CSNbbs
Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd (/thread-787921.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - ODU Oldtimer - 08-21-2016 05:28 PM

FREE Tickets for Students "Registration Times"

Available starting Monday August 22 ODU students can register/reserve free tickets for the Hampton game to be played 9/3.

UTSA Homecoming registration starts Monday 9/12 for the game scheduled to be played 9/24

The Parents Weekend game against UMass that is scheduled for 10/8, students can start Registration for FREE tickets September 26. All Students tickets first come first served.

Students can also purchase up to 4 general admission guest tickets per ODU FB game(s) for $15 each. Seating is in North end zone. #ODUSports

Twitter info... https://twitter.com/ODUFootball

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - AimHigher - 08-21-2016 05:44 PM

Dang sounds like tickets are easy to get nowadays. Most folks say ticket demand is down because of our losses over the last two season but I have also noticed that since we reseated we have lost a lot of fans that where with us the first 4 years. I wonder if reseating impacts season tickets. I hope they don't reseat again after this season it'd be a waste of time for only two seasons 17-18.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - ODU Oldtimer - 08-21-2016 06:10 PM

(08-21-2016 05:44 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  Dang sounds like tickets are easy to get nowadays. Most folks say ticket demand is down because of our losses over the last two season but I have also noticed that since we reseated we have lost a lot of fans that where with us the first 4 years. I wonder if reseating impacts season tickets. I hope they don't reseat again after this season it'd be a waste of time for only two seasons 17-18.

They have offered student tickets for free with the restart of football in 2009. They have also offered the guest tickets for students, in years past. I believe they have increased the number of student tickets that have been available from last years by 600 to 4,500 tickets. Season tickets have declined and as of Wednesday, ODU had sold 12,822 season tickets. ODU sold out season tickets every seasons. In 2013, it sold 15,037 season tickets, but sales then began to decline. They dipped to 13,755 in 2015. However, ODU didn’t sell out season tickets until late August the past two years, so I have faith.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - AimHigher - 08-21-2016 06:13 PM

I dont recall students being able to buy 4 guests tickets per game

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - ODU Oldtimer - 08-21-2016 07:10 PM

(08-21-2016 06:13 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  I dont recall students being able to buy 4 guests tickets per game

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Not sure if it was 4, but thy could purchase guest tickets at a reduced rate. Not sure how many.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - Jackie Moon - 08-21-2016 07:35 PM

Seems like interest is falling off...

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - JChandler - 08-21-2016 08:56 PM

Students have been able to purchase guest tickets for both football and basketball, but in the past they have been limited to two guest tickets per game at a slightly reduced rate. This year the limit is four tickets per game and the price is $15. The guest tickets come from a block set aside within the student allotment. The additional student seats created by shifting all the student seating to the end zone allowed for the increase in the guest ticket limit. Students were asking for access to more guest tickets. Helps connect new people to ODU football, and students and their guests are more likely to attend when someone has paid for a ticket.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - ODU Oldtimer - 08-21-2016 09:03 PM

(08-21-2016 08:56 PM)JChandler Wrote:  Students have been able to purchase guest tickets for both football and basketball, but in the past they have been limited to two guest tickets per game at a slightly reduced rate. This year the limit is four tickets per game and the price is $15. The guest tickets come from a block set aside within the student allotment. The additional student seats created by shifting all the student seating to the end zone allowed for the increase in the guest ticket limit. Students were asking for access to more guest tickets. Helps expose more fans to ODU football, and students and their guests are more likely to attend when someone has paid for a ticket.

Thanks for the clarification, I think it will be a plus for this year. What's going on with the cannon.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - JChandler - 08-21-2016 09:14 PM

Cannon will be back this season. Trying to shift the planned military flyover to the Nov 12th game with So Miss, because the kick time for the Nov 5th Military Appreciation game with Marshall got set for 7pm and it will be dark at kick off. Looking good but still waiting for confirmation.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - ODUsmitty - 08-21-2016 09:15 PM

Thank you for your monitoring and updating on the board. We love the cannon!

