CSNbbs
Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night (/thread-796620.html)

Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - emu steve - 11-01-2016 04:30 AM

At the Convo (surprise. Lol).

MBB and WBB will hold scrimmages, etc.

Normally this event would be more fascinating as it would be the 'first look' at the newcomers, but they made their 'debuts' in the Bahamas.

I don't believe the 2016/17 sitout transfers can participate.

Have fun!!

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - FrankAnderson - 11-01-2016 08:46 AM

Little surprised (maybe disappointed) they moved this away from the REC. I'm sure this is much easier logistically, but being right next to the dorms really helped turnout for this event. Rock the REC always had the gym packed to the rafters. Great opportunity for student who hadn't been to a game before to see how high a level MAC basketball is at.

We'll see what student turnout looks like tonight.

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - TheWoodenNickle - 11-01-2016 09:34 AM

(11-01-2016 08:46 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Little surprised (maybe disappointed) they moved this away from the REC. I'm sure this is much easier logistically, but being right next to the dorms really helped turnout for this event. Rock the REC always had the gym packed to the rafters. Great opportunity for student who hadn't been to a game before to see how high a level MAC basketball is at.

We'll see what student turnout looks like tonight.
Whatever they did to promote student attendance at the MAC tourny game needs to happen again.

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - emu steve - 11-01-2016 04:08 PM

Will be streamed. :)

http://www.emueagles.com/watch/?Live=725

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - FrankAnderson - 11-01-2016 05:39 PM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Steve.

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - KPJ - 11-01-2016 09:23 PM

Solid crowd tonight! Probably wouldn't have been enough room in the Rec for the event.

Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - vannzee - 11-02-2016 03:29 AM

I thought the event was somewhat poor. The men's scrimmage featured zero defense and was more like a NBA all star game than a practice. You could have went over to the courts near the student center and seem more real basketball than that, imo.

Also, the dunk competition was a comedy of errors. A lot of misses.

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - emu steve - 11-02-2016 05:25 AM

These events are all show. Not a basketball game or practice or much of anything else but fun.

Highlights (according to what I saw in clips):

1). Lee hit one from mid-court. I think he's ready for a big, big senior year.

2). Minnie is the real deal. I would not want to defense the EMU 2017/18 front line.

Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - vannzee - 11-02-2016 10:41 AM

(11-02-2016 05:25 AM)emu steve Wrote:  These events are all show. Not a basketball game or practice or much of anything else but fun.

2). Minnie is the real deal. I would not want to defense the EMU 2017/18 front line.

Yeah, I agree but I've been to MSU's and Michigan's open practices and they were legit practices or scrimmages.

Still a decent enough time but would have liked to have seen more college style basketball and less Rucker Park style.

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - KPJ - 11-02-2016 11:24 AM

(11-02-2016 10:41 AM)vannzee Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 05:25 AM)emu steve Wrote:  These events are all show. Not a basketball game or practice or much of anything else but fun.

Yeah, I agree but I've been to MSU's and Michigan's open practices and they were legit practices or scrimmages.

Still a decent enough time but would have liked to have seen more college style basketball and less Rucker Park style.

The season is right around the corner :)

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - emu steve - 11-02-2016 12:30 PM

(11-02-2016 11:24 AM)KPJ Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 10:41 AM)vannzee Wrote:  

The season is right around the corner :)

Yep, three days after the election.

Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - EAGLE KING - 11-02-2016 10:55 PM

Season Tickets purchased!

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - FrankAnderson - 11-03-2016 09:27 AM

Getting very excited for this season. Seeing the new redshirts/transfers in action has me optimistic. Looking forward to that Pitt game. Pitt got one vote in the AP poll, even though most projections have them finishing toward the bottom of the ACC.

If we're as good as we all believe, than we should make that a hell of a game next Friday.

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - FrankAnderson - 11-03-2016 09:30 AM

Also, I'm very thankful the 2K Classic site is in Indianapolis. I'll get a chance to watch us live two weeks from tomorrow! 03-cloud9

RE: Tonight is 'Crash the Convo' night - emu steve - 11-03-2016 09:54 AM

(11-03-2016 09:27 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Getting very excited for this season. Seeing the new redshirts/transfers in action has me optimistic. Looking forward to that Pitt game. Pitt got one vote in the AP poll, even though most projections have them finishing toward the bottom of the ACC.

If we're as good as we all believe, than we should make that a hell of a game next Friday.

Anyone have observations, in this free wheeling event, of the transfer sitouts?

I didn't realize at first that they would participate (this isn't an exhibition game. More like an open show-time practice).