CSNbbs
Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA (/thread-794678.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - goherd24herdfans - 10-15-2016 08:33 PM

Even if we find a way to beat FAU late. Charlotte is going to be a dogfight. :(

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - austinniner - 10-15-2016 08:42 PM

(10-15-2016 08:33 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  Even if we find a way to beat FAU late. Charlotte is going to be a dogfight. :(

Sorry, but we don't stand a chance against you guys. We will probably dominate you for 3 quarters but find a way to lose.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - UNT15 - 10-15-2016 09:07 PM

Think the answer to the category might be Rice

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - goherd24herdfans - 10-15-2016 09:34 PM

I subconciously suppressed recognizing Rice as a football member of cusa, but yeah, they are worst.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - JCMiner - 10-15-2016 09:38 PM

No I'm sure it's us.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - freshtop - 10-15-2016 09:38 PM

(10-15-2016 09:07 PM)UNT15 Wrote:  Think the answer to the category might be Rice

I think this season is what Rice fans needed. Baliff was the definition of mediocre. This season is bad enough to get rid of him and get them a fresh start.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - YOwl Ming - 10-15-2016 09:39 PM

(10-15-2016 09:07 PM)UNT15 Wrote:  Think the answer to the category might be Rice
Just like three years ago

Sent from my SM-G920V using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - wh49er - 10-15-2016 09:41 PM

Rice or UTEP might take the cake but we easily have worst coach.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - Orange County Owl - 10-15-2016 09:51 PM

(10-15-2016 09:38 PM)freshtop Wrote:  

I think this season is what Rice fans needed. Baliff was the definition of mediocre. This season is bad enough to get rid of him and get them a fresh start.

That's the hope, at least.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - goliath74 - 10-15-2016 10:03 PM

Clearly, marshall are not the worst team. You have got to be a better team than the one you beat tonight. Us.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - NTTHOR - 10-15-2016 10:09 PM

Marshall fans are a bit melodramatic

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - FlyHawk98 - 10-15-2016 10:16 PM

(10-15-2016 10:03 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  Clearly, marshall are not the worst team. You have got to be a better team than the one you beat tonight. Us.

You out played us all night long.

The pass your WR dropped is a pass he most likely catches 9/10 times.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - Tintin - 10-15-2016 10:35 PM

(10-15-2016 10:16 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  
(10-15-2016 10:03 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  Clearly, marshall are not the worst team. You have got to be a better team than the one you beat tonight. Us.

You out played us all night long.

The pass your WR dropped is a pass he most likely catches 9/10 times.

If this is the case, Charlotte should move up the power rankings, because we outplayed FIU tonight.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - MU ATO - 10-16-2016 07:45 AM

(10-15-2016 10:09 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  Marshall fans are a bit melodramatic

Always. We are either HOT or COLD. There is no warm.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - RedParallax - 10-16-2016 10:50 AM

This season has become surprisingly wide open, and not at all what most expected, I think. It's crazy hard to rank the programs in this conference right now, even from a 'tier' standpoint. My current take is listed below. Keep in mind this is simply comparing each program against the rest of CUSA. I think Marshall is well below 'average', but at least doing better by record than the "Atrocious" tear teams.

Have a good amount of positivity going for them:
Middle Tennessee - Seemed like they were going to be the cream of the crop for CUSA East until the 'best rivalry in CUSA' yesterday showed they had about 500 fans who gave a ****. Tough to tell a lot from rivalry games, and I didn't watch it, but losing to WKU is tough after taking down LaTech.
WKU - Still just as much in the hunt as anyone else, but (just like anyone else in this 'upper tier') they still haven't done enough to make me feel like they can convincingly win CUSA East. They're literally 4 points away from being a clear cut Best Team in CUSA, IMO.
Southern Miss - Had Southern Miss beaten UTSA, they'd be the clear team for CUSA West, but the UTSA loss is just bizarre. UTSA has had some good moments this season and seem to be on the upswing with that new HC, but it's a big speed bump on Southern Miss' record right now.
LaTech - Probably the strongest season so far from a CUSA program, I guess? 4 points away from being a clear favorite for CUSA, the loss to Middle Tennessee is hurting them. Their other losses are understandable and nothing to worry LaTech fans much, IMO. The 1 point loss to Arkansas to open up the season had to have been deflating to a degree, though.
FIU - I really don't want to put FIU here because of their first 4 games, but being undefeated in CUSA (all after the HC change) is pretty damn positive, for sure. Next week's game vs LaTech will show if this upswing is legit or just a bounce up to average.
ODU - Another program I'm not real confident of being in this upper tier, but, again, being undefeated in CUSA play is very solid so far. The UTSA win is looking better and better, and next week @ WKU will be the telling tale for if ODU is for real or not.

Average:
Marshall - Absolutely a bad W against FAU. No complaints about getting the win, because the 4th quarter performance was decent, but the offensive play calling, penalties, offensive line, and pass defense are all really, really bad.
UTSA - I cam so close to putting UTSA in that upper tier, but the loss to ODU really stands out for them. Picking up wins against UTEP and North Texas will be big going into the game @ Middle Tennessee. They need to win the next 3 to be serious about division title contention.
North Texas - Pretty solid bounce-back season for the Mean Green here considering how bad they were last year. I don't think they'll contend for CUSA West because they have a brutal remaining schedule (@ Army, @ UTSA, vs LaTech, @ WKU, vs Southern Miss, and @ UTEP), but if they can get 2 wins between Army, UTSA, LaTech, WKU, and Southern MIss, they could be making a big buzz in CUSA in 2017.

