CSNbbs
Rod has not lost this team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Rod has not lost this team (/thread-798859.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rod has not lost this team - NIUAlum90 - 11-17-2016 07:38 AM

When I saw the jubilation from the team when they came back from 21-0 deficit at the half and win this game in OT, rod has not lost them. If they could do all that after losing QB, Folliard, Lurry, etc.,then he has not lost this team.

I don't know what this means for the future, but thy are still playing hard for them.

8 plays away from 8-2.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - JB04 - 11-17-2016 07:41 AM

If you are right....you still cannot deny that something is not clicking.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - Rabid Squirrel - 11-17-2016 08:06 AM

I think the team's excitement is almost a separate entity from Carey's. he hasn't so much as completely lost the team, but they know he's standing in their way of being better. They can see Graham can't play, that huff is better than JB. That the play calling at time is ridiculous. Rod is happy they won. The team is happy they won in spite of rod. That's two victories for the team.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - HuskiesCHI27 - 11-17-2016 09:29 AM

lol this guy

RE: Rod has not lost this team - RitzHuskie - 11-17-2016 09:37 AM

My guess is the win last night saved his job and he will return next year.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - Stay Cool - 11-17-2016 09:48 AM

(11-17-2016 08:06 AM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  I think the team's excitement is almost a separate entity from Carey's. he hasn't so much as completely lost the team, but they know he's standing in their way of being better. They can see Graham can't play, that huff is better than JB. That the play calling at time is ridiculous. Rod is happy they won. The team is happy they won in spite of rod. That's two victories for the team.

(11-17-2016 09:29 AM)HuskiesCHI27 Wrote:  lol this guy
Agree with these two gentlemen

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RE: Rod has not lost this team - randy6956 - 11-17-2016 09:58 AM

OMG

You have no idea about the locker room. Many of if not most of these kids hate Rod and want him gone . They have from the moment he called his linebackers mom a raging alcoholic. Get a clue people !!

I talk regularly to about 15 of the current players and they all say the same thing get rid of Coach and we will be fine !!

RE: Rod has not lost this team - GCD70 - 11-17-2016 11:43 AM

(11-17-2016 07:38 AM)NIUAlum90 Wrote:  When I saw the jubilation from the team when they came back from 21-0 deficit at the half and win this game in OT, rod has not lost them. If they could do all that after losing QB, Folliard, Lurry, etc.,then he has not lost this team.

I don't know what this means for the future, but thy are still playing hard for them.

8 plays away from 8-2.

it was 2 different teams last night and the second half team played without 4 starters and in the second half was probably the best display of the hard way this year. In the first half EMU was knocking us on our ass. But the Huff run just seemed ti rekindle an old flame. We have work to do for next season, but was the 2nd half maybe a turning point??? No doubt Carey and the staff have to do an inner search and bring the family back together. I never thought that we lost this year due to bad players. Childers has to be the real deal and also the scott kid coming in

RE: Rod has not lost this team - 7 - 11-17-2016 11:50 AM

NIU's won 4 game this year. 3 of them are because of a QB the coaches moved to WR and the 4th was because of a RB the coaching staff refuses to play.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - MiamiHuskie - 11-17-2016 12:43 PM

(11-17-2016 11:43 AM)GCD70 Wrote:  
(11-17-2016 07:38 AM)NIUAlum90 Wrote:  When I saw the jubilation from the team when they came back from 21-0 deficit at the half and win this game in OT, rod has not lost them. If they could do all that after losing QB, Folliard, Lurry, etc.,then he has not lost this team.

8 plays away from 8-2.

it was 2 different teams last night and the second half team played without 4 starters and in the second half was probably the best display of the hard way this year. In the first half EMU was knocking us on our ass. But the Huff run just seemed ti rekindle an old flame. We have work to do for next season, but was the 2nd half maybe a turning point??? No doubt Carey and the staff have to do an inner search and bring the family back together. I never thought that we lost this year due to bad players. Childers has to be the real deal and also the scott kid coming in

Huff was outstanding. I some "Garrett Wolfe" in those runs last night.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - NIU05 - 11-17-2016 01:16 PM

WTF? Some guys don't like their boss/coach. Parcells used to say about 1/3 can't stand you and about 1/3 are with you. I would be absolutely shocked if 20- 25 players did not like Carey, that is normal.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - Rabid Squirrel - 11-17-2016 01:20 PM

(11-17-2016 01:16 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  WTF? Some guys don't like their boss/coach. Parcells used to say about 1/3 can't stand you and about 1/3 are with you. I would be absolutely shocked if 20- 25 players did not like Carey, that is normal.

I think that's two separate issues. Not liking Carey and not respecting or believing in him. Not respecting your coach has a different result than not liking him. Not respecting AND not liking him is a disaster.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - bikechuck - 11-17-2016 01:21 PM

(11-17-2016 09:37 AM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  My guess is the win last night saved his job and he will return next year.

I doubt if the win will save his job, the lack of money for a buy out might. I doubt that the program will be successful under his leadership or lack thereof. NIU needs to part ways with coach Carey as soon as they can afford to do so.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - DiehardHuskie - 11-17-2016 02:09 PM

(11-17-2016 09:37 AM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  My guess is the win last night saved his job and he will return next year.

He sure was celebrating like it did. LOL

RE: Rod has not lost this team - MiamiHuskie - 11-17-2016 02:22 PM

Ironic that HUff, who has seen limited playing time because of Carey, might well have saved Carey's job.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - HuskiePride12 - 11-17-2016 02:32 PM

(11-17-2016 02:09 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  

Yea it was by far the most excited I've ever seen Rod. Reminded me of Jay Cutler when they beat the Vikings a couple of weeks ago. Just for show.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - thxjoenovak - 11-17-2016 02:42 PM

(11-17-2016 02:22 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  Ironic that HUff, who has seen limited playing time because of Carey, might well have saved Carey's job.

Said the same last night.......

You can't make this stuff up.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - GCD70 - 11-17-2016 02:59 PM

(11-17-2016 02:32 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  
(11-17-2016 02:09 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  

Yea it was by far the most excited I've ever seen Rod. Reminded me of Jay Cutler when they beat the Vikings a couple of weeks ago. Just for show.

Don't think it was for show, he was feeling the heat as is the staff. The way the game started I truly thought there was going to be a blowout. That would have really turned the heat up. Blowouts really get you fired fast, look at Marc Trestman. Two 50 point blowouts back to back and see ya. Its no fun for us to lose, you can imagine what its like on a staff and players.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - NIU1981 - 11-17-2016 03:07 PM

(11-17-2016 02:22 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  Ironic that HUff, who has seen limited playing time because of Carey, might well have saved Carey's job.

Huff is an awesome pure runner, as good as we've ever had and that's saying something. But he also doesn't carry out his fakes and doesn't block. Last night he completely whiffed on his block on the play when Graham got knocked out of the game. That's the second year in a row Huff has gotten Graham killed. I'm sure that stuff bugs the coaches.

RE: Rod has not lost this team - armour248 - 11-17-2016 03:23 PM

Being excited and happy that you came back from a 21-0 halftime deficit probably gives very little indication of how you feel about your coach. Were they supposed to mope off the field after that awesome comeback because they don't like Rod?