CSNbbs
Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS (/thread-797884.html)

Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - UofToledoFans - 11-10-2016 05:07 PM

I loved this game. The environment was terrific! Way better than 6k at Huskie stadium. It showcased the MAC and gave people a reason to watch. The anouncers sucked (i heard)... But still. Being in attendance was fun!!! The NIU folk we tailgated around were very nice. It made me want to return the favor for a game at fifth third field downtown Toledo (sadly it's too small).

Idk what the reported attendance was, or what it looked like on TV... But the place is so big I assume it looked empty. It was not! The suites were damn near full on the NIU side! it was a bit scattered... Not sure why they even sold upper bowl or left field tix?? But a better place to watch a game than ANY other MAC game I have been on the road for.

If you have instagram... Look at the hashtag #chitownshowdown ... The photo I posted shows how great the crowd really was compared to anything that would have been seen at H.S.

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - Stay Cool - 11-10-2016 05:35 PM

Our AD made the statement he will make a push to make this an annual thing

Sure you don't want us as rivals Toledo? Would make a fantastic site for a nationally televised rivalry game late in the season =)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - Love and Honor - 11-10-2016 05:36 PM

I feared that with NIU's season going the way it has that it might've turned out to be a flop, good to hear that it wasn't. I'm sure that with so many of your alumni nearby you got a decent number of fans who would never go to Dekalb on a weeknight but could make the game last night instead.

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - H2Oville Rocket - 11-10-2016 05:58 PM

(11-10-2016 05:35 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  Our AD made the statement he will make a push to make this an annual thing

Sure you don't want us as rivals Toledo? Would make a fantastic site for a nationally televised rivalry game late in the season =)

We'd love to have you as rivals but you're just not. We feel terrible but there's nothing we can do. It's BG. Sorry.

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - pono - 11-11-2016 03:04 AM

Toledo has more than a few alums and local transplants in Chicago. Plus, the road trip to the South side is 4 hours drive in good weather. Dekalb west of the city and through all the traffic chokepoints in 6 hours plus at best. You can leave Toledo after early classes or take a half day at work, be on the road at 1 and with the time change and going into the city as rush hour traffic goes out be at the Stadium around 4 pm to tailgate and watch the game. Of course, having the game on a SATURDAY would make everything even easier.

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - MidnightBlueGold - 11-11-2016 07:39 AM

Crowd of only 10,100? Seats looking practically empty? Not sure if I would call that a success.

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - inductchuck16 - 11-11-2016 09:25 AM

(11-11-2016 07:39 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  Crowd of only 10,100? Seats looking practically empty? Not sure if I would call that a success.

ESPN should have shot the game from the other side to showcase the NIU side, which was relatively full. Even then, the crowd was horrible, but it would have looked much better on TV.

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - CincyKid3 - 11-11-2016 06:56 PM

I'm not one to bash attendance, but it looked really bad on TV...I kept wondering why the heck they were playing there.

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - Stay Cool - 11-11-2016 07:20 PM

(11-11-2016 06:56 PM)CincyKid3 Wrote:  I'm not one to bash attendance, but it looked really bad on TV...I kept wondering why the heck they were playing there.
Bash away, we deserve the ridicule this year

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - epasnoopy - 11-11-2016 11:23 PM

We suck this year. I'm surprised as many showed up for a bad team on a weekday. When I saw we were playing Ryan Graham (our 2nd string QB who sucked so bad he was demoted) I knew we weren't winning the game. They gave him a very basic gameplan for passing and he kept under throwing our receivers.

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - H2Oville Rocket - 11-11-2016 11:26 PM

(11-11-2016 11:23 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  We suck this year. I'm surprised as many showed up for a bad team on a weekday. When I saw we were playing Ryan Graham (our 2nd string QB who sucked so bad he was demoted) I knew we weren't winning the game. They gave him a very basic gameplan for passing and he kept under throwing our receivers.

Under? He put about six or eight in the cheap seats.

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - NIU007 - 11-12-2016 09:57 AM

(11-11-2016 11:26 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 11:23 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  We suck this year. I'm surprised as many showed up for a bad team on a weekday. When I saw we were playing Ryan Graham (our 2nd string QB who sucked so bad he was demoted) I knew we weren't winning the game. They gave him a very basic gameplan for passing and he kept under throwing our receivers.

He's equally adept at over-throwing receivers.

RE: Chi-town showdown SUCCESS - epasnoopy - 11-12-2016 11:41 AM

(11-11-2016 11:26 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Yes, he overthrew some too. But many of his passes were thrown at the receivers knees and below and the interception to end the game he completely underthrew the ball and the Toledo defender had an easy pick.