CSNbbs
FIRE ROD CAREY - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: FIRE ROD CAREY (/thread-789847.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

FIRE ROD CAREY - Red Dog - 09-06-2016 10:48 AM

I am just as disappointed as all of ya'll after the opening season loss. Horrible loss for our beloved program. I agree with all hot takes on the coaching... simply put, Rod Carey is a dope.

He needs to be fired after this season.

Make Huskie football great again!

Roll dogs roll...

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - SiegInc - 09-06-2016 11:00 AM

Carey has failed to motivate the current players and bring in new talent for the future. I won't be surprised if we have another .500 season topped off with an embarrassing bowl loss. Toledo and WMU are going to definitely get revenge this year. The further we migrate away from the Kill/Doeren era the more it becomes apparent that the 'Carey era' is marked by ineptness, poor coaching, and lack of leadership. 1-5 in the post season since becoming head coach.

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - niusfactuary - 09-06-2016 11:11 AM

(09-06-2016 11:00 AM)SiegInc Wrote:  Carey has failed to motivate the current players and bring in new talent for the future. I won't be surprised if we have another .500 season topped off with an embarrassing bowl loss. Toledo and WMU are going to definitely get revenge this year. The further we migrate away from the Kill/Doeren era the more it becomes apparent that the 'Carey era' is marked by ineptness, poor coaching, and lack of leadership. 1-5 in the post season since becoming head coach.

Like the one we had when Kill was coach? Because that's the last time we've been .500 or below.

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - SiegInc - 09-06-2016 11:18 AM

(09-06-2016 11:11 AM)niusfactuary Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 11:00 AM)SiegInc Wrote:  Carey has failed to motivate the current players and bring in new talent for the future. I won't be surprised if we have another .500 season topped off with an embarrassing bowl loss. Toledo and WMU are going to definitely get revenge this year. The further we migrate away from the Kill/Doeren era the more it becomes apparent that the 'Carey era' is marked by ineptness, poor coaching, and lack of leadership. 1-5 in the post season since becoming head coach.

Like the one we had when Kill was coach? Because that's the last time we've been .500 or below.

8-6 last season, after trailing 3 quarters to WMU/Toledo and winning by the skin of our teeth in the final hour. Pretty much in the same realm as calling it a .500 season IMO.

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - GOONSQUAD41 - 09-06-2016 04:55 PM

If he cant win 8 games time to go back to Wisconsin stout and play more golf. Not impressive. Nobody wants him at the big schools.

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - pantone1935 - 09-07-2016 07:22 AM

Moved from #44 to #38 on the hot seat. http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - HuskiesCHI27 - 09-07-2016 07:59 AM

What is that tell you when P5 schools don't even sniff at him? GTFO Fraud Carey.

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - VegasHuskie - 09-10-2016 12:59 AM

(09-07-2016 07:22 AM)pantone1935 Wrote:  Moved from #44 to #38 on the hot seat. http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Attaboy, Coach! A couple more losses and that he can escalate himself to the ranks of coaches with their PICTURE on the website!

To be fair, though, you have to question the legitimacy of this site when they have Coach Bohl from Wyoming on a hotter seat than Coach Carey.

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - niubrad00 - 09-10-2016 06:48 AM

(09-10-2016 12:59 AM)VegasHuskie Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 07:22 AM)pantone1935 Wrote:  Moved from #44 to #38 on the hot seat. http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Attaboy, Coach! A couple more losses and that he can escalate himself to the ranks of coaches with their PICTURE on the website!

To be fair, though, you have to question the legitimacy of this site when they have Coach Bohl from Wyoming on a hotter seat than Coach Carey.

Really? So you find it confusing that a coach with a 7-18 record is on a hotter seat than a coach with a 31-13 record?

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - VegasHuskie - 09-10-2016 09:09 AM

(09-10-2016 06:48 AM)niubrad00 Wrote:  

Really? So you find it confusing that a coach with a 7-18 record is on a hotter seat than a coach with a 31-13 record?

I do, and please allow me to explain. On the surface, it would be a logical assumption to conclude the coach with the superior record would remain on steadier footing than the coach with the subpar record.

