CSNbbs
2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub (/thread-785115.html)

2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - usmbacker - 07-25-2016 04:19 AM

Reports are a suspect has been detained. Number of shooters not known.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/25/at-least-2-dead-up-to-16-people-wounded-in-south-florida-nightclub-shooting-person-interest-detained.html

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32519233/shooting

RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - usmbacker - 07-25-2016 05:44 AM

Police now holding three people of interest.

RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - Fort Bend Owl - 07-25-2016 07:08 AM

Hard to call it a teen party when there are kids as young as 12 there. I'm not sure what kind of parent allows their 12 (and 13 year olds) to go to a nightclub party on a Sunday night (well any night really).

RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - shiftyeagle - 07-25-2016 07:12 AM

Yeah, there was some hardcore degeneracy going on there. "Ages 12 to 27."

RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - miko33 - 07-25-2016 07:23 AM

Dems can breath a sigh of relief and jump back into the gun control debates unfettered. This will be their chance to go for it since terrorism doesn't seem to be the motive. Yes, I'm that cynical.

RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - Motown Bronco - 07-25-2016 07:33 AM

(07-25-2016 07:08 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Hard to call it a teen party when there are kids as young as 12 there. I'm not sure what kind of parent allows their 12 (and 13 year olds) to go to a nightclub party on a Sunday night (well any night really).

Agreed. If I were a parent of a 12-year-old, no way I'm letting him (and especially if it's a her) hang out at some nightclub event well past midnight, no matter how much the organizer promises a safe environment.

Haven't heard any details yet, but I'm guessing it's one of these parking lot/drunk "turf war" arguments that spun out of control.

RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - South Carolina Duke - 07-25-2016 10:08 AM

Gang crap. Probably look much like BHO from years past.

Re: RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - Fitbud - 07-25-2016 10:18 AM

(07-25-2016 07:08 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Hard to call it a teen party when there are kids as young as 12 there. I'm not sure what kind of parent allows their 12 (and 13 year olds) to go to a nightclub party on a Sunday night (well any night really).

It was teen night. They dont serve alcohol.

RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - Motown Bronco - 07-25-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:The slain teens were 14-year-old Sean Archilles and 18-year-old Ste’Fan Strawder, police said. Archilles lived about a mile from the nightclub, said his father, Jean Archilles. Archilles said his son loved to play football and basketball.

"He liked to make people laugh. He’s a funny kid. He’s always joking," Jean Archilles said.

He said he doesn't wish bad for the shooter.

"When he lays down in his bed, how is he feeling about what he did? A 14-year-old kid!" Archilles said. "Is he thinking about his family, his friends? Because everybody has family and friends. Does he feel good about himself?"

People grieve in strange and mysterious ways.

If my kid were shot dead, I'd be too much of a wreck to give a coherent statement to the media only hours after the shooting, let alone express concern that the murderer might have trouble sleeping.

Re: RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - Fitbud - 07-25-2016 10:37 AM

(07-25-2016 10:33 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
Quote:The slain teens were 14-year-old Sean Archilles and 18-year-old Ste’Fan Strawder, police said. Archilles lived about a mile from the nightclub, said his father, Jean Archilles. Archilles said his son loved to play football and basketball.

"He liked to make people laugh. He’s a funny kid. He’s always joking," Jean Archilles said.

"When he lays down in his bed, how is he feeling about what he did? A 14-year-old kid!" Archilles said. "Is he thinking about his family, his friends? Because everybody has family and friends. Does he feel good about himself?"

If my kid were shot dead, I'd be too much of a wreck to give a coherent statement to the media only hours after the shooting, let alone express concern that the murderer might have trouble sleeping.

Probably shock or denial. Those usually come before the greiving sets in.

RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - GrayBeard - 07-25-2016 11:49 AM

(07-25-2016 10:33 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

I would not be giving a statement to the media. I don't crave that kind of attention.

RE: 2 dead, 14-16 wounded in shooting at South Florida nightclub - Fitbud - 07-25-2016 11:51 AM

I dont think it is fair to suggest how someone should act after the death of a family member.