CSNbbs
Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk (/thread-784363.html)

Pages: 1 2

Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - HawkeyeCoug - 07-15-2016 11:31 AM

Talk of the Big 12 taking a straw poll today, and announcing a decision on the 19th. As a BYU fan we seem to have been through this before. Any reason to think it's for real this time instead of just a bunch of talk?

Go Cougs!!!!!!!!

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - GoldenWarrior11 - 07-15-2016 11:33 AM

Around and around we go!

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - MWC Tex - 07-15-2016 11:51 AM

(07-15-2016 11:31 AM)HawkeyeCoug Wrote:  Talk of the Big 12 taking a straw poll today, and announcing a decision on the 19th. As a BYU fan we seem to have been through this before. Any reason to think it's for real this time instead of just a bunch of talk?

Go Cougs!!!!!!!!

If its for real, BYU won't be invited.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - TodgeRodge - 07-15-2016 12:09 PM

it is real

real talk!!! 04-chairshot03-nutkick03-lmfao03-yawn03-phew04-cheersCOGS02-13-banana04-rock03-pissed01-wingedeagle03-cloud9

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - BYUTonyK - 07-15-2016 12:13 PM

(07-15-2016 12:09 PM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  it is real

real talk!!! 04-chairshot03-nutkick03-lmfao03-yawn03-phew04-cheersCOGS02-13-banana04-rock03-pissed01-wingedeagle03-cloud9

Agreed, all signs are go.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - bullet - 07-15-2016 01:42 PM

(07-15-2016 11:31 AM)HawkeyeCoug Wrote:  Talk of the Big 12 taking a straw poll today, and announcing a decision on the 19th. As a BYU fan we seem to have been through this before. Any reason to think it's for real this time instead of just a bunch of talk?

Go Cougs!!!!!!!!

My suspicion is that the Dude of WV's tweets have gone viral and other people are repeating them without realizing the source and giving them more credibility.

Here's what is clearly true. The Big 12 will have some sort of vote on whether to continue to pursue expansion on Tuesday. I just doubt they are at the stage of picking a school.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - ValleyBoy - 07-15-2016 01:54 PM

(07-15-2016 11:33 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  Around and around we go!

Where we stop nobody knows.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - ken d - 07-15-2016 02:08 PM

My guess is that expansion, on a 9-1 vote, will fail by the narrowest of margins.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - billybobby777 - 07-15-2016 02:27 PM

(07-15-2016 02:08 PM)ken d Wrote:  My guess is that expansion, on a 9-1 vote, will fail by the narrowest of margins.

That's a little bit too close. I'm thinking in a tight decision, they vote 10-0 in favor of not expanding. On the decision to add BYU: 12-0 with Texas and OU getting 2 votes.
Cheers!

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - billybobby777 - 07-15-2016 02:29 PM

(07-15-2016 12:13 PM)BYUTonyK Wrote:  
(07-15-2016 12:09 PM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  it is real

Agreed, all signs are go.

Hey you! Did your other handle get banned? Why did you start posting under this name?
Cheers!

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - ken d - 07-15-2016 02:50 PM

(07-15-2016 02:27 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(07-15-2016 02:08 PM)ken d Wrote:  My guess is that expansion, on a 9-1 vote, will fail by the narrowest of margins.

That's a little bit too close. I'm thinking in a tight decision, they vote 10-0 in favor of not expanding. On the decision to add BYU: 12-0 with Texas and OU getting 2 votes.
Cheers!

Actually, in my scenario I imagined the vote to be 9-1 in favor of expanding.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - Nebraskafan - 07-15-2016 03:03 PM

On a BYU message board ther eis a chat room and a random person claimed to have a source saying BYU was accepeted to the B12 and people ran with it on the message board. Dude of WV saw the posting and ran with it on Twitter claim all of his sources blah blah crap and that BYU is going to the B12 blah blah blah.

It sounds like BYU is being used as a school to be among the example for expansion and if they vote yes, then BYU would go to a formal vote.

Joe the AD said no expansion. Chip Brown said no expansion. Dennis Dodd's said no expansion.

The B12 taking a vote this summer isn't new information.

People are just repeating the troll job from the chat room that lead to Dude of WV going viral with his idiocy again.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - NYCTUFan - 07-15-2016 03:26 PM

(07-15-2016 03:03 PM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  On a BYU message board ther eis a chat room and a random person claimed to have a source saying BYU was accepeted to the B12 and people ran with it on the message board. Dude of WV saw the posting and ran with it on Twitter claim all of his sources blah blah crap and that BYU is going to the B12 blah blah blah.

