CSNbbs
Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM (/thread-785460.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - 3601 - 07-28-2016 09:38 AM

Said any claims that school A and/or school b are locks for the Big XII is "one thousand percent inaccurate."

Said even the presidents don't yet know who they will add.

Said the decision to expand was a knee jerk reaction to the ACC Network and the decision was to stay at 10 members until the ACC Network news came out.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - HoopDreams - 07-28-2016 09:45 AM

Impossible.

tigerslame said 18 months ago Memphis/UC.

Just pony up the bucks to go to the Joe Insider board if you want the facts, amigo.

These national writers know nothing...it's the local fan board non journalist that has the true inside perspective.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Brother Bluto - 07-28-2016 10:33 AM

McMurphy has always been a hater. He kept us out of the Big East way back when

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Unionman76 - 07-28-2016 10:34 AM

(07-28-2016 09:38 AM)3601 Wrote:  Said any claims that school A and/or school b are locks for the Big XII is "one thousand percent inaccurate."

Said the decision to expand was a knee jerk reaction to the ACC Network and the decision was to stay at 10 members until the ACC Network news came out.

back in may on a flight to chicago, i sat next to a former houston football player. i asked him what the talk was in houston on the big12 expansion.

(i thought he would talk about the aac teams, houston, memphis and cincinnati)

but he brought up clemson and florida state, like the big12 was going to steal a team from the p5 conferences.

the acc network decision left the big12 with no other options but to go with non-p5 teams.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - idroot4russia - 07-28-2016 10:38 AM

Bret McMurphy is 18 months behind where the conversations are now. His interview this morning is a prime example why nobody with information talks to him anymore.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Tgrrfan - 07-28-2016 10:43 AM

(07-28-2016 10:34 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  
(07-28-2016 09:38 AM)3601 Wrote:  Said any claims that school A and/or school b are locks for the Big XII is "one thousand percent inaccurate."

back in may on a flight to chicago, i sat next to a former houston football player. i asked him what the talk was in houston on the big12 expansion.

but he brought up clemson and florida state, like the big12 was going to steal a team from the p5 conferences.

the acc network decision left the big12 with no other options but to go with non-p5 teams.

I actually heard this also (not from a former player) and thought WOW! The BXII loses Nebraska, Mizzou, and aTm and has the audacity to believe they can steal 2 P5 teams from another conference. I don't think they really realize how close they are to being incidental to the conversation.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Brother Bluto - 07-28-2016 10:52 AM

(07-28-2016 10:38 AM)idroot4russia Wrote:  Bret McMurphy is 18 months behind where the conversations are now. His interview this morning is a prime example why nobody with information talks to him anymore.

He don't have TC on speed dial ?

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - cscottl1981 - 07-28-2016 10:56 AM

I'm concerned we might not make the cut b/c the BigXII is looking to take Alabama instead.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - 450bench - 07-28-2016 10:59 AM

I always think of "one flew over the coo coos nest" when I here mcmurphy.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Tigx - 07-28-2016 11:01 AM

(07-28-2016 10:38 AM)idroot4russia Wrote:  Bret McMurphy is 18 months behind where the conversations are now. His interview this morning is a prime example why nobody with information talks to him anymore.

You might not like what he says, but he was literally at the B12 president's meeting in Dallas last week. Think he might know what he's talking about.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Cotten - 07-28-2016 11:22 AM

(07-28-2016 11:01 AM)Tigx Wrote:  

You might not like what he says, but he was literally at the B12 president's meeting in Dallas last week. Think he might know what he's talking about.

I'm sure he's accurately reporting what he's been told, but the B12 has a proven track record of feeding the media misinformation on the expansion issue. There is only one media guy who had it correct from the start (Austin Cox at BCSNN).

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - idroot4russia - 07-28-2016 11:28 AM

(07-28-2016 10:52 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  

He don't have TC on speed dial ?

I don't know about TC, but PickwickTiger wont take his calls anymore.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - idroot4russia - 07-28-2016 11:31 AM

I was being sarcastic.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Tigx - 07-28-2016 11:34 AM

(07-28-2016 11:22 AM)Cotten Wrote:  

I'm sure he's accurately reporting what he's been told, but the B12 has a proven track record of feeding the media misinformation on the expansion issue. There is only one media guy who had it correct from the start (Austin Cox at BCSNN).

Maybe. Things change. Last month, consultants and Fox/ESPN said no Big 12 Network. Last week, ESPN forced to offer ACC Network in 2019 to avoid $45M annual payment to ACC because of a dumb contract it signed years ago. Both of these things happening help Memphis' bid to the Big 12, but still no guarantees.

Austin Cox admitted to Calkins that he was tweeting what he thought the Big 12 should do.

Calkins asked McMurphy's opinion. McMurphy's opinion was that they should wait. And McMurphy admitted he knew nothing. Not really a big deal.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - JetFixer - 07-28-2016 11:35 AM

I still believe AAA

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Tigx - 07-28-2016 11:35 AM

(07-28-2016 11:31 AM)idroot4russia Wrote:  

I was being sarcastic.

Ok, no problem. I get it now, making fun of the other posters who always blame the national media. I'll recharge my sarcasm detector.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - HometownTiger - 07-28-2016 11:37 AM

I'll just add this to the list of twitter accounts I'm going to blast when we get in LOL

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Brother Bluto - 07-28-2016 11:42 AM

(07-28-2016 11:37 AM)HometownTiger Wrote:  I'll just add this to the list of twitter accounts I'm going to blast when we get in LOL

The flag guy and the dude of WVU have to be 1-2 on the hit list

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - idroot4russia - 07-28-2016 11:45 AM

(07-28-2016 11:37 AM)HometownTiger Wrote:  I'll just add this to the list of twitter accounts I'm going to blast when we get in LOL

I listened to the interview this morning, he said nothing bad about Memphis and did not claim that we were not getting in, he simply said anyone who claims to know what is going to happen or that anything is a done deal is full of it. His position is that nobody knows what the B12 is going to do, not even the B12.

No reason to blast his account.

RE: Interesting comments from Brett McMurphy this AM - Penny Lane - 07-28-2016 01:53 PM

(07-28-2016 10:34 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  

Most former athletes are often most unknowledgable about matters like this believe me. Some of the things Justin Wimmer and Askew have posted on FB have been way off the mark.