CSNbbs
EMU Football Thriving - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: EMU Football Thriving (/thread-798791.html)

EMU Football Thriving - Luckeyone - 11-16-2016 03:32 PM

Hope this article doesn't jinx our work in progress.....

http://www.wxyz.com/sports/emu-football-thriving-as-it-gets-bowl-eligible

RE: EMU Football Thriving - emu79 - 11-16-2016 03:47 PM

Progress for sure this season needs to be reflected in recruiting we ate currently ranked at the bottom or near the bottom in the mac and nationally

RE: EMU Football Thriving - EagleTough - 11-16-2016 05:17 PM

(11-16-2016 03:47 PM)emu79 Wrote:  Progress for sure this season needs to be reflected in recruiting we ate currently ranked at the bottom or near the bottom in the mac and nationally

Yeah, where is that recruiting bump everyone expected to happen? Need 6-8 more Grissom's to even get to the middle of the MAC pack. Bogan, Jean, Boyd all seem to have upside......but we are still at the bottom of the conference recruiting wise.

Looks like another late, heavy Juco push after the season.

RE: EMU Football Thriving - emu steve - 11-16-2016 05:47 PM

(11-16-2016 05:17 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(11-16-2016 03:47 PM)emu79 Wrote:  Progress for sure this season needs to be reflected in recruiting we ate currently ranked at the bottom or near the bottom in the mac and nationally

Yeah, where is that recruiting bump everyone expected to happen? Need 6-8 more Grissom's to even get to the middle of the MAC pack. Bogan, Jean, Boyd all seem to have upside......but we are still at the bottom of the conference recruiting wise.

Looks like another late, heavy Juco push after the season.

Recruiting is a process. Process implies that there is or could be a long time frame in which this process takes place.

One could say the process begins while players are in the 11th or 10th grades and many commit before the start of their senior year.

What I'm getting at is before EMU became kind of a Cinderella team most of the better MAC prospect were already committed elsewhere. These could have happened during Summer.

As E'Tough suggests we could do well with JUCOs as they are recruited late, not early, so our successful season could be helpful.

Otherwise, as far as high school players "wait till next year" to see the improved recruiting.

RE: EMU Football Thriving - TheWoodenNickle - 11-16-2016 05:55 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about recruiting right now. The heart of the recruiting season is in January. That and summer camps. It's inevitable that there will be some coaching shake-ups with other schools starting soon. A lot of committed recruits may be hitting the reset button on their future.

RE: EMU Football Thriving - emu steve - 11-16-2016 06:06 PM

I think we'll hit pay direct with JUCOs.

JUCO recruiting is tailor made for teams making a late push who may have been shutout in h.s. recruiting. Since recruiting JUCOs doesn't go on for years, much of it is done in season. (I believe an asst coach will take an off week, if we had one, and go JUCO scouting.).

RE: EMU Football Thriving - KPJ - 11-17-2016 08:50 AM

(11-16-2016 03:32 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Hope this article doesn't jinx our work in progress.....

http://www.wxyz.com/sports/emu-football-thriving-as-it-gets-bowl-eligible

You did jinx us. Thanks.

I'm kidding.