It sounds like BYU is being used as a school to be among the example for expansion and if they vote yes, then BYU would go to a formal vote.

Joe the AD said no expansion. Chip Brown said no expansion. Dennis Dodd's said no expansion.

People are just repeating the troll job from the chat room that lead to Dude of WV going viral with his idiocy again.

Message board speculation stated as fact can be a dangerous thing.

According to the Memphis message board a random person has said that Memphis has in fact already been invited to and accepted into to the Big12.

According to The Cincinnati message board a random person has said that Cincinnati has in fact already been invited to and accepted into the Big12.

Can all 3 already be in? Sure, I guess all the public comments made by the Texas AD, the Oklahoma AD, and the Big12 commissioner could all be total BS in an effort to give the public just one more big head fake before announcing 2, or maybe even all 3 and a 4th out of left field (insert UConn, UCF, USF, Houston, Boise, Colorado State or any favorite I may have missed) are in, I just tend to doubt it.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - rtaylor - 07-15-2016 03:53 PM

(07-15-2016 03:26 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  
(07-15-2016 03:03 PM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  On a BYU message board ther eis a chat room and a random person claimed to have a source saying BYU was accepeted to the B12 and people ran with it on the message board. Dude of WV saw the posting and ran with it on Twitter claim all of his sources blah blah crap and that BYU is going to the B12 blah blah blah.

According to the Memphis message board a random person has said that Memphis has in fact already been invited to and accepted into to the Big12.

According to The Cincinnati message board a random person has said that Cincinnati has in fact already been invited to and accepted into the Big12.

Can all 3 already be in? Sure, I guess all the public comments made by the Texas AD, the Oklahoma AD, and the Big12 commissioner could all be total BS in an effort to give the public just one more big head fake before announcing 2, or maybe even all 3 and a 4th out of left field (insert UConn, UCF, USF, Houston, Boise, Colorado State or any favorite I may have missed) are in, I just tend to doubt it.

I must have missed the post on the UC board. What was it?

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - bullet - 07-15-2016 03:56 PM

I think you can be almost 100% sure they won't expand by 4 next week (or anytime in this TV contract).

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - BearcatJerry - 07-15-2016 04:11 PM

(07-15-2016 03:53 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  

I think he's talking about "BC#1"... Our village idiot.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - rtaylor - 07-15-2016 04:13 PM

(07-15-2016 04:11 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

BC#1? 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - NYCTUFan - 07-15-2016 04:16 PM

(07-15-2016 04:11 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

I'm not passing judgment on or taking shots at anyone on any board, that's not my style and besides i have no way of knowing if it's true or not, i'm just commenting on what i read.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - Nebraskafan - 07-15-2016 04:20 PM

From the BYU forum that lead to all of this false chatter...

IrishCooga
Walk-on
Hate to be the bearer of bad news... 4 1
Hi all, frequent reader, rarely post.

I have been very, very amused reading all of the speculation and flat-out guessing occurring on this board. I am amazed that so many of you are still listening to the same "pundits" and "sources" that have been so wrong about so many things in the past.

I will give you the update that you all have been foaming at the mouth to receive. We (BYU) are as Tom Holmoe said; not at the table. There are currently no lines of communication open between the Big 12 and the BYU athletic department or any entity within BYU or the church. Furthermore, the feedback that BYU has received (mostly through the media) is that the Big 12 has placed expansion on the back burner. Yes, expansion is on the agenda of items to be discussed at the upcoming Big 12 meetings, but so are many other items. BYU knows nothing, and has been told nothing, about any kind of "straw poll" or formal vote (again, there is zero communication between these two groups). No one in the athletic department is holding their breath, and in fact, most don't anticipate any good news on the P5 conference expansion front now or in the foreseeable future. In fact, a growing consensus within the athletic department is that we will never get into a P5 conference (as presently constituted), and that more effort needs to be put into making long-term contingency plans for remaining a relevant independent. I will end by saying I know this because of a close relative within the athletic department.

Please, do not be disappointed when next Tuesday comes and goes. I can assure you that nothing positive will happen for BYU next week from a conference expansion standpoint. Also, for those who seem to be continually in denial, please know that there is much more that I am unable to share that I have learned that has me 99.99% positive that no invite will come now, or in the foreseeable future. If all of you knew what I know, there would be no more discussion about BYU getting into a P5 conference. I wish this weren't true. I am as much a fan as any of you. However, I am not wrong. Sorry.

RE: Big 12 Expansion - real this time, or just more talk - PirateTreasureNC - 07-15-2016 04:50 PM

(07-15-2016 11:33 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  Around and around we go!