CSNbbs
Deyonta Davis - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: the Grindhouse (/forum-722.html)
+------- Thread: Deyonta Davis (/thread-793513.html)

Deyonta Davis - cscottl1981 - 10-06-2016 10:20 AM

It sure would be nice to draft an impact player that could come in and play early on. I know it's way too soon to be throwing in the towel on this dude, but I don't think he's played at all (summer league and now preseason) due to a foot injury. I guess I'm jaded from all of the crappy picks we've made in the past that never see the floor. Davis seemed like a good pick at the time, but this is starting to look like more of the same ole stuff.

RE: Deyonta Davis - Latilleon - 10-06-2016 10:37 AM

(10-06-2016 10:20 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  It sure would be nice to draft an impact player that could come in and play early on. I know it's way too soon to be throwing in the towel on this dude, but I don't think he's played at all (summer league and now preseason) due to a foot injury. I guess I'm jaded from all of the crappy picks we've made in the past that never see the floor. Davis seemed like a good pick at the time, but this is starting to look like more of the same ole stuff.

Chris Wallace has a decent history picking late in the first round and early in the 2nd round.

RE: Deyonta Davis - cscottl1981 - 10-06-2016 10:59 AM

(10-06-2016 10:37 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 10:20 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  It sure would be nice to draft an impact player that could come in and play early on. I know it's way too soon to be throwing in the towel on this dude, but I don't think he's played at all (summer league and now preseason) due to a foot injury. I guess I'm jaded from all of the crappy picks we've made in the past that never see the floor. Davis seemed like a good pick at the time, but this is starting to look like more of the same ole stuff.

Chris Wallace has a decent history picking late in the first round and early in the 2nd round.

Please name some of those impact players that are still on the team.

RE: Deyonta Davis - Latilleon - 10-06-2016 11:01 AM

(10-06-2016 10:59 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  

Whether they are on the team or not, it doesn't matter if they were good picks.

Darrell Arthur, G. Vasquez, Demarre Carroll, and Sam Young were good picks that played a role.

RE: Deyonta Davis - UofMark - 10-06-2016 11:09 AM

(10-06-2016 10:20 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  It sure would be nice to draft an impact player that could come in and play early on. this is starting to look like more of the same ole stuff.

See Baldwin, Wade

RE: Deyonta Davis - cscottl1981 - 10-06-2016 11:12 AM

(10-06-2016 11:09 AM)UofMark Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 10:20 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  It sure would be nice to draft an impact player that could come in and play early on. this is starting to look like more of the same ole stuff.

See Baldwin, Wade

Yeah it seems like he has potential. Sure hope it plays out that way.

RE: Deyonta Davis - HoopDreams - 10-06-2016 11:17 AM

I always viewed Davis as a down the line guy anyway.

Like his size and athleticism, but he's raw and a few years away.

RE: Deyonta Davis - cscottl1981 - 10-06-2016 02:05 PM

(10-06-2016 11:01 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  

Darrell Arthur, G. Vasquez, Demarre Carroll, and Sam Young were good picks that played a role.

This is a list I found of Grizzlies draft picks since Vasquez (2010). Not sure this is all of them, but it ain't pretty. Keep in mind we were already pretty good and could afford to miss a time or 2. Even so, we have yet to hit a homerun on a late 1st round/2nd round pick.

The jury is obviously still out on the 2016 guys.

Josh Selby
Tony Wroten
Jamaal Franklin
Jānis Timma
Jordan Adams
Jarnell Stokes
Jarell Martin
Wade Baldwin
Deyonta Davis
Rade Zagorac
Wang Zhelin

RE: Deyonta Davis - Rob - 10-06-2016 03:34 PM

This is the first draft I've been excited about in a while. Baldwin has star potential and Davis has great tools as a defender, rebounder, and mid-range player.

RE: Deyonta Davis - Latilleon - 10-07-2016 07:48 AM

(10-06-2016 02:05 PM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 11:01 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  

This is a list I found of Grizzlies draft picks since Vasquez (2010). Not sure this is all of them, but it ain't pretty. Keep in mind we were already pretty good and could afford to miss a time or 2. Even so, we have yet to hit a homerun on a late 1st round/2nd round pick.

The jury is obviously still out on the 2016 guys.

Josh Selby
Tony Wroten
Jamaal Franklin
Jānis Timma
Jordan Adams
Jarnell Stokes
Jarell Martin
Wade Baldwin
Deyonta Davis
Rade Zagorac
Wang Zhelin

There are very very few home runs in the late first round and second round. There aren't many Draymond Greens out there.

Jordan Adams and Wade Baldwin are mid-first round picks. Picks that generally should be guys with decent careers in the NBA if not stars.

RE: Deyonta Davis - bsp34 - 10-10-2016 03:00 PM

Said today he's had no setbacks and is aiming to play in the last 2 preseason games.

RE: Deyonta Davis - cscottl1981 - 10-10-2016 03:47 PM

(10-10-2016 03:00 PM)bsp34 Wrote:  

Said today he's had no setbacks and is aiming to play in the last 2 preseason games.

Sweet....I hope so. Thanks for the update!