CSNbbs
Coog High Friends and Family - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Coog High Friends and Family (/thread-784888.html)

Pages: 1 2

Coog High Friends and Family - panicstricken - 07-22-2016 07:50 AM

Im really happy for you guys.

I am going to miss the hell out of playing UH every year. The last 11 seasons have been the best 11 seasons of Tulsa football since the the Rubley years. Playing UH every year has been a huge part of that success. Hopefully teh rivalry will live on with a long term OOC deal.

There is no other school in the league that deserves a Big 12 invite more than the University of Houston.

You will always be my favorite team in the new Big 12.

love and light
Panic

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - Hurricane Drummer - 07-22-2016 08:15 AM

Long live Teh Rivalry! 04-cheers

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - pesik - 07-22-2016 08:21 AM

stop the jinx

outside of the title, nice post tho

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - panicstricken - 07-22-2016 08:29 AM

I just cant see it not happening.

If UT wants UH.

UH gets in.

UH is the best and the really only contender that makes any sense.

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - KNIGHTTIME - 07-22-2016 09:35 AM

(07-22-2016 08:29 AM)panicstricken Wrote:  I just cant see it not happening.

If UT wants UH.

UH gets in.

My thoughts too. Houston is gone. Texas owns that league so you get their blessing you're 99% gone. Everyone wants Texas and Oklahoma happy or the league becomes a non power league.

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - uhmump95 - 07-22-2016 09:43 AM

(07-22-2016 07:50 AM)panicstricken Wrote:  Im really happy for you guys.

I am going to miss the hell out of playing UH every year. The last 11 seasons have been the best 11 seasons of Tulsa football since the the Rubley years. Playing UH every year has been a huge part of that success. Hopefully teh rivalry will live on with a long term OOC deal.

There is no other school in the league that deserves a Big 12 invite more than the University of Houston.

You will always be my favorite team in the new Big 12.

love and light
Panic
[Image: tumblr_lrdjs0PBD71qftgzjo1_500.jpg]
This is scary... Especially coming from panic ... lol

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - BigHouston - 07-22-2016 10:14 AM

Once a snake always... ... ...

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - tigerjamesc - 07-22-2016 10:27 AM

It's been great news for UH and I hope they get in (along with Memphis of course). BUT, it's a lot of public talk. That would worry me a bit. If you're confident you're getting in, you can stay quiet. I hope the players (politicians, presidents) aren't setting up a "we did all we could do for UH, by golly!" Excuse. Best of luck!

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - DownOnRohs - 07-22-2016 10:31 AM

If UT wants UH.

UH gets in.

That way they could get those TV's in Houston to finally tune in for B12 games.

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - pesik - 07-22-2016 10:53 AM

(07-22-2016 10:27 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  It's been great news for UH and I hope they get in (along with Memphis of course). BUT, it's a lot of public talk. That would worry me a bit. If you're confident you're getting in, you can stay quiet. I hope the players (politicians, presidents) aren't setting up a "we did all we could do for UH, by golly!" Excuse. Best of luck!

or the more obvious explaination,
texas publicly proclaims they want Houston in before any deliberations, houston gets in..it portrays it as thou we owe them

ut announced they want to add a Ut-Houston...Houston went full force against it and has everyone from senators s to the head of higher education denouncing it .. the need our approval for the UT houston campus

the "we did all we could do for UH, by golly!" isnt going to remove opposition for UT-Houston. we arent going to allow a billion dollar competitor for some tweets alone

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - BigHouston - 07-22-2016 11:05 AM

(07-22-2016 10:53 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(07-22-2016 10:27 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  It's been great news for UH and I hope they get in (along with Memphis of course). BUT, it's a lot of public talk. That would worry me a bit. If you're confident you're getting in, you can stay quiet. I hope the players (politicians, presidents) aren't setting up a "we did all we could do for UH, by golly!" Excuse. Best of luck!

texas publicly proclaims they want Houston in before any deliberations, houston gets in..it portrays it as thou we owe them

ut announced they want to add a Ut-Houston...Houston went full force against it and has everyone from senators s to the head of higher education denouncing it .. the need our approval for the UT houston campus

the "we did all we could do for UH, by golly!" isnt going to remove opposition for UT-Houston. we arent going to allow a billion dollar competitor for some tweets alone

I am so against a UT-Houston campus here in Houston, we don't need it... Heck, why not distribute the funds been given by the state to UT to programs who really could use them. My

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - pesik - 07-22-2016 11:17 AM

(07-22-2016 11:05 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  
(07-22-2016 10:53 AM)pesik Wrote:  

I am so against a UT-Houston campus here in Houston, we don't need it... Heck, why not distribute the funds been given by the state to UT to programs who really could use them. My

my opinion too. i really thought to myself last night, are we selling our academics out for football....are we making the right decision here..but who knows..lets see how how everything plays

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - invisiblehand - 07-22-2016 11:18 AM

I hope UH gets in and has a year or two of success... then a Baylor-like two decades of misery.

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - billybobby777 - 07-22-2016 11:40 AM

(07-22-2016 11:18 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  I hope UH gets in and has a year or two of success... then a Baylor-like two decades of misery.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Cheers!

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - pesik - 07-22-2016 12:06 PM

(07-22-2016 11:18 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  I hope UH gets in and has a year or two of success... then a Baylor-like two decades of misery.

well i hope you know that tulsa has only had success in the last 70 years when playing in the same conference as Houston,

you have only had back to back 8 or more wins once since 1946 without UH on the schedule (when Houston started our program) while only playing us 30% of the time in that time frame..and that one consecutive back to back involved playing 80% teams that were in the fcs and losing to most the few fbs (ia) programs you played

coincidence? maybe..maybe recruiting, and being viewed as on the same playing field as the team in your biggest recruiting ground? who knows..maybe moral? you guys do consider us a rival...

be we will find out

im hoping for a non-uh scheduled tulsa-like 3-decade run of misery

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - Camfar Krej - 07-22-2016 12:45 PM

We'll cry all the way to the bank and then dry our tears with our millions of dollars in P5 cash.

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - uconnwhaler - 07-22-2016 12:52 PM

If UT wants UH.

UH gets in.

Can we actually read the text of the post from the UT President? "I support considering @UHouston for the conference. UH is a huge asset for Texas." Nothing on supporting them for entry, and no argument that their admission is beneficial to the B12.

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - pesik - 07-22-2016 12:58 PM

(07-22-2016 12:52 PM)uconnwhaler Wrote:  

If UT wants UH.

UH gets in.

Can we actually read the text of the post from the UT President? "I support considering @UHouston for the conference. UH is a huge asset for Texas." Nothing on supporting them for entry, and no argument that their admission is beneficial to the B12.

ut chancellor

Bill McRaven ‏@billmcraven 20h20 hours ago
I agree wholeheartedly with Pres. Fenves. @UHouston would be a welcome addition to the Big XII!

Re: Coog High Friends and Family - shere khan - 07-22-2016 01:08 PM

Is it true that Texas put a caveat in the offer that Houston has to go over and kiss Texas on the butt before ever game

I hear the kneeling position is best, good access to the butt. Dont know personally, never done it

Silly rumors, prolly not true

RE: Coog High Friends and Family - Westhoff123 - 07-22-2016 01:10 PM

(07-22-2016 01:08 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Is it true that Texas put a caveat in thr offer that Houston has to go over and kiss Texas on the butt before ever game

Silly rumors

If they did I would take it. Heck I would take almost anything to get a big 12 invite.