CSNbbs
Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" (/thread-779426.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - Chappy - 05-09-2016 02:27 PM

(05-09-2016 01:20 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Basketball & an absolute disaster of a football coaching change. Bankrupt leadership.

Has nothing to do with the football turnstiles.

03-yawn

The firing of Ruff was handled poorly and Lebo needs to go, but you can't say we have not invested in facilities and you cannot say Montgomery will not put up more wins than Ruff did.

Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - Pony94 - 05-09-2016 02:31 PM

(05-09-2016 02:24 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 02:03 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  My gut feeling is Oklahoma is in preliminary talks about where their soft landing spot would be in the Big 12 implodes, most likely the SEC paired with OK State. Now they are willing to let things play out status quo. Let Texas be the bad guy holding the conference hostage with their lack of flexibility with the LHN and once it’s official that expansion won’t occur they are free to slide into the SEC and use the reasoning of lack of stability because the conference can’t come to an agreement on a Big 12 network.

This is a Texas vs Oklahoma power play.

That might be 180 out from what is really going on.

Keep your head in the sand and keep believing what you want to believe

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - TripleA - 05-09-2016 02:48 PM

(05-09-2016 02:31 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 02:03 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  My gut feeling is Oklahoma is in preliminary talks about where their soft landing spot would be in the Big 12 implodes, most likely the SEC paired with OK State. Now they are willing to let things play out status quo. Let Texas be the bad guy holding the conference hostage with their lack of flexibility with the LHN and once it’s official that expansion won’t occur they are free to slide into the SEC and use the reasoning of lack of stability because the conference can’t come to an agreement on a Big 12 network.

Keep your head in the sand and keep believing what you want to believe

You need better sources.

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - BigHouston - 05-09-2016 02:53 PM

Reasoning against expansion is pure comical nonsense from some of these old pukes. The AAC has plenty bigger markets than most currently in their big12 conference who most definitely will add eyeballs but yet they refuse to save their walking dead conference.

If my business is under extreme danger from collapsing I'd do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't, acting out the box included, absolutely.

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - DownEastPirate - 05-09-2016 03:15 PM

(05-09-2016 01:00 PM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 12:01 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 07:07 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  If you lose two then add Southern Miss and Marshall and move on. 07-coffee3

lol. Consider the source ^^^^^^^

That's all you need to know about these idiotic scenarios.

Playing in a compact conference will help our RPIs. Every program has taken the step and made the commitment to compete on the highest level except for ECU.

We don't need 2 more ECU equivalents, no matter how much it would get Wilkie's rocks off...

Hey, it is what it is... I get my rocks off when the AAC wins the head-to-head contest with the ACC in fb, including the NY6 game. 07-coffee3

What is with the bashing of ECU? Temple would trade fanbases in a heart beat. ECU has beaten many ACC teams over the last 10 years. Maybe they haven't met your standards of program improvement, but every team in the AAC needs to equal ECU in fanbase. That is how value is achieved for all the teams in this league.

This blowhard jocks ECU like it's going out of style. Round ball junkie needs to stick to the Catholic 10 message boards.

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - rtaylor - 05-09-2016 03:52 PM

(05-09-2016 03:15 PM)DownEastPirate Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 07:07 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  If you lose two then add Southern Miss and Marshall and move on. 07-coffee3

Playing in a compact conference will help our RPIs. Every program has taken the step and made the commitment to compete on the highest level except for ECU.

We don't need 2 more ECU equivalents, no matter how much it would get Wilkie's rocks off...

Hey, it is what it is... I get my rocks off when the AAC wins the head-to-head contest with the ACC in fb, including the NY6 game. 07-coffee3

What is with the bashing of ECU? Temple would trade fanbases in a heart beat. ECU has beaten many ACC teams over the last 10 years. Maybe they haven't met your standards of program improvement, but every team in the AAC needs to equal ECU in fanbase. That is how value is achieved for all the teams in this league.

This blowhard jocks ECU like it's going out of style. Round ball junkie needs to stick to the Catholic 10 message boards.

Put the azz clown on ignore, works for me till people quote his lame tripe. Least you won't see most of it.

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - BigEastHomer - 05-09-2016 03:55 PM

(05-09-2016 03:52 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  

Put the azz clown on ignore, works for me till people quote his lame tripe. Least you won't see most of it.

lol. Who is this douche? ^^^ 03-lmfao

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - DownEastPirate - 05-09-2016 04:04 PM

(05-09-2016 03:55 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 12:01 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  lol. Consider the source ^^^^^^^

Oh man, what a zinger...

Most of your post remind me of a piling steam of 01-rivals

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - PT_american - 05-09-2016 04:07 PM

(05-09-2016 01:40 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 01:26 PM)NYCTUFan Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 12:20 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/theres-infighting-at-oklahoma-over-potential-big-12-expansion/

A couple of very interesting quotes:

"The only way expansion makes sense, Weitzenhoffer said, is snagging teams from a Power Five conference. With the exception of the SEC, those conferences are bound together at the moment each by a grant of rights. If any school leaves, its television rights are retained by the existing conference."

