CSNbbs
OT: Stone Cold Steve Austin's Dad Played Rice Football - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: OT: Stone Cold Steve Austin's Dad Played Rice Football (/thread-794282.html)

OT: Stone Cold Steve Austin's Dad Played Rice Football - MarketingOwl - 10-12-2016 05:20 PM

I did not know about this.

I was listening to Stone Cold's latest podcast while I worked, and he mentions that his dad used to play football at Rice in the 50's.

The podcast can be found here. http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=436&pid=1682779

He starts talking about college football at 1:02:30, and starts to talk about UH and his dad playing at Rice at 1:03:52.

This has been a Rice Football Fun Fact. Have a good day.

RE: OT: Stone Cold Steve Austin's Dad Played Rice Football - Frizzy Owl - 10-12-2016 05:46 PM

Is he referring to his stepfather? His stepfather's name is Ken Williams. There's a Ken Williams who scored the only Rice touchdown in the 1958 Cotton Bowl.

RE: OT: Stone Cold Steve Austin's Dad Played Rice Football - MarketingOwl - 10-13-2016 03:36 PM

I would assume he's referring to his stepfather.

RE: OT: Stone Cold Steve Austin's Dad Played Rice Football - Almadenmike - 10-13-2016 03:55 PM

From the 2002 book, "The Stone Cold Truth" by Steve Austin & Dennis Bryant, pp 3-4:

[Image: 29676391994_37da3c4c18_z.jpg]

Ken's Rice experiences are also mentioned on page 18 and a photo is on page 19.

In the beginning of chapter 6 ("Playing College Sports"), Steven relates his rice recruiting experience in this passage:

Quote:When I came to the end of my high school career, I started looking around at colleges where I could continue to play football. My dad had played at Rice University, and of course he was trying to get me in at Rice. He took me to Houston and we visited the business school and met the coaches, but they had nothing for me.