CSNbbs
This Coog fan knows this music being played... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: This Coog fan knows this music being played... (/thread-795555.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

This Coog fan knows this music being played... - Coog Engineer - 10-22-2016 10:33 PM

Going on the third verse now...

I think it is pretty clear something has changed with this Cougar team. Either they are not "buying in" to CTH anymore because they suspect/know he is leaving, or, even if the players are still buying in, the coaching staff has mailed it in.

What I'm wondering though, is this some twisted, calculated psycological ploy to make it easy for him to leave? Reduce to team to playing awful football and get the fans to not care if he leaves?

Judging by how many fans have begun turning on him, it appears to be working.

Congrats to SMU, your team showed up to play tonight. I just wish we could have been better competition for you.

This Coog fan knows this music being played... - Puckhead48E - 10-22-2016 10:35 PM

It's hard to play with that size a target on your back. There are many things in many levels here, but don't underestimate UH being everyone's super bowl every weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - M1T4 - 10-22-2016 10:36 PM

Texas is paying him to tank.

This Coog fan knows this music being played... - Westhoff123 - 10-22-2016 10:37 PM

(10-22-2016 10:36 PM)M1T4 Wrote:  Texas is paying him to tank.

That i wouldn't doubt actually.

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - M1T4 - 10-22-2016 10:38 PM

(10-22-2016 10:37 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

It's to keep Houston down. They don't want you guys to elevate yourselves any further

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - shere khan - 10-22-2016 10:38 PM

Coog questioning the whole foundation of reality.

Nobody saw this coming. Lol

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - Insane_Baboon - 10-22-2016 10:43 PM

(10-22-2016 10:38 PM)M1T4 Wrote:  

It's to keep Houston down. They don't want you guys to elevate yourselves any further

Yeah, gotta keep that UT boogeyman strong.

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - M1T4 - 10-22-2016 10:47 PM

(10-22-2016 10:43 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 10:38 PM)M1T4 Wrote:  

Yeah, gotta keep that UT boogeyman strong.

Damn right

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - L-yes - 10-22-2016 11:03 PM

(10-22-2016 10:33 PM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  Going on the third verse now...

I think it is pretty clear something has changed with this Cougar team. Either they are not "buying in" to CTH anymore because they suspect/know he is leaving, or, even if the players are still buying in, the coaching staff has mailed it in.

What I'm wondering though, is this some twisted, calculated psycological ploy to make it easy for him to leave? Reduce to team to playing awful football and get the fans to not care if he leaves?

Congrats to SMU, your team showed up to play tonight. I just wish we could have been better competition for you.

After having been though our share of coaches moving on, watching you guys implode is making it clear why they typically lie to everyone instead of saying things like "no coach in the country knows where he'll be in five years." ala Herman.

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - Coog Engineer - 10-22-2016 11:21 PM

(10-22-2016 11:03 PM)L-yes Wrote:  

After having been though our share of coaches moving on, watching you guys implode is making it clear why they typically lie to everyone instead of saying things like "no coach in the country knows where he'll be in five years." ala Herman.

Ya, I'm no stranger to coaching changes either, but you don't have to blow off the season if you've already decided to leave. There was still a lot left to play for this season even after the Navy loss, but looks like nobody on the team is putting out the effort anymore. That's the part I don't get.

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - L-yes - 10-22-2016 11:24 PM

(10-22-2016 11:21 PM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  

Ya, I'm no stranger to coaching changes either, but you don't have to blow off the season if you've already decided to leave. There was still a lot left to play for this season even after the Navy loss, but looks like nobody on the team is putting out the effort anymore. That's the part I don't get.

I understand that, but you have to understand that kids committed to the coaching staff. When Herman made it clear he's not committed to them I think things changed.

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - gostangs - 10-23-2016 12:45 AM

(10-22-2016 11:24 PM)L-yes Wrote:  
(10-22-2016 11:21 PM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  

I understand that, but you have to understand that kids committed to the coaching staff. When Herman made it clear he's not committed to them I think things changed.

Or he is not all that great.

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - GeminiCoog - 10-23-2016 12:47 AM

I want to drink myself into oblivion, but all I got is some lousy Kroger-brand water.

This Coog fan knows this music being played... - Pony94 - 10-23-2016 12:48 AM

(10-23-2016 12:47 AM)GeminiShamrock Wrote:  I want to drink myself into oblivion, but all I got is some lousy Kroger-brand water.

Yikes we have booze delivery in Dallas

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - GeminiCoog - 10-23-2016 12:49 AM

(10-23-2016 12:48 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(10-23-2016 12:47 AM)GeminiShamrock Wrote:  I want to drink myself into oblivion, but all I got is some lousy Kroger-brand water.

03-lmfao Nah. I don't drink alcohol but once in a blue moon anymore.

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - billybobby777 - 10-23-2016 12:56 AM

(10-22-2016 10:35 PM)Puckhead48E Wrote:  It's hard to play with that size a target on your back. There are many things in many levels here, but don't underestimate UH being everyone's super bowl every weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Schools like Boise & TCU and Utah have never played with a big target on their back like Houston has had to do the past 6 games. No opponents of Boise in the WAC ever thought of their games as Super Bowls when they played them all those years. They fully expected to beat them. We little AAC schools always treat Houston games like its our Super Bowl. No other games matter and this can not be underestimated.
Cheers!

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - shere khan - 10-23-2016 12:56 AM

(10-23-2016 12:49 AM)GeminiShamrock Wrote:  
(10-23-2016 12:48 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  

03-lmfao Nah. I don't drink alcohol but once in a blue moon anymore.
I met my quota today

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - KnightNasty - 10-23-2016 05:32 AM

I put this on the players. They had themselves hyped up and were envisioning and looking towards the playoff. Then they ran into Navy which is just a unique team, and got tripped up.

Once that happened, and the playoff dream was shattered... the kids gave up and the wheels fell off.

The kids and program were looking too far ahead. And once those dreams were shattered it deflated them instead of focusing on winning the conference championship...

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - BRtransplant - 10-23-2016 05:44 AM

(10-23-2016 05:32 AM)KnightNasty Wrote:  I put this on the players. They had themselves hyped up and were envisioning and looking towards the playoff. Then they ran into Navy which is just a unique team, and got tripped up.

Once that happened, and the playoff dream was shattered... the kids gave up and the wheels fell off.

The kids and program were looking too far ahead. And once those dreams were shattered it deflated them instead of focusing on winning the conference championship...
The players on Houston's team did indeed look totally deflated against SMU. Perhaps with everything the players thought they were playing for being off the table now, the team has simply quit. We may be looking at one of the worst collapses of a team ever.

RE: This Coog fan knows this music being played... - KnightNasty - 10-23-2016 05:50 AM

(10-23-2016 05:44 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  
(10-23-2016 05:32 AM)KnightNasty Wrote:  I put this on the players. They had themselves hyped up and were envisioning and looking towards the playoff. Then they ran into Navy which is just a unique team, and got tripped up.

The players on Houston's team did indeed look totally deflated against SMU. Perhaps with everything the players thought they were playing for being off the table now, the team has simply quit. We may be looking at one of the worst collapses of a team ever.

So stupid. They still could have won a championship and a NY6 bowl game. Season wasn't over. But they clearly didn't find much value in that, all they cared about was the playoff (which they may have been left out of anyway even if undefeated).

Honestly, George O'Leary had his faults... but Houston could have used a little of his mentality. He always kept the focus on winning the conference, and nothing else. You do that, and everything else will take care of itself...