CSNbbs
LSU is better - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: LSU is better (/thread-792984.html)

Pages: 1 2

LSU is better - EvilVodka - 10-02-2016 07:40 AM

Lost in all of the big storylines yesterday was the debut of Coach Orgeron at LSU...

It was a very odd debut for a coach taking over for a guy that just got fired....the offense actually looked good last night!! LSU trounced Mizzou and nearly shut them out

All this with Leonard Fournette out with an injury as well...

JMO, but Ed Orgeron fits LSU like a puzzle piece....they did the right thing by firing Les Miles. It was beyond time...the offense had become stale and predictable. LSU looked dangerous again last night...

RE: LSU is better - murrdcu - 10-02-2016 07:45 AM

LSU doesn't need to play Fournette until he's healthy. They got plenty of quality running backs.

Glad to see LSU open up the offense. LSU just became really dangerous the rest of the season

RE: LSU is better - quo vadis - 10-02-2016 08:10 AM

(10-02-2016 07:45 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  LSU doesn't need to play Fournette until he's healthy. They got plenty of quality running backs.

Glad to see LSU open up the offense. LSU just became really dangerous the rest of the season

Disagree. They were just playing a bad team. Etling actually was his most inaccurate, it's just that Mizzou couldn't stop the run. Any team that can't stop the run will be in trouble against LSU, even when Miles was coach.

RE: LSU is better - USAFMEDIC - 10-02-2016 09:01 AM

LSU sure put all the puzzle pieces together last night. They ran over us like a train.04-bow

RE: LSU is better - C2__ - 10-02-2016 09:19 AM

Train?

(Refrains from making obvious joke.)

RE: LSU is better - hawghiggs - 10-02-2016 11:10 AM

I wonder how many games Ogreron would have to win to become LSU permanent coach. Lane Kiffen would bolt Alabama in a heart beat to be Ed O's offensive coordinator.

RE: LSU is better - SouthEastAlaska - 10-02-2016 11:27 AM

(10-02-2016 11:10 AM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I wonder how many games Ogreron would have to win to become LSU permanent coach. Lane Kiffen would bolt Alabama in a heart beat to be Ed O's offensive coordinator.

LSU would have to win out in order for coach Orgeron to be hired as the permanent replacement to Les Miles

RE: LSU is better - shere khan - 10-02-2016 10:57 PM

(10-02-2016 07:40 AM)EvilVodka Wrote:  Lost in all of the big storylines yesterday was the debut of Coach Orgeron at LSU...

It was a very odd debut for a coach taking over for a guy that just got fired....the offense actually looked good last night!! LSU trounced Mizzou and nearly shut them out

JMO, but Ed Orgeron fits LSU like a puzzle piece....they did the right thing by firing Les Miles. It was beyond time...the offense had become stale and predictable. LSU looked dangerous again last night...
Did LSU play better or is mizzou just awful?

Hint- zz

RE: LSU is better - HuskyHawk - 10-03-2016 07:46 AM

(10-02-2016 10:57 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 07:40 AM)EvilVodka Wrote:  Lost in all of the big storylines yesterday was the debut of Coach Orgeron at LSU...

Hint- zz

Both. It wasn't just that Mizzou is bad, LSU was a bit better.

RE: LSU is better - EvilVodka - 10-03-2016 11:29 AM

(10-03-2016 07:46 AM)HuskyHawk Wrote:  

Hint- zz

Both. It wasn't just that Mizzou is bad, LSU was a bit better.

Exactly...it's both.

The LSU D has ALWAYS played well....even with Les Miles, so there was no drop off there.

The specific point was the offensive PLAYCALLING...Cam Cameron was awful, and did nothing

LSU actually had a nice pace, and called easy, high percentage plays for their QB....

I'm not saying the playcalling is lights-out genius now....it's just looking better than the abyssmal Cam Cameron playcalling

RE: LSU is better - TerryD - 10-03-2016 01:04 PM

[Image: usc-v-arizona-state-20130929-031934-422.jpg]

He is waiting/lurking/biding his time....

