.

RE: Something to be thankful for - macgar32 - 11-20-2016 07:28 AM

(11-19-2016 11:42 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  You're only showing your ignorance but looking at names on jersey.

For me it more about him throwing his players under the bus with the quotes than the loss.

RE: Something to be thankful for - holyterror - 11-20-2016 08:05 AM

What jumped out at me was his saying that he plays guys "by feel".

Still.

RE: Something to be thankful for - Latilleon - 11-20-2016 08:26 AM

He deserves a "who's that?" more than Austin Nichols.

RE: Something to be thankful for - Brother Bluto - 11-20-2016 10:36 AM

Waiting for Penny Lane to comment

RE: Something to be thankful for - 450bench - 11-20-2016 10:50 AM

(11-20-2016 10:36 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Waiting for Penny Lane to comment

In the words of the late Jeff W., he'd be "arguing just to be arguing"

RE: Something to be thankful for - Bsquared-2 - 11-20-2016 12:45 PM

Wow doesn't want to call plays when the offense gets stagnant.

RE: Something to be thankful for - snowtiger - 11-20-2016 01:42 PM

(11-20-2016 02:46 AM)Crazier Wrote:  Reading the Georgia Tech forums and they reminded me of us. Making a whole bunch of excuse on why they lost. They blamed the refs, players, and a series of misunfortunate events. I guess Joshie is so charming that people don't realize he can't coach. Even took me a few years to recognize that.

Kinda the same here.

But my friend ( non empathetic creature lol) joined the GT swarm. He is laughing and giving me updates on their 'Condition'.

At least they aren't used to recent success in BB.

Come to think of it, Josh will prolly remind them of that soon enough.

RE: Something to be thankful for - snowtiger - 11-20-2016 01:44 PM

(11-20-2016 12:45 PM)Bsquared-2 Wrote:  Wow doesn't want to call plays when the offense gets stagnant.

Well at least it's consistent with calling time-out when the offense gets rolling. lol