CSNbbs
CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling (/thread-798514.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - pjfleck82 - 11-14-2016 06:45 PM

Latest projections have NIU as one of the five, 5-7 teams to make a bowl. They have them against Texas in the Cactus Bowl. If that ends up being the case it might be worse than last year. I'd almost rather root for EMU on Wednesday to ensure a 7tj loss

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - PrideinthePack2 - 11-14-2016 06:47 PM

Foreman would run for 350 against NIU.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - bikechuck - 11-14-2016 07:12 PM

I hope we do not play in a Bowl game this year. We would be blown out by virtually any opponent.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - SiegInc - 11-14-2016 07:14 PM

*Sigh* if it happens, I'll dutifully watch the inevitable blowout loss. Definitely won't be disappointed if they don't make it, though.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - pjfleck82 - 11-14-2016 07:47 PM

(11-14-2016 06:45 PM)pjfleck82 Wrote:  Latest projections have NIU as one of the five, 5-7 teams to make a bowl. They have them against Texas in the Cactus Bowl. If that ends up being the case it might be worse than last year. I'd almost rather root for EMU on Wednesday to ensure a 7tj loss

Meant to say 8th loss....

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - epasnoopy - 11-14-2016 08:16 PM

The exact amount of games NIU has won when Ryan Graham has started this season is zero, true or false?

Not sure why anyone would think we will win the last two games.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - BDB5yp - 11-14-2016 08:17 PM

(11-14-2016 07:47 PM)pjfleck82 Wrote:  
(11-14-2016 06:45 PM)pjfleck82 Wrote:  Latest projections have NIU as one of the five, 5-7 teams to make a bowl. They have them against Texas in the Cactus Bowl. If that ends up being the case it might be worse than last year. I'd almost rather root for EMU on Wednesday to ensure a 7tj loss

So country still respects NIU Football? If we win out and somehow still get in at 5-7 the only thing it helps out is our NFL prospects.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - Skinut - 11-14-2016 08:28 PM

What I like is that the CBS Sports projection has WMU getting a total bowl snub. No access bowl, no bowl game at all.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - HuskieJoe - 11-14-2016 09:25 PM

(11-14-2016 08:28 PM)CSkinut Wrote:  What I like is that the CBS Sports projection has WMU getting a total bowl snub. No access bowl, no bowl game at all.

They have WMU in the Dollar General Bowl in Mobile.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - Skinut - 11-14-2016 09:39 PM

Thanks. Missed it.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - badmoonrising13 - 11-14-2016 09:44 PM

Maybe Maddie will be ready for a bowl game? If not maybe Graham will be hurt by then and we can see Santa and Childers ...

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - pjfleck82 - 11-14-2016 11:31 PM

What happened to the QB that started last year's bowl...Tommy Feilder or something like that...I think he went to Lyons Township.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - HuskieRak - 11-14-2016 11:51 PM

(11-14-2016 08:17 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  

So country still respects NIU Football? If we win out and somehow still get in at 5-7 the only thing it helps out is our NFL prospects.

Not really respect. Just based on APR if not enough 6-win teams are around

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - MaddDawgz02 - 11-15-2016 12:01 AM

I think given circumstances NIU would decline any 5-7 bowl invite

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - Dtownboys - 11-15-2016 12:31 AM

It helps out young players immensely. Those extra practices are very valuable.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - MaddDawgz02 - 11-15-2016 12:36 AM

(11-15-2016 12:31 AM)Dtownboys Wrote:  

If a miracle happened and NIU won it's last two and was invited to a bowl game, it would be the one time I'd agree with northern star in that no money or support should go to football. Many of the players are not invested, the coaches have checked out and/or are incompetent, and fans don't care about the season. There is no way one could justify losing a cent on a bowl game this year. Players will want to go home for the holidays (heck they didn't want to play in last years bowl either). And Carey will not want an opportunity for another bowl loss. There is no positive that could come out of an undeserving post season appearance

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - Dtownboys - 11-15-2016 12:46 AM

(11-15-2016 12:36 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

If a miracle happened and NIU won it's last two and was invited to a bowl game, it would be the one time I'd agree with northern star in that no money or support should go to football. Many of the players are not invested, the coaches have checked out and/or are incompetent, and fans don't care about the season. There is no way one could justify losing a cent on a bowl game this year. Players will want to go home for the holidays (heck they didn't want to play in last years bowl either). And Carey will not want an opportunity for another bowl loss. There is no positive that could come out of an undeserving post season appearance

That's your opinion. Finances and coaches are different arguments. You could argue it doesn't make financial sense to play in a bowl but there is a benefit. Giving the young players a bowl opportunity and extra practices is an obvious benefit. Players will have 15 more practices before a bowl and it can jump start next season.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - MaddDawgz02 - 11-15-2016 01:29 AM

(11-15-2016 12:46 AM)Dtownboys Wrote:  
(11-14-2016 07:47 PM)pjfleck82 Wrote:  Meant to say 8th loss....

That's your opinion. Finances and coaches are different arguments. You could argue it doesn't make financial sense to play in a bowl but there is a benefit. Giving the young players a bowl opportunity and extra practices is an obvious benefit. Players will have 15 more practices before a bowl and it can jump start next season.

Whatever this season is, you don't want 15 more practices of it, I don't see how anyone could.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - badmoonrising13 - 11-15-2016 09:01 AM

The point is moot. We are not beating Eastern Michigan or Kent State without Maddie. We have a chance against EMU but I think we will get stomped by KSU.

RE: CBS Sports projects NIU bowling - randyfensfanclub1 - 11-15-2016 10:45 AM

(11-15-2016 01:29 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-15-2016 12:46 AM)Dtownboys Wrote:  
(11-14-2016 08:17 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  So country still respects NIU Football? If we win out and somehow still get in at 5-7 the only thing it helps out is our NFL prospects.

Whatever this season is, you don't want 15 more practices of it, I don't see how anyone could.

I didn't think I would ever be against accepting a bowl and more practice, but I agree. Just more opportunity to see Graham is not good in practice and game will be ugly.More practice for seniors like JB who will get the majority of handoffs in a game.More plays for KG and practice, which he doesn't need as this coaching staff and a bowl game have nothing to offer him on the field before the combine. If it was a winnable opponent, a team with young players that needed it and actually a coach dedicated to playing them, I could see it. It would be an embarrassment and everyone knows it. And it starts at qb.

No one will improve with reps in 15 practices or game experience with this qb that can't be accomplished more so in next 2 games vs. much lesser opponents. Practice, play hard and move on to next year and whatever it holds.

And as stated, point is likely mute. They still have to win 2 games.