CSNbbs
Anybody Catch Carey on the Score Tonight? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Anybody Catch Carey on the Score Tonight? (/thread-788274.html)

Anybody Catch Carey on the Score Tonight? - DiehardHuskie - 08-24-2016 10:14 PM

I saw Laurence Holmes tweeting, but didn't catch it on the radio.

RE: Anybody Catch Carey on the Score Tonight? - Stay Cool - 08-24-2016 10:16 PM

(08-24-2016 10:14 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  I saw Laurence Holmes tweeting, but didn't catch it on the radio.
He said pack your bags, we're B12 bound.

Also Lynch and Michael Turner are coming back for just this year and UofI agreed to a last minute season opener at Huskie Stadium and Northwestern for homecoming.

...basically, no I didn't

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RE: Anybody Catch Carey on the Score Tonight? - VegasHuskie - 08-24-2016 10:55 PM

(08-24-2016 10:16 PM)Stay Cool Wrote:  
(08-24-2016 10:14 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  I saw Laurence Holmes tweeting, but didn't catch it on the radio.
He said pack your bags, we're B12 bound.

Also Lynch and Michael Turner are coming back for just this year and UofI agreed to a last minute season opener at Huskie Stadium and Northwestern for homecoming.

...basically, no I didn't

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hey, Stay Cool, how is The Score these days? I miss listening to this station. I was around for the early years when Mike North was the star and Boers and Bernsie dispensed their pompous snark on a daily basis.

RE: Anybody Catch Carey on the Score Tonight? - klake87 - 08-25-2016 07:06 AM

usual coach speak. Seems like Frazier and Carey have a good working relationship. Laurence Holmes is awesome. I think he truly enjoys watching NIU football. He will be at the Toledo game at Guarenteed Rate Ballpark.

RE: Anybody Catch Carey on the Score Tonight? - DogPoundNorth - 08-25-2016 07:40 AM

Yes I listened to it:

He talked a lot about developing players and how NIU takes advantage of the Red Shirt to do so.

He spoke about Kenny and Lurry and how talented they are. He talked about how to keep them from not being distracted from the NFL scouts that have come to watch them. Which is just to continue doing what you're doing or else they stop showing up.

He talked about how recruiting is pretty easy when you have the history and the practice facilities that NIU has. He really stresses education when he is in "the room." Our program and wins speak for themselves, in fact most recruits and parents he talks to know all about the successful history of NIU so he doesn't even need to sell it.

He's excited about the game at "Guaranteed Rate Field" (they said sox park) in november. It's important to build a relationship with the chicago alumni.

Laurence, as usual, spoke very highly about NIU and even asked if he could get to a practice. Carey said he will get him a whistle and everything, and Laurence said he can't wait to go the chi town showdown because it's 10 mins from his house.

Carey said its great having a former football player as an AD because he truly gets the needs of the FB team, but that he is great with every sport on campus. Laurence said he doesn't think he could be in the same room with both Carey and Frazier because it might just be too intense.

Much like after his interview with Frazier a few weeks ago, Laurence said he was jacked up and ready to go after talking with Carey. He said those folks at NIU get him more excited than anybody.

RE: Anybody Catch Carey on the Score Tonight? - Dog Fan - 08-25-2016 08:01 AM

(08-25-2016 07:40 AM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  Yes I listened to it:

He talked a lot about developing players and how NIU takes advantage of the Red Shirt to do so.

He spoke about Kenny and Lurry and how talented they are. He talked about how to keep them from not being distracted from the NFL scouts that have come to watch them. Which is just to continue doing what you're doing or else they stop showing up.

He talked about how recruiting is pretty easy when you have the history and the practice facilities that NIU has. He really stresses education when he is in "the room." Our program and wins speak for themselves, in fact most recruits and parents he talks to know all about the successful history of NIU so he doesn't even need to sell it.

He's excited about the game at "Guaranteed Rate Field" (they said sox park) in november. It's important to build a relationship with the chicago alumni.

Laurence, as usual, spoke very highly about NIU and even asked if he could get to a practice. Carey said he will get him a whistle and everything, and Laurence said he can't wait to go the chi town showdown because it's 10 mins from his house.

Carey said its great having a former football player as an AD because he truly gets the needs of the FB team, but that he is great with every sport on campus. Laurence said he doesn't think he could be in the same room with both Carey and Frazier because it might just be too intense.

Much like after his interview with Frazier a few weeks ago, Laurence said he was jacked up and ready to go after talking with Carey. He said those folks at NIU get him more excited than anybody.

Put him in a room with Gisele Bündchen and see if he says the same thing.