CSNbbs
We Northern Ohio Bearcats - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: We Northern Ohio Bearcats (/thread-795207.html)

We Northern Ohio Bearcats - Bcatbog - 10-19-2016 06:42 PM

I bleed Bearcat black and red first and foremost.

However, before I was a Bearcat I was a Cleveland Indian. My dad was a truck driver and my mom would take me to Indians games. We once had a promotion from a local grocery store and I collected register tapes to get Indians tickets.

In 2016 the Indians have lost their best hitter - the much beloved Michael Brantley. The Indians have lost two of their pitchers. The Indians pitched a raw rookie today and are off to the World Series.

My money is sadly wasted with my beloved Bearcats. Sadly wasted.

My heart is with a team that finds a way to win.

So sadly our Bearcats simply find away to lose. Tubberville is a loser. Francona is a winner - despite huge adversity. Tubberville is a loser.

RE: We Northern Ohio Bearcats - BearcatJerry - 10-19-2016 06:49 PM

I watched Brantley play his "A" ball with the West Virginia Power of the SALLIE... (They were a Brewers affiliate at the time...)

So very, very fast... Loved watching him play.

Pulling for the Tribe this year!

We Northern Ohio Bearcats - BigDawg - 10-19-2016 06:56 PM

Been a lifetime tribe fan as well. Probably road up from Canton 100 times to watch them play at municipal stadium. Only a few games at Jacobs field. Every day growing up was watching or listening to the tribe with my Dad, who I lost 12 years ago.

I root for reds too since they were Ohio team and then I moved here. But the Indians have always been my favorite. Was stoked for cavs, but this is the one I covet most.

Honestly can't believe what they have accomplished against the odds. Four more wins. Go tribe!

RE: We Northern Ohio Bearcats - CincyBro - 10-19-2016 06:59 PM

Congrats to the Indians: My picks to collectively throw out the 1st pitch---- Ricky Vaughn, Jake Taylor, Willie Mays Hays, Roger Dorn, Pedro Cerrano and, of coarse, Harry Doyle. I believe the actors are all still alive, wild thing music to accompany them.

RE: We Northern Ohio Bearcats - Billy_Bearcat - 10-19-2016 07:27 PM

The modern day Reds could learn a few things from the Indians organization. I'd argue over the last 25 years Cleveland has been the better organization.

RE: We Northern Ohio Bearcats - UCGrad1992 - 10-19-2016 07:45 PM

(10-19-2016 07:27 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  The modern day Reds could learn a few things from the Indians organization. I'd argue over the last 25 years Cleveland has been the better organization.

I would not disagree with this. Those John Hart (GM) years were something with the rebuild of their roster and a great farm system.

RE: We Northern Ohio Bearcats - jarr - 10-19-2016 08:01 PM

I have family in Cleveland so I am rooting for the Indians.

RE: We Northern Ohio Bearcats - bearcatmill - 10-19-2016 08:56 PM

I remember attending games in Municipal Stadium. 4 more. Bring another CH back to Believeland.

RE: We Northern Ohio Bearcats - digibrink - 10-19-2016 11:38 PM

As long as the Cubs lose I'm game.

RE: We Northern Ohio Bearcats - stxrunner - 10-20-2016 08:59 AM

(10-19-2016 06:42 PM)Bcatbog Wrote:  I bleed Bearcat black and red first and foremost.

However, before I was a Bearcat I was a Cleveland Indian. My dad was a truck driver and my mom would take me to Indians games. We once had a promotion from a local grocery store and I collected register tapes to get Indians tickets.

In 2016 the Indians have lost their best hitter - the much beloved Michael Brantley. The Indians have lost two of their pitchers. The Indians pitched a raw rookie today and are off to the World Series.

My money is sadly wasted with my beloved Bearcats. Sadly wasted.

My heart is with a team that finds a way to win.

So sadly our Bearcats simply find away to lose. Tubberville is a loser. Francona is a winner - despite huge adversity. Tubberville is a loser.

For sure. If there is one thing Cleveland is known for, it's finding a way to win.

Just beat the Cubs please.