CSNbbs
I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... (/thread-785894.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - FlyHawk98 - 08-01-2016 02:59 PM

I remember the first time we played them and it was 42-0 in like the 2nd quarter. I was happy that our staff called off the dogs, and was being nice.

ODU fans have gotten to big for their britches. So has their coach with his recent whining at the media day because ODU was picked 5th in the East.

It's time for the other teams in CUSA to actually put them in their place. Don't hold back this year.

Hang 100 if we can!

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - FlyHawk98 - 08-01-2016 03:01 PM

On second thought....would ODU even finish the game if it got that bad?

History says no they would not.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - EagleX - 08-01-2016 03:17 PM

someone's cornflakes have odu urine on them.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - BlueRaiderBoy - 08-01-2016 03:30 PM

I like ODU and I'm glad they are in CUSA. BUT, BUT, and BUT! 05-stirthepot
1. So far ODU has not been competitive in FB,
2. What in the Begeeezus is this nonsense about Monarchs being a top candidate for anybody else's conference expansion moves?
3. Has ODU won any major conference championships in any sport while in CUSA?
4. When does MT get a shot at playing ODU again?

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - Shrack - 08-01-2016 03:46 PM

(08-01-2016 03:30 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  I like ODU and I'm glad they are in CUSA. BUT, BUT, and BUT! 05-stirthepot
2. What in the Begeeezus is this nonsense about Monarchs being a top candidate for anybody else's conference expansion moves?

Money/budget talks. Their budget was 63rd in the country 2014-2015 and more than 10 million dollars higher than anyone else's in CUSA. That's why they are at least in the discussion.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - Cyniclone - 08-01-2016 03:59 PM

(08-01-2016 03:30 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  I like ODU and I'm glad they are in CUSA. BUT, BUT, and BUT! 05-stirthepot

I'll have you know that ODU is the undisputed top CUSA school in wrestling, field hockey, rowing, sailing AND women's lacrosse.

And ODU rowing is already in the Big 12, so the obvious play is to have the rest of the programs join them.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - bit_9 - 08-01-2016 04:04 PM

(08-01-2016 03:59 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  

I'll have you know that ODU is the undisputed top CUSA school in wrestling, field hockey, rowing, sailing AND women's lacrosse.

And ODU rowing is already in the Big 12, so the obvious play is to have the rest of the programs join them.

[Image: crossing_fingers_kevin_bacon.gif]

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - bit_9 - 08-01-2016 04:09 PM

(08-01-2016 02:59 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  I remember the first time we played them and it was 42-0 in like the 2nd quarter. I was happy that our staff called off the dogs, and was being nice.

ODU fans have gotten to big for their britches. So has their coach with his recent whining at the media day because ODU was picked 5th in the East.

It's time for the other teams in CUSA to actually put them in their place. Don't hold back this year.

Hang 100 if we can!

I ask of you...
[Image: cover_pee_us.gif]

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - FlyHawk98 - 08-01-2016 04:23 PM

(08-01-2016 03:46 PM)Shrack Wrote:  

Money/budget talks. Their budget was 63rd in the country 2014-2015 and more than 10 million dollars higher than anyone else's in CUSA. That's why they are at least in the discussion.

Also 64.6% subsidized.

Over $28 million of their budget comes from student fees.

Is their budget still impressive?

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - Cyniclone - 08-01-2016 04:32 PM

(08-01-2016 04:23 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  

Also 64.6% subsidized.

And again, in Virginia, you can't use tuition or state taxes to fund athletics, so unless you're comparing ODU (or any other Virginia schools) to schools that also must work within those parameters, student fee subsidy comparisons don't paint an accurate picture of funding.

I'm sure ODU would have a much lower student fee subsidy if they were allowed to raise tuition specifically to fund athletics.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - olliebaba - 08-01-2016 04:51 PM

Someone had to come in and jump into Easy U.'s shoes. Remember when Ecu was the undisputed champ of about everything in their fans eyes when they were in cusa? Except in the trophy room. Let the young whippersnappers brag about their school that's all they have to show for it.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - 12thmonarch - 08-01-2016 04:55 PM

(08-01-2016 04:23 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  

Also 64.6% subsidized.