He may be looking at houses in Baton Rouge right now. :)

RE: LSU is better - LSU04_08 - 10-03-2016 01:04 PM

That's exactly how their first four games should have looked. One Twitter comment said it best, "With Les Miles, LSU would have gotten that first touchdown and he would have tried to sit on it for 4 quarters" and that makes perfect sense. LSU's season isn't over yet, but to get past Alabama and perhaps Arkansas, we'll still need to step our passing game up. By that point, however, I think we will have improved. Also, if Orgeron can get LSU passed Alabama and Arkansas with a win, there's no doubt he'll be our next head coach.

RE: LSU is better - LSU04_08 - 10-03-2016 01:06 PM

(10-02-2016 08:10 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 07:45 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  LSU doesn't need to play Fournette until he's healthy. They got plenty of quality running backs.

Disagree. They were just playing a bad team. Etling actually was his most inaccurate, it's just that Mizzou couldn't stop the run. Any team that can't stop the run will be in trouble against LSU, even when Miles was coach.

Horsepuckey. With Miles, LSU would have won that game 10-7, IF the defense would have still played as fired up.

RE: LSU is better - LSU04_08 - 10-03-2016 01:15 PM

Hint- zz

LSU racked up the most yards in program history against an SEC team Saturday night. Mississippi State is much worse than MIZZOU and LSU only won that game by 3 points. Almost lost it at the end.

RE: LSU is better - HawkeyeCoug - 10-03-2016 02:11 PM

I don't follow LSU closely, but was in an airport a couple of weeks ago when they were playing Auburn, and the TV was on that game. Their QB didn't target DuPree running free in the end zone twice on their final drive. Further, Dupree was in the middle where it was an easier throw, and the safety had vacated. I left thinking any good offensive coordinator would see the gap that was being left, and hit it for the win. The mess that followed left me more convinced that bad coaching was holding back good offensive talent.

RE: LSU is better - HeartOfDixie - 10-03-2016 02:12 PM

I'll just leave this here for O...

RE: LSU is better - EvilVodka - 10-03-2016 02:51 PM

(10-03-2016 02:11 PM)HawkeyeCoug Wrote:  I don't follow LSU closely, but was in an airport a couple of weeks ago when they were playing Auburn, and the TV was on that game. Their QB didn't target DuPree running free in the end zone twice on their final drive. Further, Dupree was in the middle where it was an easier throw, and the safety had vacated. I left thinking any good offensive coordinator would see the gap that was being left, and hit it for the win. The mess that followed left me more convinced that bad coaching was holding back good offensive talent.

exactly....even the TV announcer could see it

Cam Cameron did nothing to develop QBs, and that's sort of his job....getting rid of him was the first step to getting better

RE: LSU is better - LSU04_08 - 10-03-2016 03:10 PM

(10-03-2016 02:11 PM)HawkeyeCoug Wrote:  I don't follow LSU closely, but was in an airport a couple of weeks ago when they were playing Auburn, and the TV was on that game. Their QB didn't target DuPree running free in the end zone twice on their final drive. Further, Dupree was in the middle where it was an easier throw, and the safety had vacated. I left thinking any good offensive coordinator would see the gap that was being left, and hit it for the win. The mess that followed left me more convinced that bad coaching was holding back good offensive talent.

You saw that too? Wide open with his hand in the air and not a soul around him.

RE: LSU is better - shere khan - 10-03-2016 11:29 PM

(10-03-2016 01:04 PM)TerryD Wrote:  [Image: usc-v-arizona-state-20130929-031934-422.jpg]

He is waiting/lurking/biding his time....

He may be looking at houses in Baton Rouge right now. :)

Joey Freshwater and LSU. Too good to be true. Please let this happen.

RE: LSU is better - TitanTopper - 10-04-2016 12:30 AM

Kifin wants the Oregon job. Wait for it. Wait for it....