Atrocious:
Rice - Haven't watched a single game, but 0-6 kinda says it all.
UTEP - Some, including myself, thought this was the year UTEP could've contended for CUSA West. So much for that.
FAU - Was not confident about Marshall's ability to beat anyone else on the schedule and yesterday's game was filled with bad play from both programs. You could've swapped Marshall for FAU in my 'tiers' here if FAU had won yesterday. They're both pretty equally bad.
Charlotte - Hard to give Charlotte too much hell in their 2nd FBS season ever. They did get their first ever CUSA win this season, so that's a plus for the program. Baby steps, 49ers!

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - AdoptedMonarch - 10-16-2016 11:18 AM

(10-16-2016 10:50 AM)RedParallax Wrote:  This season has become surprisingly wide open, and not at all what most expected, I think. It's crazy hard to rank the programs in this conference right now, even from a 'tier' standpoint. My current take is listed below. Keep in mind this is simply comparing each program against the rest of CUSA. I think Marshall is well below 'average', but at least doing better by record than the "Atrocious" tear teams.

Have a good amount of positivity going for them:
Middle Tennessee - Seemed like they were going to be the cream of the crop for CUSA East until the 'best rivalry in CUSA' yesterday showed they had about 500 fans who gave a ****. Tough to tell a lot from rivalry games, and I didn't watch it, but losing to WKU is tough after taking down LaTech.
WKU - Still just as much in the hunt as anyone else, but (just like anyone else in this 'upper tier') they still haven't done enough to make me feel like they can convincingly win CUSA East. They're literally 4 points away from being a clear cut Best Team in CUSA, IMO.
Southern Miss - Had Southern Miss beaten UTSA, they'd be the clear team for CUSA West, but the UTSA loss is just bizarre. UTSA has had some good moments this season and seem to be on the upswing with that new HC, but it's a big speed bump on Southern Miss' record right now.
LaTech - Probably the strongest season so far from a CUSA program, I guess? 4 points away from being a clear favorite for CUSA, the loss to Middle Tennessee is hurting them. Their other losses are understandable and nothing to worry LaTech fans much, IMO. The 1 point loss to Arkansas to open up the season had to have been deflating to a degree, though.
FIU - I really don't want to put FIU here because of their first 4 games, but being undefeated in CUSA (all after the HC change) is pretty damn positive, for sure. Next week's game vs LaTech will show if this upswing is legit or just a bounce up to average.
ODU - Another program I'm not real confident of being in this upper tier, but, again, being undefeated in CUSA play is very solid so far. The UTSA win is looking better and better, and next week @ WKU will be the telling tale for if ODU is for real or not.

Average:
Marshall - Absolutely a bad W against FAU. No complaints about getting the win, because the 4th quarter performance was decent, but the offensive play calling, penalties, offensive line, and pass defense are all really, really bad.
UTSA - I cam so close to putting UTSA in that upper tier, but the loss to ODU really stands out for them. Picking up wins against UTEP and North Texas will be big going into the game @ Middle Tennessee. They need to win the next 3 to be serious about division title contention.
North Texas - Pretty solid bounce-back season for the Mean Green here considering how bad they were last year. I don't think they'll contend for CUSA West because they have a brutal remaining schedule (@ Army, @ UTSA, vs LaTech, @ WKU, vs Southern Miss, and @ UTEP), but if they can get 2 wins between Army, UTSA, LaTech, WKU, and Southern MIss, they could be making a big buzz in CUSA in 2017.

Atrocious:
Rice - Haven't watched a single game, but 0-6 kinda says it all.
UTEP - Some, including myself, thought this was the year UTEP could've contended for CUSA West. So much for that.
FAU - Was not confident about Marshall's ability to beat anyone else on the schedule and yesterday's game was filled with bad play from both programs. You could've swapped Marshall for FAU in my 'tiers' here if FAU had won yesterday. They're both pretty equally bad.
Charlotte - Hard to give Charlotte too much hell in their 2nd FBS season ever. They did get their first ever CUSA win this season, so that's a plus for the program. Baby steps, 49ers!

Most in-season comparative posts are not worthy of spit on a chalkboard -- at least in my insignificant opinion.

Yours, RedParallax, is exceptional. Very nice job!

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - SVHerd - 10-16-2016 01:49 PM

We are atrocious. FAU gave us the game with the turnovers on our end of the field and the horribly bad pitch call on 4th and 1. The Owls OL dominated us and not sure why their coaches went away from the power running game. We may beat Charlotte since we play them at home but I don't see another win. What's bad is 2017 ain't looking much better unless Doc goes for the quick fix with an influx of Juco guys.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - goherd24herdfans - 10-16-2016 05:04 PM

(10-16-2016 01:49 PM)SVHerd Wrote:  We are atrocious. FAU gave us the game with the turnovers on our end of the field and the horribly bad pitch call on 4th and 1. The Owls OL dominated us and not sure why their coaches went away from the power running game. We may beat Charlotte since we play them at home but I don't see another win. What's bad is 2017 ain't looking much better unless Doc goes for the quick fix with an influx of Juco guys.

Our defense has several studs siting out right now so we will be ok. Offensively, the problem is in the booth with legg, not the personnel on the field.

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - RedParallax - 10-17-2016 11:38 AM

(10-16-2016 11:18 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Most in-season comparative posts are not worthy of spit on a chalkboard -- at least in my insignificant opinion.

Yours, RedParallax, is exceptional. Very nice job!

Thank you, sir!

RE: Marshall is the worst team in CUSA - usmbacker - 10-17-2016 11:39 AM

After the UTSA game, you would have a hard time convincing me that USM isn't as bad as any team in this conference right now.