CSNbbs
Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions (/thread-780468.html)

Pages: 1 2

Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - RonBurgundy - 05-21-2016 10:31 PM

Who is getting the autobid?
[Image: friendo.jpg]

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - Doots4Dawgs - 05-21-2016 10:37 PM

I dont want to call it. I just cant.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - techdawg88 - 05-21-2016 10:48 PM

FAU

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - Noodles - 05-21-2016 10:49 PM

It's wide open.
Mark it down, Rice will be hell on wheels.
If it can't be USM, I'd like to see Tech win.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - BeagleUSM - 05-22-2016 12:15 AM

Rice beats USM.

Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - owl at the moon - 05-22-2016 09:09 AM

Rice Owls wake up and win tourney in dominant fashion. 4 wins (one in extra innings) and no losses by a cumulative score of 17-8.
CUSA sends 4 to regionals.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - Cscollis - 05-22-2016 10:02 AM

Tech will win it all after a loss to Rice on Wednesday. Tech vs. USM in the final and tech wins it in extra innings.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - DogsWin1 - 05-22-2016 01:49 PM

Lets see:

Best conference record this year? FAU
Best overall record this year? FAU
Highest RPI ranking this year? FAU

I think I'll speculate that FAU will win it.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - goliath74 - 05-22-2016 02:09 PM

In reality, 4 or 5 teams can win it without it being an earth shaking surprise.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - eager eagle - 05-22-2016 02:12 PM

(05-21-2016 10:31 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  Who is getting the autobid?
[Image: friendo.jpg]

I will give the nod to USM. They are energized by large crowds which they are accustomed to at home and that will make the difference.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - mturn017 - 05-22-2016 04:02 PM

I'm going to say USM playing in front of a home crowd takes home the trophy but any of the top 4-5 could.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - eaglenjxn - 05-23-2016 05:55 PM

I think you generally go with the team playing the best baseball right now.

In my mind, that is LA Tech and it isn't really close. They swept Rice and were probably a leaping catch by our third baseman from blowing open Game 2 and taking the series against USM. At the same time, they are have to go through Duplantier. Yeah, they touched him up last week but I wouldn't count on a repeat bad performance from that guy. I'll still take Tech to win it, though.

FAU would be my second choice.

Only chance I see Rice having is Duplantier and Fox throwing complete games, or close to it. Of course, that's not too far-fetched.

USM doesn't have the pitching or the momentum. I don't thinK Marshall has the pitching either.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - DaSaintFan - 05-24-2016 10:45 AM

I'm leaning toward FAU to be honest.. I think FIU cools off during the tourney.

But I'll be honest, I wouldn't be surprised with any of them except maybe ODU.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - JDTulane - 05-24-2016 10:52 AM

Rice bounces back

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - cr11owl - 05-24-2016 11:00 AM

(05-23-2016 05:55 PM)eaglenjxn Wrote:  I think you generally go with the team playing the best baseball right now.

In my mind, that is LA Tech and it isn't really close. They swept Rice and were probably a leaping catch by our third baseman from blowing open Game 2 and taking the series against USM. At the same time, they are have to go through Duplantier. Yeah, they touched him up last week but I wouldn't count on a repeat bad performance from that guy. I'll still take Tech to win it, though.

Only chance I see Rice having is Duplantier and Fox throwing complete games, or close to it. Of course, that's not too far-fetched.

USM doesn't have the pitching or the momentum. I don't thinK Marshall has the pitching either.

I know we haven't been playing great baseball but it's surprising so many people are picking against the 20 TIME defending conference champion. I don't think this team wants to be the team that lets that slip and I think Duplantier comes out and completely shuts down LaTech tomorrow morning.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - WKUFan518 - 05-24-2016 01:29 PM

WKU...oh wait never mind...03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - Doots4Dawgs - 05-24-2016 01:52 PM

I dont think our team will be backing down at all.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - eagle04 - 05-24-2016 04:27 PM

(05-24-2016 11:00 AM)cr11owl Wrote:  
(05-23-2016 05:55 PM)eaglenjxn Wrote:  I think you generally go with the team playing the best baseball right now.

I know we haven't been playing great baseball but it's surprising so many people are picking against the 20 TIME defending conference champion. I don't think this team wants to be the team that lets that slip and I think Duplantier comes out and completely shuts down LaTech tomorrow morning.

Not picking against Rice but they are 20 TIME regular season champs. The tournament is pretty much a free for all this year. I love it. Makes the games more interesting.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - BeagleUSM - 05-24-2016 04:49 PM

(05-24-2016 04:27 PM)eagle04 Wrote:  
(05-24-2016 11:00 AM)cr11owl Wrote:  

Not picking against Rice but they are 20 TIME regular season champs. The tournament is pretty much a free for all this year. I love it. Makes the games more interesting.

They did not win the '09 regular season title, FWIW. Did win the tourney which came the streak alive.

RE: Call It: C-USA Baseball Tournament Champions - RonBurgundy - 05-24-2016 06:53 PM

If we weren't going against Rice again for the 4th time in a row and facing arguably the best pitcher in CUSA for the second time in 4 games, I'd like our chances. I don't think we'll beat Rice tomorrow, just hoping we win a couple of games to solidify an at large bid. Pretty hard to go against FAU and Southern Miss at home.