CSNbbs
Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame (/thread-786035.html)

Pages: 1 2

Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - domer1978 - 08-02-2016 03:48 PM

Glad to have the game back
http://wwmt.com/news/local/emails-detail-michigans-pricey-decision-to-dump-arkansas-for-notre-dame

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - TerryD - 08-02-2016 04:59 PM

Ouch on that $2 million dollar haircut. Man, I feel so bad for Michigan.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - MplsBison - 08-02-2016 05:02 PM

Peanuts

Re: RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - shere khan - 08-02-2016 05:26 PM

(08-02-2016 04:59 PM)TerryD Wrote:  Ouch on that $2 million dollar haircut. Man, I feel so bad for Michigan.

Beat them for it. Icing on the cake

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - billybobby777 - 08-02-2016 06:00 PM

Arky will play their first ever true OOC road game outside of Arkansas or Dallas. It will be vs ECU @ Dowdy F---no just kidding.
Cheers!

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - billybobby777 - 08-02-2016 06:02 PM

Arky will play their first ever game vs an in state opponent. That's more believable.
Cheers!

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - CardinalJim - 08-02-2016 06:39 PM

Wonder who Beliema will be rooting for the next OSU Michigan game
First his wife gets into it with an Ohio State assistant coach's wife. Now Michigan dumps his Hawgs..
CJ

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - Wolfman - 08-02-2016 07:04 PM

Add $20 per ticket and they break even.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - hawghiggs - 08-02-2016 08:28 PM

August 32 ?

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - goofus - 08-02-2016 08:30 PM

A real contender would have kept both Arky and ND on the schedule. what a bunch of pretenders.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - hawghiggs - 08-02-2016 08:42 PM

I'm glad we aren't playing Michigan. We don't have any history with the program. I'd rather replace it with Houston.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - rath v2.0 - 08-02-2016 08:45 PM

I can't believe taxpayer watchdog groups and donors do not scream breach of fiduciary duty when it comes to this stuff.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - MplsBison - 08-02-2016 10:07 PM

Huh?? College football is not an investment.

There is no such thing as ROI for college football.

You either spent as much as you could in attempt to win as much as possible, or you didn't.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - arkstfan - 08-02-2016 10:58 PM

(08-02-2016 06:02 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Arky will play their first ever game vs an in state opponent. That's more believable.
Cheers!

No I'd believe traveling to ECU before scheduling in-state. They have had fits in baseball because they have such a hard time getting anyone to travel in for a midweek game and usually end up with schools with horrible RPI's when they could play AState, UA-Little Rock, or Central Arkansas and usually get a good RPI opponent out of it or even play their sister school UA-Pine Bluff and get the normal bad SWAC RPI but help the most financially struggling Division I baseball program in the state.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - Wedge - 08-03-2016 02:18 AM

(08-02-2016 10:58 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 06:02 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Arky will play their first ever game vs an in state opponent. That's more believable.
Cheers!

No I'd believe traveling to ECU before scheduling in-state. They have had fits in baseball because they have such a hard time getting anyone to travel in for a midweek game and usually end up with schools with horrible RPI's when they could play AState, UA-Little Rock, or Central Arkansas and usually get a good RPI opponent out of it or even play their sister school UA-Pine Bluff and get the normal bad SWAC RPI but help the most financially struggling Division I baseball program in the state.

The Hogs don't play in-state schools in any varsity sport? That's absurd.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - Kaplony - 08-03-2016 02:59 AM

(08-02-2016 06:00 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Arky will play their first ever true OOC road game outside of Arkansas or Dallas. It will be vs ECU @ Dowdy F---no just kidding.
Cheers!

I know it's in vogue to pick on SEC teams about their OOC scheduling practices but Arkansas has played true OOC road games at Texas Tech and Rutgers in recent years and has played @ USC since the turn of the century. Sure they could do better, but they aren't Florida who hasn't played a OOC game outside of the Sunshine state in a quarter century.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - arkstfan - 08-03-2016 07:47 AM

(08-03-2016 02:18 AM)Wedge Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 10:58 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
Cheers!

The Hogs don't play in-state schools in any varsity sport? That's absurd.

No regular in-season competition in women's athletics since women's sports moved from AIAWA to NCAA and none in men's sports in at least 70 years.
Sum total of in-state play:
One NIT game in Fayetteville vs AState, won by UA in OT
One WNIT game in Jonesboro vs. AState, won handily by AState
One NCAA women's volleyball tournament match in Fayetteville won by UA over Ark-LR.

While it once made some sense in football before things changed so much, no idea why baseball, volleyball, tennis, etc don't play. With declining interest in basketball, even adding a hoops to the line-up would make sense but, that's just how it is.

Sort of glad its that way in football, there hasn't be a "you must choose sides moment" so we've had an easier path to growing fan base. AState sold almost as many season tickets last year as we averaged in attendance in 2001.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - MickMack - 08-03-2016 08:11 AM

(08-03-2016 02:59 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 06:00 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Arky will play their first ever true OOC road game outside of Arkansas or Dallas. It will be vs ECU @ Dowdy F---no just kidding.
Cheers!

I know it's in vogue to pick on SEC teams about their OOC scheduling practices but Arkansas has played true OOC road games at Texas Tech and Rutgers in recent years and has played @ USC since the turn of the century. Sure they could do better, but they aren't Florida who hasn't played a OOC game outside of the Sunshine state in a quarter century.

Why should they? SEC teams know they have plenty to handle in conference. It was the same on the basketball side when UC was in the Big East. Out of conference games didn't matter as much.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - HeartOfDixie - 08-03-2016 08:22 AM

It makes sense why they would.

It's no real loss for Arkansas and it makes a lot of sense for Michigan.

RE: Emails detail Michigan’s pricey decision to dump Arkansas for Notre Dame - Captain Bearcat - 08-03-2016 11:07 AM

(08-03-2016 07:47 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  While it once made some sense in football before things changed so much, no idea why baseball, volleyball, tennis, etc don't play. With declining interest in basketball, even adding a hoops to the line-up would make sense but, that's just how it is.

Basketball does not have declining interest.

D1 attendance is up over 15% since 2000 (average attendance of 5,552 in 2015 vs 4,508 in 2000), and that's despite adding 28 new bottom feeders to the D1 ranks.

The problem with NCAA basketball is that the NCAA controls the money. Unlike football, where the conferences control the money.