CSNbbs
MVSU Game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: MVSU Game (/thread-788537.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

MVSU Game - TheWoodenNickle - 08-27-2016 01:36 PM

Time to get a thread started for this game. What are your expectations for this game?

The main thing is to win the game but this is an opportunity for EMU to set the tone for the season and demonstrate the improvement that we've been anticipating. A win by at least 14 would be OK but I'd like to see EMU knock the snot out of someone. A 34-7 type of win is what I want.

Not sure how the offense will look with a new QB but this should be the type of game that EMU rolls up some yards on the ground. Defensively, I really want to see the defense make a statement by shutting them down.

RE: MVSU Game - emu79 - 08-27-2016 01:48 PM

(08-27-2016 01:36 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Time to get a thread started for this game. What are your expectations for this game?

The main thing is to win the game but this is an opportunity for EMU to set the tone for the season and demonstrate the improvement that we've been anticipating. A win by at least 14 would be OK but I'd like to see EMU knock the snot out of someone. A 34-7 type of win is what I want.

Not sure how the offense will look with a new QB but this should be the type of game that EMU rolls up some yards on the ground. Defensively, I really want to see the defense make a statement by shutting them down.

I agree with these goals but want to see how special teams performs especially the fg unit

RE: MVSU Game - FrankAnderson - 08-27-2016 01:51 PM

I'll post some stats from last season, but mark my words, MVSU is BAD. 1-11 last year, including a 66-0 loss their FBS opponent New Mexico. I believe only one loss was less than two scores as well.

RE: MVSU Game - emu steve - 08-27-2016 02:38 PM

(08-27-2016 01:51 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  I'll post some stats from last season, but mark my words, MVSU is BAD. 1-11 last year, including a 66-0 loss their FBS opponent New Mexico. I believe only one loss was less than two scores as well.

VERY BAD.

Should be "Guaranteed Win Night"

http://mvsusports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=58&path=football

RE: MVSU Game - Bob Wickersham - 08-27-2016 03:40 PM

What an awful team. If Eastern doesn't win 49-6, it could be a looooonnnngggg season (again).

MVSU Game - EAGLE KING - 08-27-2016 03:44 PM

"A huge congratulations goes out to @PaulieFric on being named the starting kicker! You earned it [SMIRKING FACE]"

Looks like Fricano won the kicking job, then then the punters tossed him in the cold tub.

RE: MVSU Game - emu steve - 08-27-2016 04:48 PM

(08-27-2016 03:40 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  What an awful team. If Eastern doesn't win 49-6, it could be a looooonnnngggg season (again).

I don't typically say teams have to win by super large margins, but 28 points should be the min. margin.

RE: MVSU Game - EagleTough - 08-27-2016 05:18 PM

(08-27-2016 03:44 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  "A huge congratulations goes out to @PaulieFric on being named the starting kicker! You earned it [SMIRKING FACE]"

Looks like Fricano won the kicking job, then then the punters tossed him in the cold tub.

Yep, and the kid is a walk on. I believe we're wasting 2 other full scholarships on kickers that will never see the field.

RE: MVSU Game - Bob Wickersham - 08-27-2016 05:55 PM

(08-27-2016 04:48 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(08-27-2016 03:40 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  What an awful team. If Eastern doesn't win 49-6, it could be a looooonnnngggg season (again).

I don't typically say teams have to win by super large margins, but 28 points should be the min. margin.
Agree. No if, ands, or buts.

RE: MVSU Game - Bob Wickersham - 08-27-2016 05:59 PM

(08-27-2016 05:18 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(08-27-2016 03:44 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  "A huge congratulations goes out to @PaulieFric on being named the starting kicker! You earned it [SMIRKING FACE]"

Yep, and the kid is a walk on. I believe we're wasting 2 other full scholarships on kickers that will never see the field.
So if a kid doesn't see the field, it is a "wasted scholarship?" Coming from a parent of a player who should know better, I find that statement in poor taste and offensive.

RE: MVSU Game - EMU03' - 08-28-2016 07:26 AM

(08-27-2016 05:18 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  

These things usually work their way out at the end of the season. Coaches have an open competition during fall camp, third string doesn't have scholly renewed at conclusion of season. Glad to have the best man for the job earn it.

RE: MVSU Game - FrankAnderson - 08-29-2016 08:28 AM

I suspect we'll get a press release, and thus a depth chart, sometime this afternoon.

