CSNbbs
OT Best Tailgate recipes - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: OT Best Tailgate recipes (/thread-788201.html)

Pages: 1 2

OT Best Tailgate recipes - bearcat29 - 08-24-2016 10:50 AM

Finally, we are near the start on another football season.

I love to tailgate and was looking for some new ideas before the game. With some Texas schools, Carolina and Memphis etc I figure we should have some pretty good food being thrown down on the grills .

I'll share one of my favorites.

Big ol' mess ---I substitute Frank's Red hot for tabasco

http://www.food.com/recipe/big-ol-mess-smoked-sausage-in-spicy-sweet-sauce-174747

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - mike012779 - 08-24-2016 10:53 AM

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/buffalo-chicken-dip-recipe.html

Buffalo Chicken Dip..... But I substitute rotisserie chicken in place of canned chicken

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - Hank Schrader - 08-24-2016 10:57 AM

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/easy-breakfast-pizza/22b622e2-2f67-44d2-854f-50422a8029a0

I always pull this one out for the morning tailgates before noon games.

Prep it the night before and throw it on a pizza stone on my grill when we get there.

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - abeandip - 08-24-2016 11:14 AM

Ditch the melon, add some Sriracha to the marinade, wait overnight, put them together, grill and 04-cheers

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/teriyaki-sesame-chicken-skewers-recipe.html

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - bearcatmark - 08-24-2016 12:54 PM

I'm planning on smoking some Eastern North Carolina Style Pulled pork. Any ECU fans have a good Eastern Carolina Barbecue "Sauce" recipe. I mean it's apple cider vinegar, sugar, pepper, red pepper and hot sauce essentially....but anyone have some that turn out great?

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - geosnooker2000 - 08-24-2016 01:05 PM

I have a problem trying to smoke BBQ at the tailgate. For one, actually getting the smoker to the tailgate requires a trailer. No place to store the trailer (on Tiger lane, you get only one parking spot). Secondly, we generally don't have 8 hours (or 5 hours for ribs) - a minimum to properly smoke pork. This is why I generally go with steak sammies on the small travel grill (chuck steaks are awesome for this purpose). We bring a 2 burner hot plate so I can saute' peppers and onions in a cast iron skillet with EVOO. Add a slice of provolone, and that's...... good eats.

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - bearcat29 - 08-24-2016 01:43 PM

(08-24-2016 01:05 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  I have a problem trying to smoke BBQ at the tailgate. For one, actually getting the smoker to the tailgate requires a trailer. No place to store the trailer (on Tiger lane, you get only one parking spot). Secondly, we generally don't have 8 hours (or 5 hours for ribs) - a minimum to properly smoke pork. This is why I generally go with steak sammies on the small travel grill (chuck steaks are awesome for this purpose). We bring a 2 burner hot plate so I can saute' peppers and onions in a cast iron skillet with EVOO. Add a slice of provolone, and that's...... good eats.
I normally smoke the meat at home and wrap them up in foil and place them into a cooler (that has been warmed up prior with hot water).

Then I put them on the grill to crisp them up when I am ready to eat. Smoked ribs and wings are really good that way.

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - geosnooker2000 - 08-24-2016 02:14 PM

(08-24-2016 01:43 PM)bearcat29 Wrote:  
(08-24-2016 01:05 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  I have a problem trying to smoke BBQ at the tailgate. For one, actually getting the smoker to the tailgate requires a trailer. No place to store the trailer (on Tiger lane, you get only one parking spot). Secondly, we generally don't have 8 hours (or 5 hours for ribs) - a minimum to properly smoke pork. This is why I generally go with steak sammies on the small travel grill (chuck steaks are awesome for this purpose). We bring a 2 burner hot plate so I can saute' peppers and onions in a cast iron skillet with EVOO. Add a slice of provolone, and that's...... good eats.
I normally smoke the meat at home and wrap them up in foil and place them into a cooler (that has been warmed up prior with hot water).

Then I put them on the grill to crisp them up when I am ready to eat. Smoked ribs and wings are really good that way.

I actually HAVE unintentionally smoked wings on the travel grill at the game. I intended to grill them, but the coals were on their way down to nothing by the time I got grill space for them. They cooked at smoker-type temps for about 1 1/2 hours, and they were GOOOOOOD. I've tried to recreate since, to no avail...

OT Best Tailgate recipes - Westhoff123 - 08-24-2016 02:47 PM

(08-24-2016 02:14 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(08-24-2016 01:43 PM)bearcat29 Wrote:  

I actually HAVE unintentionally smoked wings on the travel grill at the game. I intended to grill them, but the coals were on their way down to nothing by the time I got grill space for them. They cooked at smoker-type temps for about 1 1/2 hours, and they were GOOOOOOD. I've tried to recreate since, to no avail...

