CSNbbs
GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies (/thread-784398.html)

Pages: 1 2

GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - Max Power - 07-16-2016 08:45 AM

You can't make this stuff up.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-07-15/tebow-ivankas-rabbi-pull-out-of-rnc-speaking-roles

Tim Tebow was announced as a convention speaker on the final night, but tweeted on Thursday that it was just a "rumor" he was surprised to see after coming back from the Philippines.

Tebow joins New England Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady, tennis phenom Serena Williams, boxing promoter Don King and college basketball coach Bobby Knight as those Trump hoped would contribute to a high-wattage event, but decided to pass.

Rabbi Haskel Lookstein, Ivanka's rabbi, was announced as a convention speaker, but backed out yesterday.

Sarah Palin, an early Trump endorser, won't be speaking. Trump says "Alaska is a long way away."

Paul Ryan will speak though, but only for 10 minutes.

Oh and all this in addition to all the leading Republicans who have also said they will skip the convention, a long list that includes former President Bush 41 and 43, and former GOP presidential nominees Sen. John McCain and Mitt Romney.

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - rath v2.0 - 07-16-2016 08:46 AM

You are obsessed. Take a pill.

Why do you care who speaks at a convention you would not go to if your life depended on it?

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - stinkfist - 07-16-2016 08:46 AM

nobody gives a fk....

oh yeah, faagggot about ewe....

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - Max Power - 07-16-2016 08:52 AM

I just think it's funny. I plan on watching for the entertainment value.

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - rath v2.0 - 07-16-2016 08:53 AM

Exact same reason I don't have you on ignore.

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - stinkfist - 07-16-2016 08:53 AM

(07-16-2016 08:53 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Exact same reason I don't have you on ignore.

no doubt 03-wink

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - mptnstr@44 - 07-16-2016 08:54 AM

(07-16-2016 08:53 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Exact same reason I don't have you on ignore.

feel the burn.

04-cheers

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - Max Power - 07-16-2016 09:02 AM

Fair enough!

Oh and my aunt is also a Trump delegate at the convention, so I'll be watching for her. My family is pretty polarized.

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 07-16-2016 09:16 AM

It is entertaining to watch stupidity.

GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - UTSAMarineVet09 - 07-16-2016 09:41 AM

Damn Max... You are getting pathetic 03-lmfao

Sent from #ClutchCity using Tapatalk

Re: RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - Fitbud - 07-16-2016 10:34 AM

(07-16-2016 08:46 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  nobody gives a fk....

oh yeah, faagggot about ewe....

It certainly seems that way with all the people dropping out. LMFAO

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - Fo Shizzle - 07-16-2016 03:16 PM

(07-16-2016 08:52 AM)Max Power Wrote:  I just think it's funny. I plan on watching for the entertainment value.

Maybe you might learn something also.07-coffee3

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - Max Power - 07-18-2016 08:52 AM

We have the list!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/full-republican-national-convention-schedule/article/2596743

Prime time speakers include the general manager of Trump Winery (!!!) and the vice president of The Eric Trump Foundation! And 22 year old Tiffany Trump, an “influential presence on social media”! The biggest celebrities other than the nominee will be a star of “Duck Dynasty” and actors from “The Young and the Restless,” “General Hospital” and “Charles in Charge.”

Unfortunately 16 of the 54 GOP senators won't be attending, but they have some colorful excuses.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/new-times-poll-does-jeff-flake-need-to-mow-his-lawn-you-decide-8415598
Quote:"Sen. Sasse will not be attending the convention and will instead take his kids to watch some dumpster fires across the state, all of which enjoy more popularity than the current front-runners,” a spokesman for Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) told reporters.

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), who was personally attacked by Trump during a meeting with senators near Capitol Hill last week, announced he had some important household chores to attend to.“I’ve got to mow my lawn," Flake told the Associated Press.

But however great the final list of RNC speakers is, the stories that have come out about the process of getting to this list of soap opera actors and Trump family members are even better. For instance, Trump really wanted Don King to speak. Like, really. He wouldn’t let it drop, the New York Times reports:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/18/us/politics/republican-convention-speakers.html?_r=1
Quote:Finally, officials including Reince Priebus, the Republican national chairman, firmly explained to Mr. Trump why Mr. King should not be invited: He once stomped a man to death and was convicted of manslaughter. The party could not associate itself with someone convicted of a felony.

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - Paul M - 07-18-2016 09:09 AM

Cummings comments on Comey: After he listed all the crimes Hillary committed, Republicans would be remiss to not continue investigating. "Baseless claims"? Not according to Comey. "Conspiracy theory"? Not according to Comey.

Recommendation doesn't fit the findings. Duh.

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - shiftyeagle - 07-18-2016 09:17 AM

The only one that actually dropped from the list is the Rabbi.

The others were simply rumored to be speaking, but aren't.

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - Motown Bronco - 07-18-2016 09:18 AM

Quote:Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), who was personally attacked by Trump during a meeting with senators near Capitol Hill last week, announced he had some important household chores to attend to. "I've got to mow my lawn," Flake told the Associated Press.

03-lol

Flake is close to the Ron/Rand Paul and Justin Amash territory. Not surprised he decided to pass.

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - ark30inf - 07-18-2016 09:24 AM

With the brand Republicans have built, they are probably doing Trump a favor.

Why would he want Congress and its septic tank approval ratings at his convention?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - QuestionSocratic - 07-18-2016 09:53 AM

Ironically, Peter Thiel, the gay founder of PayPal will be speaking.

Re: RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - shere khan - 07-18-2016 09:59 AM

(07-18-2016 09:53 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Ironically, Peter Thiel, the gay founder of PayPal will be speaking.

Why is that ironic

RE: GOP convention speakers dropping like flies - Chappy - 07-18-2016 10:09 AM

Because people think Republicans hate gays.

It would be like having a police officer speak at the DNC.