CSNbbs
Week 3 Games - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: Week 3 Games (/thread-790406.html)

Week 3 Games - army56mike - 09-11-2016 07:58 AM

W - Liberty @ SMU
L - Monmouth @ Kent St.
L - Citadel vs. GW
L - Presbyterian @ Campbell

RE: Week 3 Games - PonyUpTempo - 09-12-2016 07:57 PM

(09-11-2016 07:58 AM)army56mike Wrote:  W - Liberty @ SMU
L - Monmouth @ Kent St.
L - Citadel vs. GW
L - Presbyterian @ Campbell

Not so fast my friend.

RE: Week 3 Games - Libertygrad01 - 09-12-2016 09:09 PM

It helps SMU lost their starting qb, but it's still a tall task to beat an FBS team. I think it's close, but SMU wins. 27-21.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Week 3 Games - GE and MTS - 09-12-2016 09:12 PM

SMU isn't that good but I expect them to win. If we can bring the offense that was used against Jacksonville rather than the one we used against Virginia Tech then we'll be in good shape.

RE: Week 3 Games - PonyUpTempo - 09-13-2016 10:59 AM

Any idea how many Liberty fans are making the trip to Dallas? I like the optimism from the Liberty fans on their boards, but I think SMU will win by 17.

RE: Week 3 Games - Libertygrad01 - 09-13-2016 12:40 PM

So you think you're as good or better than VaTech? I would be very surprised if we lose by 17. It could happen, but done things would really have to go against us.

RE: Week 3 Games - PonyUpTempo - 09-13-2016 02:04 PM

I don't think I said anything about VaTech in my post, I must have missed that?

I said I think we are 17 points better than Liberty.

RE: Week 3 Games - Libertygrad01 - 09-13-2016 03:15 PM

We were ahead of Tech late in the second quarter until they pulled away late in the game. I think you'll be surprised at how hard Liberty plays.

RE: Week 3 Games - NewTimes - 09-15-2016 07:53 PM

(09-13-2016 10:59 AM)PonyUpTempo Wrote:  Any idea how many Liberty fans are making the trip to Dallas? I like the optimism from the Liberty fans on their boards, but I think SMU will win by 17.
Pony, as a FBS program you will be favoured as was App St in 2014 and 2015 GaSt was last year, both road victories for LU. SMU by 10, at tops.

Also got on the SMU board. Where do you guys roost?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Week 3 Games - PonyUpTempo - 09-16-2016 08:52 AM

Ponyfans.com is our free site, however most of the traffic has seemed to move over to ponystampede.com recently. It's scout's SMU site.

RE: Week 3 Games - Libertygrad01 - 09-16-2016 01:46 PM

Hey Pony, I appreciate you coming over and interacting. I've gone over to ponyfans and read several posts. Is SMU still considered a Christian college or would you consider it a secular school with the Methodist name attached? I thought we may have some commradory, both being "Christian" colleges, but I found numerous posters taking shots at Liberty.

RE: Week 3 Games - PonyUpTempo - 09-16-2016 02:50 PM

We are not a Christian school, but it remains in our name.

If anyone is at the game tomorrow our tailgate scene is top notch. People will welcome you with open arms on the boulevard, and most likely offer beverages

RE: Week 3 Games - Libertygrad01 - 09-16-2016 03:13 PM

Wish I could be there. The best two tailgating spots I've ever been to is Ole Miss in the grove and Alabama. Both exactly like you said, we were asked probably 30-40 times to join tailgates and sample food. Both sites were fantastic. Biggest disappointment was LSU and GA. Both had obnoxious fans.

RE: Week 3 Games - PonyUpTempo - 09-16-2016 04:10 PM

So our university president came from Ole Miss, and he is the one that started our boulevard tailgate experience. It is a mini grove.

RE: Week 3 Games - GE and MTS - 09-17-2016 09:37 PM

Quick reaction to the game:

Another poor showing by the offense and special teams. Converting third downs was yet again a problem. Masha is bad and I'm glad he was replaced. He just couldn't hit a receiver that wasn't five yards away. I don't know why they didn't keep running the option that worked well when Masha was in. Calvert wasn't great but he gave us a chance. He moved the ball down the field and was pretty solid. He had the brutal turnover at the end but wasn't as bad as Masha's.

That field goal kick was so bad. It wasn't that far of a kick (38 yards or so, right?) and it was closer to the sideline in the back of the end zone than it was to the upright.

I was happy to see our penalties are down from the Virginia Tech game, however, the ones we had were killer. The pass interference that negated an interception. The illegal man downfield that negated a touchdown. The "kick" that negated a two point conversion. The pair of roughing the passer penalties. The face mask penalty. And don't forget running into the returner catching the punt that negated a potential touchdown. Why are we always the more penalized team? That's on coaching.

I liked our turnovers on defense. I didn't like our run defense that left gaping holes. SMU had way too many big plays but we didn't allow many points. We bent but didn't break for the most part.

This is a game we could have won, probably should have won. We had our opportunities but blew them. Is that a reflection on the coaching, on the FBS versus FCS, being an away team, having inexperienced quarterbacks, or what? We better learn quick because we have a big challenge again in Jacksonville State.

RE: Week 3 Games - PonyUpTempo - 09-18-2016 12:00 AM

So I was 2 points off my 17 point win prediction. The game should not have been close however. SMU out gained Liberty almost 600 to 280? Our RS freshman QB just likes throwing picks in the endzone. If SMU had a QB that could complete a pass, we would be in great shape.

I do think the kid that replaced Masha at QB gave y'all a much better chance to win.

RE: Week 3 Games - army56mike - 09-18-2016 07:54 AM

My heart has hope, but my head tells me this could be a long season. But then I remember the BSC isn't exactly filled with juggernauts. But we have no offense and a defense that gives up tons of yards.