CSNbbs
Roback suspended - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Roback suspended (/thread-788083.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Roback suspended - vannzee - 08-23-2016 11:31 AM

Violation of team rules, out indefinitely per the Detroit News and Freep.

Roback suspended - vannzee - 08-23-2016 11:33 AM

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2016/08/23/brogan-roback-suspended-eastern-michigan/89201308/

RE: Roback suspended - EAGLE KING - 08-23-2016 11:58 AM

Well that explains Porter getting all the reps. Wonder how long it will be for? So much for a season without QB controversy.

RE: Roback suspended - emu steve - 08-23-2016 12:01 PM

(08-23-2016 11:58 AM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  Well that explains Porter getting all the reps. Wonder how long it will be for? So much for a season without QB controversy.

Pls. let's not have another 1 -11 or 0 - 12 disaster on our hands this year...

Beat MVSU!!!

Roback suspended - vannzee - 08-23-2016 12:19 PM

Reggie Ball ain't walking thru that door

RE: Roback suspended - FrankAnderson - 08-23-2016 12:27 PM

My fingers will be perpetually crossed that Porter has a legitimate D1 arm until October.

He's been on the roster since January correct? He was here for Spring Ball?

RE: Roback suspended - candela - 08-23-2016 12:30 PM

(08-23-2016 12:27 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  My fingers will be perpetually crossed that Porter has a legitimate D1 arm until October?

He's been on the roster since January correct? He was here for Spring Ball?

Yes he was there for spring ball

RE: Roback suspended - emu79 - 08-23-2016 12:44 PM

Curious as to when these infractions occurred? A while back or are they of recent vintage? Shocking that this suspension was made public when previous ones have been kept under wraps. Was there dissention being sowed about the QB position?

I'm guessing here but no redshirt year for Stiebeling. He may be thrown in the fray early.

Wow suspensions, player ego problems, academics, injury or Roback, Ben B., Tuttle and Brown.

At some point here you'd think the players know the rules and the expectations and the consequences. Its not up to the coach or staff to water down the rules its up to the players to meet them.

I'm also going out on a limb here but thinking this maybe Roback's last year at EMU.

RE: Roback suspended - masttg - 08-23-2016 12:47 PM

Also, the line got thinner: Terrel has hung up his cleats due medical issues.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

RE: Roback suspended - emu79 - 08-23-2016 12:50 PM

(08-23-2016 12:47 PM)masttg Wrote:  Also, the line got thinner: Terrel has hung up his cleats due medical issues.

That's always sad to hear, I remember a TE from English's team that happened to.

RE: Roback suspended - FrankAnderson - 08-23-2016 01:30 PM

Per his Twitter, Roback is at practice today.

RE: Roback suspended - emu steve - 08-23-2016 01:53 PM

(08-23-2016 12:47 PM)masttg Wrote:  Also, the line got thinner: Terrel has hung up his cleats due medical issues.

Is there any depth on this team? 03-banghead

RE: Roback suspended - Ken Barna - 08-23-2016 02:05 PM

Dear steve,
One player from all the offensive linemen Eastern has won't hurt the depth. In this year's media guide Terrell was behind Steven Nielsen. As far as Roback goes, we will have to wait and see what caused the suspension, and how long it lasts. Let's not start the sky is falling scenario again. (not that you started the last one)

RE: Roback suspended - emu steve - 08-23-2016 02:43 PM

(08-23-2016 02:05 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear steve,
One player from all the offensive linemen Eastern has won't hurt the depth. In this year's media guide Terrell was behind Steven Nielsen. As far as Roback goes, we will have to wait and see what caused the suspension, and how long it lasts. Let's not start the sky is falling scenario again. (not that you started the last one)

It wasn't simply one player. It has been one player say 10 x over.

Too much attrition the last few weeks...

RE: Roback suspended - TheWoodenNickle - 08-23-2016 02:47 PM

Anyone know if this is something simple like missing a practice or being late for a meeting? Or is it something more serious?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Roback suspended - FrankAnderson - 08-23-2016 02:58 PM

(08-23-2016 02:47 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Anyone know if this is something simple like missing a practice or being late for a meeting? Or is it something more serious?

As I said, Roback is still being allowed to practice, so I don't imagine it could be too serious a matter. My guess is he's probably suspended 2-4 games.

RE: Roback suspended - 2Intense - 08-23-2016 03:43 PM

In was a first strike, one time thing that occurred months ago and Roback learned his lesson. My understanding is he is allowed to participate in team activities but is out for one game after which I expect he will be back and likely more motivated than ever. Remember, these are 20 something kids and mistakes are made. What's important is that they're learned from. Kudos to the coach for sticking to his guns.

RE: Roback suspended - TheWoodenNickle - 08-23-2016 03:50 PM

(08-23-2016 03:43 PM)2Intense Wrote:  In was a first strike, one time thing that occurred months ago and Roback learned his lesson. He's out for one game and he will be back and likely more motivated than ever. Remember, these are 20 something kids and mistakes are made. What's important is that they're learned from. Kudos to the coach for sticking to his guns.
Thanks for the info. That explains why Porter has been getting more reps.

If this happened at Alabama or Ohio State I am sure that he would get a one series suspension at most. Glad we have a coach that holds the young men accountable for their actions.

RE: Roback suspended - EagleTough - 08-23-2016 04:02 PM

The team depth, and the team in general is just fine, with or without Roback or Terrell. As mentioned, Terrell had already been bypassed by Nielson, and his knees are so bad he was done. Opportunities for the younger guys to step up.

The players are just as confident with Porter, as they are with Roback. We'll see how he performs in game situations and go from there. The likelihood that Roback suddenly morphed into an all MAC player this year was slim to begin with. Being suspended, going into your Junior year, knowing the job is 100% yours, only gives more credence to the argument that he just doesn't have what it takes to be the leader of this team.

He'll be back if needed, but Porter may just take the reins and run with his opportunity. Definitely doesn't have the arm talent that Roback has, but what is arm talent if you don't have the mental or leadership qualities to go along with it?

If Roback ends up the backup, or transferring, it is 100% on him. If Porter doesn't show the talent, and Roback comes back and redeems himself and plays really well, maybe it will be remembered as the great turning point.

The good news about Stiebeling is that he is apparently mature beyond his years, has a little edge/confidence to him, and has already earned the respect of his teammates. He is already the third QB at this point (actually the backup while Roback suspended).

We'll be ready to go come Sept. 2nd! Everyone relax......and get to the game.

RE: Roback suspended - TimBuck2 - 08-23-2016 04:04 PM

Creighton finally has a QB that he brought in as the starter. No excuse now for CC, even if Porter is new to the program.