CSNbbs
PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows (/thread-789211.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - GoodOwl - 09-01-2016 10:43 PM

Artist: Kentucky Headhunters
Album: Stompin' Grounds
Cut: "Singin the Blues"
April 29, 1997 BNA Records

Rice Football game 1 postgame video:

RE: PostGAme Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - GoodOwl - 09-01-2016 10:45 PM

Bailiff post-game sideline interview:

"We gotta improve. It starts with me."

"We gotta lot of work to do."

"Personnel."

"We're gonna go to work and we're gonna get better."

RE: PostGAme Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - cr11owl - 09-01-2016 10:46 PM

(09-01-2016 10:45 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Bailiff post-game sideline interview:

"Personnel."

Our high bar is now 7-5. That better not keep him his job.

RE: PostGAme Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - Bailiff_Lingo_Bingo - 09-01-2016 10:48 PM

POSITIVES
- No meerkat. That's kind of a major deal to see a change like that 10th year into someone's tenure
- Stehling. Good showing. Decent passing/decent running.
- Punter

NEGATIVES
- Everything else
- Running game: I think our alleged strength at RB has been *vastly* overstated. I didn't see anyone there with serious burst, nor any major holes opened up
- Secondary schemes are pile of garbage. Inexcusable. CB technique questionable

RE: PostGAme Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - WRCisforgotten79 - 09-01-2016 10:50 PM

Leading rushers for Rice:

Stehling 11-85 7.7

Dillard 9-19 2.1

RE: PostGAme Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - Frizzy Owl - 09-01-2016 10:50 PM

Tonight's team isn't going 7-5. Something has to change before next weekend - locker-room gut check or coaching changes or something.

RE: PostGAme Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - OldOwl - 09-01-2016 10:51 PM

If Bailiff had any integrity he would recognize this is not working out and resign and think of the players.

RE: PostGAme Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - 07owl - 09-01-2016 10:55 PM

I miss Charles Ross

RE: PostGAme Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - Orange County Owl - 09-01-2016 10:57 PM

"Personnel."

Good gosh. Bailiffspeak just makes me want to hurl any more.

RE: PostGAme Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - ExcitedOwl18 - 09-01-2016 10:57 PM

44.6 yds/punt for Fox with 5 put inside the 20.

Thought Mayden played decently toward the end.

Those are my two positives

Stehling was alright. Two interceptions but neither was particularly egregious. Ran the ball better than expected.

Thought the O-line played "meh." Tyler generally had plenty of time. I can only recall one or two sacks. Sucks about Patterson.

Those are my two neutrals

The secondary continues to suck. In addition to huge plays, we cannot force a turnover for our life.

The linebackers aren't playing up to their potential. They need to play great in order for the defense to play OK. They are playing OK and the defense is playing horribly.

Those are my two awfuls.

RE: PostGAme Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - Bailiff_Lingo_Bingo - 09-01-2016 10:57 PM

(09-01-2016 10:55 PM)07owl Wrote:  I miss Charles Ross

+1

and Eddington

or a slimmed down Stewart (?)

and Jarret Dillard

RE: PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - GoodOwl - 09-01-2016 10:59 PM

(09-01-2016 10:50 PM)Frizzy Owl Wrote:  Tonight's team isn't going 7-5. Something has to change before next weekend - locker-room gut check or coaching changes or something.

JP reports some anger in the postgame locker room. Didn't say from who. Players already frustrated I imagine.

RE: PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - Tiki Owl - 09-01-2016 11:00 PM

(09-01-2016 10:57 PM)Orange County Owl Wrote:  

"Personnel."

Good gosh. Bailiffspeak just makes me want to hurl any more.

I don't believe he actually said that tonight. I think they just have it recorded to play after games like this.

RE: PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - GoodOwl - 09-01-2016 11:01 PM

(09-01-2016 10:51 PM)OldOwl Wrote:  If Bailiff had any integrity he would recognize this is not working out and resign and think of the players.

A few of our past head football coaches actually did just that. They cut a deal to leave early, or were asked to, and resigned before the season ended.

RE: PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - Bailiff_Lingo_Bingo - 09-01-2016 11:03 PM

(09-01-2016 10:57 PM)ExcitedOwl18 Wrote:  44.6 yds/punt for Fox with 5 put inside the 20.

Thought Mayden played decently toward the end.

Those are my two positives

Stehling was alright. Two interceptions but neither was particularly egregious. Ran the ball better than expected.

Thought the O-line played "meh." Tyler generally had plenty of time. I can only recall one or two sacks. Sucks about Patterson.

Those are my two neutrals

The secondary continues to suck. In addition to huge plays, we cannot force a turnover for our life.

The linebackers aren't playing up to their potential. They need to play great in order for the defense to play OK. They are playing OK and the defense is playing horribly.

Those are my two awfuls.

We have SOME talent, but not too many game-changers:
Mayden looked good, except he dropped a TD.
Ditto German, except he stepped out of bounds and tipped a ball into an INT.
Maybe Petersen is the bright spot there.
But on the whole, we got some guys with some talent, but no one with the speed and sure hands we saw from WKY
Robby Wells looked good, except he couldn't block out (or the screen-recipient ran into him?) a DB half his size
Stehling threw decently, but not sharply enough to compensate for WRs limitations

RE: PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - GoodOwl - 09-01-2016 11:04 PM

Coach Chris Thurmond postgame:

"They always make explosive plays."

"We hung in most of the first quarter."

"They're a good team, but we'll get better and we'll play better."

"They have a good scheme and they've been good at the skill positions. They did some good things, but we'll play better."

"(Army) is a totally different game, all downhill. Gotta stop the QB. Totally different game."

"We just gotta find ways to make more plays, get ourselves off the field, we'll play better."

RE: PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - Tiki Owl - 09-01-2016 11:05 PM

(09-01-2016 10:59 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 10:50 PM)Frizzy Owl Wrote:  Tonight's team isn't going 7-5. Something has to change before next weekend - locker-room gut check or coaching changes or something.

JP reports some anger in the postgame locker room. Didn't say from who. Players already frustrated I imagine.

All we hear is how the players and their parents love DB. Time to get those "feel good" TV packages ready for next week. Rubik's cubes, international student football introduction, move-in help by the team.

RE: PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - GoodOwl - 09-01-2016 11:07 PM

We will have a few extra days to prepare for Army, since we played on Thursday night this opener.

Announcers: "I've been here 9 years and seen Coach Bailiff take this team to new heights."

"It's spine-tingling once you get in that (Army's) stadium, it's beautiful. You can see the Hudson. Sitting here, I'm about to get emotional."

I hope they do more research on local filler patter.

BTW, David bailiff is 3-0 against Army.

RE: PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - Tiki Owl - 09-01-2016 11:10 PM

(09-01-2016 11:07 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  We will have a few extra days to prepare for Army, since we played on Thursday night this opener.

Announcers: "I've been here 9 years and seen Coach Bailiff take this team to new heights."

"It's spine-tingling once you get in that (Army's) stadium, it's beautiful. You can see the Hudson. Sitting here, I'm about to get emotional."

I hope they do more research on local filler patter.

BTW, David bailiff is 3-0 against Army.

Good news is we have seen them the last two years so there is less surprise. Bad news is we should have lost to them last year at home.

RE: PostGame Thread: Rice @ WKU 'mallows - GoodOwl - 09-01-2016 11:11 PM

This game wasn't Transformative;
this game wasn't Incremental;
This game was full-on Backwards.