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - ETSUDB8-79 - 08-21-2016 09:25 PM

(08-21-2016 09:14 PM)JChandler Wrote:  Cannon will be back this season. Trying to shift the planned military flyover to the Nov 12th game with So Miss, because the kick time for the Nov 5th Military Appreciation game with Marshall got set for 7pm and it will be dark at kick off. Looking good but still waiting for confirmation.

+1 thank you 04-cheers

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - Monarchist13 - 08-22-2016 05:47 AM

Please stop calling the tickets free. Students are paying their activity/athletic fee. And at $114.01 per credit hour or $1368.12 per 12 hours, they are paying more towards the athletic department than the average ODAF member. And all that guarantees them is one free non-transferable ticket.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - ODU2K1 - 08-22-2016 07:12 AM

(08-22-2016 05:47 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  Please stop calling the tickets free. Students are paying their activity/athletic fee. And at $114.01 per credit hour or $1368.12 per 12 hours, they are paying more towards the athletic department than the average ODAF member. And all that guarantees them is one free non-transferable ticket.

That is moderately misleading. Of the Student Activity fee only $49.03 per hour ($588.36 per semester) is going to athletics. The rest is going to a gang of other stuff: STUDENT ACTIVITY FEE BREAKDOWN The students are getting an amazing deal on athletics.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - Mr.BigBlue - 08-22-2016 07:19 AM

Students should support athletics through their fees because it is part of the college experience. Also they should show up to the games. Make it mandatory that all Greek organizations not hold events during game times and make it part of the requirement for maintaining their charters. We have +20K students and we can't even get a 10% participation rate...they should be ashamed ! That is horrible school pride. The VP for Student and Enrollment services should be doing everything she can to engage the students and build school pride and support.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - Monarchist13 - 08-22-2016 07:52 AM

(08-22-2016 07:12 AM)ODU2K1 Wrote:  
(08-22-2016 05:47 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  Please stop calling the tickets free. Students are paying their activity/athletic fee. And at $114.01 per credit hour or $1368.12 per 12 hours, they are paying more towards the athletic department than the average ODAF member. And all that guarantees them is one free non-transferable ticket.

That is moderately misleading. Of the Student Activity fee only $49.03 per hour ($588.36 per semester) is going to athletics. The rest is going to a gang of other stuff: STUDENT ACTIVITY FEE BREAKDOWN The students are getting an amazing deal on athletics.

Are they though? $588 per semester is still $1176 per year.

1 Football season ticket; $187 plus tax
1 basketball season ticket; $225 plus tax
1 Baseball season ticket book; $50 plus tax
1 soccer season ticket book; $25 plus tax
Total; $487 plus tax

I did not include a ODAF donation since it isn't necessary for where the students sit. I'm not sure what wrestling, lacrosse or field hockey tickets cost. But those tickets won't get you anywhere near the $1.1k they are paying annually.

Let me say that I have no issue with students paying the activity fee. Athletics help market the university better than anything else. It's a worthwhile investment for them. But to call their tickets free is a fallacy that should stop now.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - ODU2K1 - 08-22-2016 08:54 AM

(08-22-2016 07:52 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(08-22-2016 07:12 AM)ODU2K1 Wrote:  

Are they though? $588 per semester is still $1176 per year.

1 Football season ticket; $187 plus tax
1 basketball season ticket; $225 plus tax
1 Baseball season ticket book; $50 plus tax
1 soccer season ticket book; $25 plus tax
Total; $487 plus tax

Your numbers are a bit low. You need to add:
1 women's basketball season ticket: $100
1 soccer ticket book (women): $25
1 wrestling ticket book: $25
Total additional: $150

New Total: $637.00

To answer you question yes the kids are getting a steal. They don't have to give to ODAF and they get pretty good seats if they get to the stadiums or Ted early. We can call the student tickets free, allocated, contractually required, previously purchased. I don't care as long as they pick them up, show up and show out, and don't bring their friends from the opponent to sit with them.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - mac - 08-22-2016 09:02 AM

Interest is falling off for sure. Even Harry Minium, as big a homer as there is, admits it.