RE: MVSU Game - EAGLE KING - 08-29-2016 08:32 AM

(08-29-2016 08:28 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  I suspect we'll get a press release, and thus a depth chart, sometime this afternoon.

Yea once the MAC Media Conference wraps up probably.

RE: MVSU Game - EAGLE KING - 08-29-2016 09:05 AM

If it wasn't already pretty official, from MAC Media Conference, "Creighton said junior QB Todd Porter will be the starter Friday night. #MACtion #EMUFB #LetsRoll"

RE: MVSU Game - EagleTough - 08-29-2016 10:06 AM

(08-29-2016 09:05 AM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  If it wasn't already pretty official, from MAC Media Conference, "Creighton said junior QB Todd Porter will be the starter Friday night. #MACtion #EMUFB #LetsRoll"

The biggest thing I'd like to see from him, is ZERO turnovers.

The amount of fumbles and picks last year was way too high. Same coaches, let's hope it was a point of emphasis, and improves greatly.

RE: MVSU Game - emu steve - 08-29-2016 02:22 PM

okay, boys and girls, the game notes are out.

http://emueagles.com.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/2016/8/29/Game1_MVSU.pdf?id=4478

RE: MVSU Game - emu steve - 08-29-2016 02:25 PM

Boys and girls, I feel good about the defense not so about the offense.

The (starting) receivers have a TOTAL of 5 (!) starts among them.

http://emueagles.com.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/2016/8/29/Game1_MVSU.pdf?id=4478

RE: MVSU Game - EAGLE KING - 08-29-2016 02:52 PM

A few quick observations looking at the depth chart, 2 freshmen starting at safety in Hoying and Calhoun. Freshmen Jalen Phelps backing up Pace at CB as well. Eriksen wins the backup RB spot, but I'm sure a those below him will see some action. Buschman over Browning at TE. JUCO's Bailey II and Niupalua aside Daughtery at WR, with a few Freshmen in Fuller and Sexton also cracking the depth chart at WR.

RE: MVSU Game - EagleTough - 08-29-2016 03:26 PM

(08-29-2016 02:52 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  A few quick observations looking at the depth chart, 2 freshmen starting at safety in Hoying and Calhoun. Freshmen Jalen Phelps backing up Pace at CB as well. Eriksen wins the backup RB spot, but I'm sure a those below him will see some action. Buschman over Browning at TE. JUCO's Bailey II and Niupalua aside Daughtery at WR, with a few Freshmen in Fuller and Sexton also cracking the depth chart at WR.

You guys like my crystal ball don't you? Come on, say it. Haha

Nice to see Leatiota & Armstrong making these older guys work, and Nielson will be ready on the inside if any of these guys falter, or get injured. Crossing fingers that Gardner and Wylie can stay healthy the entire year. Great to see Eriksen getting his shot, talented local kid.

As far as the WR's, it just shows the lack of talent on the roster. If these brand new juco's are the best guys, gotta let them play. Dieuly is the most talented of all, and hopefully we'll have him back mid-season.

Excited overall, way more talent on that defense than last year. Lot's of new faces on the offense, but should be fine there as well. The new faces on the OL only show that the older guys were underperforming last year, and now they will provide immediate depth in case of injuries. Last year, 1 or 2 OL injuries and the whole offense went in the tank. At WR, the new faces should be fine as well. Is it really a drop off, or anything to worry about? We got exactly nothing out of the position last year, except for Daugherty anyways.

Let's see how it all looks when the lights come on, and the hitting is real.

RE: MVSU Game - EAGLE KING - 08-29-2016 03:28 PM

(08-29-2016 03:26 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(08-29-2016 02:52 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  A few quick observations looking at the depth chart, 2 freshmen starting at safety in Hoying and Calhoun. Freshmen Jalen Phelps backing up Pace at CB as well. Eriksen wins the backup RB spot, but I'm sure a those below him will see some action. Buschman over Browning at TE. JUCO's Bailey II and Niupalua aside Daughtery at WR, with a few Freshmen in Fuller and Sexton also cracking the depth chart at WR.

You guys like my crystal ball don't you? Come on, say it. Haha

I do, only thing better than hearing it from the horses mouth is hearing it from a Dad of a player lol. Thank you for your insight and dedication.