I saw your whining on other thread too where apparently no one even cared what you said. Anyways back to the point. Can Marshal charge their students that much and still see that many students attend? I promise you despite that ballooned numbers coming into our budget reporting we are still one of the cheapest schools in VA. If you are sour from some one mentioning ODU as the top candidate for expansion yadayada you obviously are stupid to even start this thread and are barking at the wrong tree.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - 12thmonarch - 08-01-2016 05:01 PM

(08-01-2016 04:51 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Someone had to come in and jump into Easy U.'s shoes. Remember when Ecu was the undisputed champ of about everything in their fans eyes when they were in cusa? Except in the trophy room. Let the young whippersnappers brag about their school that's all they have to show for it.

What happened did some Norfolk boys made fun of you after your last trip to Norfolk?

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - BlueRaiderBoy - 08-01-2016 05:03 PM

I salute ODU's achievements in Wrestling, field Hockey and Rowing. Unfortunately, AACK doesn't sponsor Wrestling or Field Hockey or Men's Rowing.03-lmfao

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - Blue_Trombone - 08-01-2016 05:12 PM

(08-01-2016 02:59 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  I remember the first time we played them and it was 42-0 in like the 2nd quarter. I was happy that our staff called off the dogs, and was being nice.

Hang 100 if we can!

You're precious.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - Cyniclone - 08-01-2016 05:13 PM

(08-01-2016 05:03 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  I salute ODU's achievements in Wrestling, field Hockey and Rowing. Unfortunately, AACK doesn't sponsor Wrestling or Field Hockey or Men's Rowing.03-lmfao

Actually, the Big East agreed to sponsor field hockey and take in Temple and UConn, so field hockey is sort of like the kid from the broken family who went to live with his mother and has awkward dinners with his parents every month at Applebee's where he silently runs his chicken tenders through the honey mustard on his plate while the Big East and AAC passive-aggressively discuss support payments.

And rowing is already in the Big 12, so clearly ODU is cutting out the middleman, or the coxswain or whatever.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - CameramanJ - 08-01-2016 05:30 PM

...our place is clearly in the AAC, haven't you heard? And you're offering to put us there? Fantastic! Will there be enough room in the Marsha-mobile for our stuff too, or will we need to rent a trailer? And I don't think your vehicle has the fuel economy to get us there on just salt and carrots. Better funnel in some more of that sweet, sweet desperation to get us through the last few miles.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - mturn017 - 08-01-2016 05:59 PM

03-lmfao

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - Dawgxas - 08-01-2016 06:05 PM

They're not. It is all speculation from their writer that covers ODU. All the references have been to his articles. He is there to promote ODU so he's speculating that ODU is top candidate.

Since the CFP payout is based off competitiveness, I would think a more establish and at least a team with a 1 winning season would be favored over ODU or Charlotte. And before you say but but but their budget is higher than most, remember that ODU also has the one the highest subsidized budget.

RE: I believe its time to put ODU in their place.... - Ole Blue - 08-01-2016 06:06 PM

(08-01-2016 05:13 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(08-01-2016 05:03 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  I salute ODU's achievements in Wrestling, field Hockey and Rowing. Unfortunately, AACK doesn't sponsor Wrestling or Field Hockey or Men's Rowing.03-lmfao

Actually, the Big East agreed to sponsor field hockey and take in Temple and UConn, so field hockey is sort of like the kid from the broken family who went to live with his mother and has awkward dinners with his parents every month at Applebee's where he silently runs his chicken tenders through the honey mustard on his plate while the Big East and AAC passive-aggressively discuss support payments.

And rowing is already in the Big 12, so clearly ODU is cutting out the middleman, or the coxswain or whatever.

Great ! So they can take your crappiness in everything else and your good sports go to other conferences? Now THAT is a deal ! 05-stirthepot 03-lmfao