CSNbbs
Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread (/thread-794666.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - HuskieTap22 - 10-15-2016 06:36 PM

Seven games into the 2016 campaign and NIU is 1 - 6 and 0 - 4 at home. Today's loss pretty much closed out the 2016 campaign and it is only mid-October. Been following this team and college football in general for a long time and NIU's last seven games have been some of the worst football I have watched in quite some time...

... With the early close to 2016 it's time to turn the energy to fixing this thing and restoring this once great football program many of us have come to support and enjoy. Rather than keep the thoughts scattered across many threads figured it was time to harness this into one place.

So now what...?

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - badmoonrising13 - 10-15-2016 06:37 PM

Plenty of talent in place. Just need a competent staff.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - niu_1087 - 10-15-2016 06:39 PM

Gut the staff. Like, literally all of them need to go. This is possibly the most talented offensive team we've had (Lynch not withstanding), and all of the three and outs and mind numbingly predictable calls are unacceptable. The defense, though they did all they could do today, has also massively underperformed. DB's can't stay with receivers unless they hold them, and no one in the secondary is capable (or willing) to make a hard tackle.

This is either going to be a quick turnaround and we'll be competitive again next year, or we're looking at another 10+ years of striving for mediocrity. Sean Frazier is going to show his true colors in the coming months, and to be honest I'm not really optimistic.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - NIUSox10 - 10-15-2016 06:43 PM

(10-15-2016 06:39 PM)niu_1087 Wrote:  Gut the staff. Like, literally all of them need to go.

Lets just hope a big donor or potential donor that is a die hard pulls the trigger and covers the buyout. Without this, we are stuck.

Can everyone please check their state inheritance records to make sure no one was left a bunch of money from a distant relative?

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - niu_1087 - 10-15-2016 06:44 PM

(10-15-2016 06:43 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  
(10-15-2016 06:39 PM)niu_1087 Wrote:  Gut the staff. Like, literally all of them need to go.

Lets just hope a big donor or potential donor that is a die hard pulls the trigger and covers the buyout. Without this, we are stuck.

Do those even exist though? Is Barsema a big football fan or does he happen to be looking for another big tax write off?

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - NILAW - 10-15-2016 06:46 PM

(10-15-2016 06:39 PM)niu_1087 Wrote:  Gut the staff. Like, literally all of them need to go. This is possibly the most talented offensive team we've had (Lynch not withstanding), and all of the three and outs and mind numbingly predictable calls are unacceptable. The defense, though they did all they could do today, has also massively underperformed. DB's can't stay with receivers unless they hold them, and no one in the secondary is capable (or willing) to make a hard tackle.

This is either going to be a quick turnaround and we'll be competitive again next year, or we're looking at another 10+ years of striving for mediocrity. Sean Frazier is going to show his true colors in the coming months, and to be honest I'm not really optimistic.

I a very concerned STF will not pull the trigger, using excuses like Hare injury! If so he does not know football near as much as he professes!

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - NIUSox10 - 10-15-2016 06:48 PM

(10-15-2016 06:46 PM)NILAW Wrote:  
(10-15-2016 06:39 PM)niu_1087 Wrote:  Gut the staff. Like, literally all of them need to go. This is possibly the most talented offensive team we've had (Lynch not withstanding), and all of the three and outs and mind numbingly predictable calls are unacceptable. The defense, though they did all they could do today, has also massively underperformed. DB's can't stay with receivers unless they hold them, and no one in the secondary is capable (or willing) to make a hard tackle.

I a very concerned STF will not pull the trigger, using excuses like Hare injury! If so he does not know football near as much as he professes!

I dont think he could pull the trigger without it being privately funded. He is in the same pickle as the master plan in terms of spending money.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - niu_1087 - 10-15-2016 06:49 PM

I would be willing to buy that as a partial excuse if we had won the Wyoming game. Even then, it wouldn't account for the flat our dumb decisions the staff makes literally every opportunity they can.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - HuskieTap22 - 10-15-2016 06:49 PM

(10-15-2016 06:48 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  

I dont think he could pull the trigger without it being privately funded. He is in the same pickle as the master plan in terms of spending money.

That is a very valid point.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - MaddDawgz02 - 10-15-2016 07:08 PM

It might be a valid point but you absolutely cannot go forward like this or it puts you back another decade if you allow the contract to run out. There is a way to do this, might be painful, but the alternative cannot happen either. Every day that goes by like this, NIU football is being set back 2 days from recovering. A coaching move has to take place when the year is over, no ifs ands or buts

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - MiamiHuskie - 10-15-2016 07:13 PM

This is 2007 all over again, but Carey won;t resign like Novak did.
I think we're stuck.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - badmoonrising13 - 10-15-2016 07:15 PM

Novak would've led the team back in 2008. No doubt about it.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - epasnoopy - 10-15-2016 07:17 PM

We can't rebuild until this coaching staff is unemployed.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - dogdangit - 10-15-2016 07:33 PM

No names on the jersey's today. Hopefully NIU is saving that money up for a new coach.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - Captain Huskie - 10-15-2016 08:18 PM

(10-15-2016 07:17 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  We can't rebuild until this coaching staff is unemployed.

+1000

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - Captain Huskie - 10-15-2016 08:19 PM

(10-15-2016 07:33 PM)dogdangit Wrote:  No names on the jersey's today. Hopefully NIU is saving that money up for a new coach.

Anything would help!

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - HuskieTap22 - 10-15-2016 08:53 PM

Pretty shocking how bad the program has become. Over the last 10 games, NIU is 1 - 9 and only played with a lead a total of 40 minutes (out of 600 minutes of football). Wyoming and Ball State are the only two teams NIU has gotten a lead against during that span and an FCS team went wire to wire against the Huskies in Huskie Stadium.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - niu_1087 - 10-15-2016 08:56 PM

(10-15-2016 08:53 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  Pretty shocking how bad the program has become. Over the last 10 games, NIU is 1 - 9 and only played with a lead a total of 40 minutes (out of 600 minutes of football). Wyoming and Ball State are the only two teams NIU has gotten a lead against during that span and an FCS team went wire to wire against the Huskies in Huskie Stadium.

It's a total and utter collapse of a program, anyway you look at it.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - HuskieTap22 - 10-15-2016 09:00 PM

(10-15-2016 08:56 PM)niu_1087 Wrote:  
(10-15-2016 08:53 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  Pretty shocking how bad the program has become. Over the last 10 games, NIU is 1 - 9 and only played with a lead a total of 40 minutes (out of 600 minutes of football). Wyoming and Ball State are the only two teams NIU has gotten a lead against during that span and an FCS team went wire to wire against the Huskies in Huskie Stadium.

It really is an epic free fall.

RE: Official Rebuild NIU Football Thread - NILAW - 10-15-2016 09:10 PM

(10-15-2016 09:00 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  
(10-15-2016 08:56 PM)niu_1087 Wrote:  

It really is an epic free fall.

It is and one would think STF is trying to figure something out! He is considered a football guy, and for him to have extended Carey's contract a a big strike, but to sit there and do nothing has to hurt his chances of landing a P5 AD position even more! Most universities I have heard his name mentioned about is a football school. What university would want to hire him so under his guidance the football team implodes! As far as $ to buy out Carey; STF gets paid big $ to figure stuff like that out!