However, if one were to dig deeper, he or she would find that the coach with the superior record inherited a team coming off an Orange Bowl season with a fully stocked cupboard, whereas the coach with the lesser record inherited one of the worst collegiate programs in the nation.

After both coaches have established themselves and molded their programs into their own; one program is trending upwards, and the other downwards. To be completely fair, NIU had nowhere to go BUT down from the Orange Bowl and Wyoming had nowhere to go but up. Bearing that statement in mind, one simply needs to draw their own conclusion as to the degree of the upward or downward trending.

It's my opinion that there is a blatant drop in the quality of the product NIU has put on the field over the past two seasons. The team is undisciplined, unimaginative, and uninspired. What we see now is a far cry from that team that proudly ran on to the field against Florida State.

Accordingly, I feel the Wyoming team that just beat our Huskies seem to be on a fairly high curve of improvement, which allows me to draw the conclusion that Coach Bohl should be more secure in his future employment. You are more than entitled to harbor a different opinion, though, Brad. Cheers!

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - NILAW - 09-10-2016 09:44 AM

(09-10-2016 09:09 AM)VegasHuskie Wrote:  

I do, and please allow me to explain. On the surface, it would be a logical assumption to conclude the coach with the superior record would remain on steadier footing than the coach with the subpar record.

However, if one were to dig deeper, he or she would find that the coach with the superior record inherited a team coming off an Orange Bowl season with a fully stocked cupboard, whereas the coach with the lesser record inherited one of the worst collegiate programs in the nation.

After both coaches have established themselves and molded their programs into their own; one program is trending upwards, and the other downwards. To be completely fair, NIU had nowhere to go BUT down from the Orange Bowl and Wyoming had nowhere to go but up. Bearing that statement in mind, one simply needs to draw their own conclusion as to the degree of the upward or downward trending.

It's my opinion that there is a blatant drop in the quality of the product NIU has put on the field over the past two seasons. The team is undisciplined, unimaginative, and uninspired. What we see now is a far cry from that team that proudly ran on to the field against Florida State.

Accordingly, I feel the Wyoming team that just beat our Huskies seem to be on a fairly high curve of improvement, which allows me to draw the conclusion that Coach Bohl should be more secure in his future employment. You are more than entitled to harbor a different opinion, though, Brad. Cheers!

All of which is on Carey!

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - NIU007 - 09-10-2016 12:46 PM

(09-10-2016 09:09 AM)VegasHuskie Wrote:  

Yea, this all should go without saying. If you just look at record, then Bohl would be on the hot seat but with a rational look at it, it's a much different story.

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - cartershaw - 09-10-2016 01:35 PM

Hey don't bring logic and rationality to this board!

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - DogPoundNorth - 09-10-2016 07:17 PM

If you don't think this coach needs to be fired like yesterday, you don't get it. what an embarrassment of a coach. 5 straight losses and counting. SDSU will easily win and WIU probably will to.

FIRE ROD CAREY - Dog Fan - 09-10-2016 07:18 PM

(09-10-2016 07:17 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  If you don't think this coach needs to be fired like yesterday, you don't get it. what an embarrassment of a coach. 5 straight losses and counting. SDSU will easily win and WIU probably will to.

So will EMU.

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - DogPoundNorth - 09-10-2016 07:19 PM

(09-10-2016 07:18 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 07:17 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  If you don't think this coach needs to be fired like yesterday, you don't get it. what an embarrassment of a coach. 5 straight losses and counting. SDSU will easily win and WIU probably will to.

So will EMU.

I'm not about to get into the gauntlet that is the MAC schedule

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - JB04 - 09-10-2016 07:21 PM

Yeah, I'm the guy that is always the last too jump on a movement....but I now am on the fire Carey train

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - MaddDawgz02 - 09-10-2016 07:23 PM

Carey is too depressed to even verbally abuse Ambrose

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - DogPoundNorth - 09-10-2016 08:01 PM

What terrible timing for our program to go into the toilet. We all saw it going downhill, but it's being flushed now.

RE: FIRE ROD CAREY - MaddDawgz02 - 09-10-2016 08:03 PM

(09-10-2016 08:01 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  What terrible timing for our program to go into the toilet. We all saw it going downhill, but it's being flushed now.

Yeah I don't think anyone saw the steep slope of the decline, a decline was obvious but wow.