"This promotion comes at a crucial time for ODU, less than five weeks before the opener at home against Hampton University. It's no secret that ODU season-ticket sales have declined in recent years."

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/harry-minium/priority-to-give-away-odu-football-season-tickets-for-every/article_71beb8a9-20c1-5f29-92fb-c93191c7e505.html

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - Gilesfan - 08-22-2016 09:53 AM

(08-22-2016 09:02 AM)mac Wrote:  Interest is falling off for sure. Even Harry Minium, as big a homer as there is, admits it.

"This promotion comes at a crucial time for ODU, less than five weeks before the opener at home against Hampton University. It's no secret that ODU season-ticket sales have declined in recent years."

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/harry-minium/priority-to-give-away-odu-football-season-tickets-for-every/article_71beb8a9-20c1-5f29-92fb-c93191c7e505.html

This is what I've been saying for months. College football ticket sales are going in the tank. Im not sure what the answer is.

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - Old Dominion - 08-22-2016 09:56 AM

I remember WS predicting a down turn in sales once we hit FBS and had a few losing seasons. We'll have to wait and see how short (if at all) they fall in selling out, but I don't think this is unexpected or reason to be concerned, in the short term. Better team performance, high quality AAC teams and a new stadium will ultimately put the brakes on declining sales. I think for a new program with no legacy ticket sales or a huge alumni base we're doing just fine. I for one would like to see more effort to get blue collar "townies" more involved, such as at the shipyards, piers, any kind of well paid labor type jobs. There's plenty of money in skilled craft positions, and we don't do anything to court this crowd.UFC, NFL, ODU.

Speaking of "crafts" What, if anything is being done to get some sponsorship or involvement from all these Micro-Brew companies starting up? There is a BIG one opening up in VB that should be a target. Why not solicit a beer named for us? Big Blue ale! sell at games in trucks, etc etc, beer garden

RE: Students can get their FREE tickets for Hampton starting MONDAY Aug 22nd - ODU Oldtimer - 08-22-2016 11:25 AM

(08-22-2016 09:53 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(08-22-2016 09:02 AM)mac Wrote:  Interest is falling off for sure. Even Harry Minium, as big a homer as there is, admits it.

This is what I've been saying for months. College football ticket sales are going in the tank. Im not sure what the answer is.

I do think there will be another huge upswing in ticket interest in the next few years. Especially when you look at the schedule and the building of the "New Stadium" all of this will contribute to a renascence of interest in football again.

2016 -17 Schedule
09/02 - Albany
09/09 - at UMass
09/16 - North Carolina Home Game
09/23 - at Virginia Tech

2017 -18 Schedule
09/08 - VMI
09/22 - Virginia Tech Home Game
09/29 - at East Carolina
11/17 - at Virginia

2018 -19 Schedule
09/07 - at Virginia Tech
09/14 - Buffalo
09/28 - East Carolina Home Game

The new Stadium to open in 2019

2019 -20 Schedule
09/12 - at Buffalo
09/19 - Wake Forest Home Game
09/26 - at North Carolina
11/21 - Virginia Home Game

Basketball has had very good attendance and we are again on a upward swing with season tickets for the men's games. Winning is important, but there are other factors that will play into the ebb and flow of the general publics interest.

The suggestion that some one had in reference to the Greek originations (Fraternities and Sororities) mandating a certain number of game they had to participate in or attend for their members is a fantastic concept. If the Fraternities and Sororities (Greek organizations), had stronger participation it "would or could " start a new student Monarch Maniac surge to show up and act out for the games. That would be great for the atmosphere and may create a snowball of interest from the students in general. I would imagine it would become infectious and you would see more people enjoy and want to be a part of the "PRIDE" to be a Monarch supporter,