CSNbbs
Anthony Miller - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Anthony Miller (/thread-792929.html)

Anthony Miller - ItsDude - 10-01-2016 07:23 PM

He's a stud...Go man

RE: Anthony Miller - Crazier - 10-01-2016 08:51 PM

Yeah we need to go him even more.

RE: Anthony Miller - 450bench - 10-01-2016 10:01 PM

The kid can play.

RE: Anthony Miller - holyterror - 10-02-2016 06:14 AM

Guts.
And hands.

RE: Anthony Miller - bubbapt - 10-02-2016 07:08 AM

10 catches for 132 yds, and one rushing TD on 25 yes.

RE: Anthony Miller - Brother Bluto - 10-03-2016 09:04 AM

Just glad he didn't get injured

RE: Anthony Miller - Atlanta - 10-03-2016 09:52 AM

Miller is an essential part of the Memphis offense - obviously, but overuse could lead to injury. Noticed in the BG game or maybe the KU game that between the receptions, sweeps, punt returns & KO returns, Miller looked a little gimpy. Glad to see others fielding punts & KOs at OM game - although noted none performed quite as consistently well as Miller. Anthony is a real talent, hope he can stay healthy through the season.

RE: Anthony Miller - holyterror - 10-03-2016 11:07 AM

(10-03-2016 09:52 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  Miller is an essential part of the Memphis offense - obviously, but overuse could lead to injury. Noticed in the BG game or maybe the KU game that between the receptions, sweeps, punt returns & KO returns, Miller looked a little gimpy. Glad to see others fielding punts & KOs at OM game - although noted none performed quite as consistently well as Miller. Anthony is a real talent, hope he can stay healthy through the season.

Some years, hed have had to run back kicks and punts too. Depth is a beautiful thing.

RE: Anthony Miller - TiminMem23 - 10-03-2016 12:22 PM

(10-03-2016 09:52 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  Miller is an essential part of the Memphis offense - obviously, but overuse could lead to injury. Noticed in the BG game or maybe the KU game that between the receptions, sweeps, punt returns & KO returns, Miller looked a little gimpy. Glad to see others fielding punts & KOs at OM game - although noted none performed quite as consistently well as Miller. Anthony is a real talent, hope he can stay healthy through the season.

No question about it. He's a talent that the SEC clearly missed on. Kid can flat out play. Fun to watch.

RE: Anthony Miller - HometownTiger - 10-03-2016 01:12 PM

One of the best players I can remember watching in a Memphis uniform.

RE: Anthony Miller - DallasTiger - 10-03-2016 08:26 PM

One of the things I love about him is when he gets tackled he pops right up like nothing happened. He is one tough dude.

RE: Anthony Miller - Briskbas - 10-04-2016 11:48 AM

(10-03-2016 12:22 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  

No question about it. He's a talent that the SEC clearly missed on. Kid can flat out play. Fun to watch.

We didn't give him a scholly to start with, either. A lot of people missed on him.

RE: Anthony Miller - idroot4russia - 10-04-2016 01:41 PM

I'm not saying this to take anything away from Miller, he is already one of my all time favorite players, but I wonder what kind of player Duke Calhoun could have been with Paxton Lynch or Riley Ferguson throwing balls to him.

RE: Anthony Miller - Tiger87 - 10-05-2016 05:24 PM

Players play in college. Just the way it is. I remember DeAngelo volunteering for kickoff returns. Set all-purpose yardage records. Tommy would run him 30+ times a game. People said he was using him up. Look at him today.

Obviously, the more you're out there, the greater the chance of injury. But a guy playing the position he's supposed to play is what you do. You don't save players.

Now running a linebacker at running back would be a whole nother story.

RE: Anthony Miller - Atlanta - 10-05-2016 08:58 PM

(10-05-2016 05:24 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  

Players play in college. Just the way it is. I remember DeAngelo volunteering for kickoff returns. Set all-purpose yardage records. Tommy would run him 30+ times a game. People said he was using him up. Look at him today.

Obviously, the more you're out there, the greater the chance of injury. But a guy playing the position he's supposed to play is what you do. You don't save players.

Miller is hardly being "saved". Miller is talented, featured & playing a multiple role & he's been injured. He's not real big either. But we have other guys who can return punts & KOs. Oglesby comes to mind as one who seems to be under utilized & has proven productive. And there are others. As for Deangelo, he was used & injured during his Memphis career. As for his pro longevity, he's been platooned since day one at Carolina. And that's a good thing for his career & longevity.

RE: Anthony Miller - Tiger87 - 10-06-2016 10:48 PM

(10-05-2016 08:58 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  

Miller is hardly being "saved". Miller is talented, featured & playing a multiple role & he's been injured. He's not real big either. But we have other guys who can return punts & KOs. Oglesby comes to mind as one who seems to be under utilized & has proven productive. And there are others. As for Deangelo, he was used & injured during his Memphis career. As for his pro longevity, he's been platooned since day one at Carolina. And that's a good thing for his career & longevity.

I agree. Miller is not being saved - nor should he be. I thought you were making the case he should be. If he's the best guy on spec teams - use him. You got to get your playmakers involved however you can. It's not like WR's take a beating on O.

RE: Anthony Miller - TIGERBUDDY - 10-07-2016 02:20 PM

I think I recall someone called the refrigerator in pro ball being used in short yardage situations.

RE: Anthony Miller - idroot4russia - 10-07-2016 02:53 PM

(10-07-2016 02:20 PM)TIGERBUDDY Wrote:  

I think I recall someone called the refrigerator in pro ball being used in short yardage situations.

I recall Ole Miss' best defensive lineman being put out of the game last year when they tried to use him in a short yardage situation.

But I agree with the coaching staff, the playmakers need to be on the field to make plays. Special teams can be the difference between a win and a loss.

RE: Anthony Miller - Brother Bluto - 10-07-2016 03:02 PM

Matt Dillon was on the radio today and said Temple had him "bracketed"