Use smoking chips works like a charm!

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - geosnooker2000 - 08-24-2016 03:27 PM

No, I'm talking about trying to maintain 200 - 225f on a grill like this:

[Image: 70932225-045e-4737-b588-532ad238d2dd_1.7...nBg=FFFFFF]

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - Westhoff123 - 08-24-2016 03:32 PM

(08-24-2016 03:27 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  No, I'm talking about trying to maintain 200 - 225f on a grill like this:

[Image: 70932225-045e-4737-b588-532ad238d2dd_1.7...nBg=FFFFFF]

I know but you can do it with smoking chips, or just break up the coals into smaller pieces and you can get them to a smoking level. I use to do it all the time with a grill like that because I was to poor to buy a smoker.

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - Carolina_Low_Country - 08-24-2016 06:26 PM

(08-24-2016 12:54 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I'm planning on smoking some Eastern North Carolina Style Pulled pork. Any ECU fans have a good Eastern Carolina Barbecue "Sauce" recipe. I mean it's apple cider vinegar, sugar, pepper, red pepper and hot sauce essentially....but anyone have some that turn out great?

You nailed it. FYI we chop don't pull pork. Also it's not called Pulled Pork it's called BBQ ie Eastern Carolina BBQ. It would be like calling Cinci Chilli spaghetti when they put it on spaghetti noodles it's still just Chili.

A good sauce to try and you can order online is George's Sauce. Cooking a shoulder on the grill, do a pound an hour on a good constant temp.

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - geosnooker2000 - 08-24-2016 07:23 PM

(08-24-2016 01:05 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  ... I generally go with steak sammies on the small travel grill (chuck steaks are awesome for this purpose). We bring a 2 burner hot plate so I can saute' peppers and onions in a cast iron skillet with EVOO. Add a slice of provolone, and that's...... good eats.

Back to my steak sammies, the only problem is, I really like the hoagies you get in a restaurant for a steak sandwich like the one you would get at O'Charly's, but it's tough finding that kind of quality in the store. Any suggestions? Like a sourdough role? Brand names?

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - CheeseSndwch - 08-24-2016 09:18 PM

Whiskey.

You're welcome. 02-13-banana

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - Wavetime - 08-24-2016 09:38 PM

http://www.footballnation.com/content/how-to-tailgate-new-orleans-style/7088/

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - NYCTUFan - 08-25-2016 04:19 PM

Beef Spiedini AKA Italian Stuffed Flank Steak.

Put them together and cut them before you leave the house or even the night before, pop them on the grill when you get to the game and you are eating in 10 minutes. You need to make more than you expect because they are easy to eat and addictive. Enjoy.

http://www.thechunkychef.com/italian-stuffed-flank-steak/

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - geosnooker2000 - 08-25-2016 04:38 PM

(08-25-2016 04:19 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  Beef Spiedini AKA Italian Stuffed Flank Steak.

Put them together and cut them before you leave the house or even the night before, pop them on the grill when you get to the game and you are eating in 10 minutes. You need to make more than you expect because they are easy to eat and addictive. Enjoy.

That is def. going into the rotation! Thanks!!! 04-cheers

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - NYCTUFan - 08-26-2016 10:51 AM

(08-25-2016 04:38 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(08-25-2016 04:19 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  Beef Spiedini AKA Italian Stuffed Flank Steak.

That is def. going into the rotation! Thanks!!! 04-cheers

It's my pleasure. 04-cheers

RE: OT Best Tailgate recipes - Pony94 - 08-26-2016 10:53 AM

(08-24-2016 09:18 PM)CheeseSndwch Wrote:  Whiskey.

You're welcome. 02-13-banana

Yeah, why ruin your drinking with food

OT Best Tailgate recipes - tnzazz - 08-27-2016 07:52 AM

(08-24-2016 07:23 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(08-24-2016 01:05 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  ... I generally go with steak sammies on the small travel grill (chuck steaks are awesome for this purpose). We bring a 2 burner hot plate so I can saute' peppers and onions in a cast iron skillet with EVOO. Add a slice of provolone, and that's...... good eats.

Back to my steak sammies, the only problem is, I really like the hoagies you get in a restaurant for a steak sandwich like the one you would get at O'Charly's, but it's tough finding that kind of quality in the store. Any suggestions? Like a sourdough role? Brand names?

Man, I have that same problem for my sandwiches. It sucks.