"Weitzenhoffer explained why the Big 12 stands to gain little in expanding to schools most commonly mentioned -- Boise State, BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Houston, Memphis and South Florida, among others."

"At least six of those expansion candidates have capacities at or below the Big 12's two smallest stadiums -- TCU and Baylor (approximately 45,000). Only UConn ($72 million) would be close to the lowest-revenue athletic departments in the Big 12 (Baylor and TCU, each at approximately $71 million)."
Do those revenue numbers include the TV money? If so, you need to compare them with equal TV deals as any school added to the Big12 would eventually be getting Big12 TV money.

One other key difference is the Big 12 revenue numbers are primarily without subsidies while all the schools in the American which have smaller revenue to begin with have a larger majority of that revenue as a result of subsidies. UConn for example gets just under 40% (28 million) from subsidies. The reality is most of the Big 12 schools are self sufficient and if there is ever any political pressure to reduce or eliminate these subsidies it could really damage some of the schools in the American. Now certainly additional TV revenue from the Big 12 would help level things out for some of the schools but certainly not all of them.

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - HartfordHusky - 05-09-2016 04:26 PM

(05-09-2016 04:07 PM)PT_american Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 12:20 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/theres-infighting-at-oklahoma-over-potential-big-12-expansion/

"The only way expansion makes sense, Weitzenhoffer said, is snagging teams from a Power Five conference. With the exception of the SEC, those conferences are bound together at the moment each by a grant of rights. If any school leaves, its television rights are retained by the existing conference."

"Weitzenhoffer explained why the Big 12 stands to gain little in expanding to schools most commonly mentioned -- Boise State, BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Houston, Memphis and South Florida, among others."

"At least six of those expansion candidates have capacities at or below the Big 12's two smallest stadiums -- TCU and Baylor (approximately 45,000). Only UConn ($72 million) would be close to the lowest-revenue athletic departments in the Big 12 (Baylor and TCU, each at approximately $71 million)."
Do those revenue numbers include the TV money? If so, you need to compare them with equal TV deals as any school added to the Big12 would eventually be getting Big12 TV money.

One other key difference is the Big 12 revenue numbers are primarily without subsidies while all the schools in the American which have smaller revenue to begin with have a larger majority of that revenue as a result of subsidies. UConn for example gets just under 40% (28 million) from subsidies. The reality is most of the Big 12 schools are self sufficient and if there is ever any political pressure to reduce or eliminate these subsidies it could really damage some of the schools in the American. Now certainly additional TV revenue from the Big 12 would help level things out for some of the schools but certainly not all of them.

UConn is plugging the hole to keep up with the institutions that it views as its peers. With equal resources, UConn will be fine.

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - rtaylor - 05-09-2016 04:44 PM

(05-09-2016 04:04 PM)DownEastPirate Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 01:00 PM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  What is with the bashing of ECU? Temple would trade fanbases in a heart beat. ECU has beaten many ACC teams over the last 10 years. Maybe they haven't met your standards of program improvement, but every team in the AAC needs to equal ECU in fanbase. That is how value is achieved for all the teams in this league.

Oh man, what a zinger...

Just ask the psycho toolbox how many aliases he was posting under when he made his grand farewell. Dude is flat nuts and posts constant nonsense.

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - panicstricken - 05-09-2016 05:00 PM

I hope its BYU and Tulane

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - Enviro5609 - 05-09-2016 05:22 PM

(05-09-2016 05:00 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  I hope its BYU and Tulane

Obviously, as do I.

I just find it funny that they get mentioned as a pair when we are so diametrically opposed in just about any conceivable category.

On the one hand, you have more alcohol, drugs, sex, music, awesome food, general debauchery and hedonism, diversity, and borderline pinko political values than you can shake a stick at.

On the other hand you have Mormons.

I mean, what would a BYU at Tulane tailgate scene even look like? Could we win the game just by doing a clean sweep of bourbon street at 3am and just dropping everyone off outside the football stadium? Stick the BYU team in a hotel down near the Oz/back end of Bourbon?

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - rtaylor - 05-09-2016 05:47 PM

(05-09-2016 05:00 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  I hope its BYU and Tulane

At this point just get it over with.

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - PT_american - 05-09-2016 06:07 PM

(05-09-2016 04:26 PM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 04:07 PM)PT_american Wrote:  

UConn is plugging the hole to keep up with the institutions that it views as its peers. With equal resources, UConn will be fine.

Oh I don't disagree with you at all about that. I still think the ACC or Big10 is likely in your future. I was just making a point about the subsidies boosting revenue so while the same not equal for many schools in the American. I honestly think the decision is very difficult for the Big 12 because most schools in the conference have a lot to offer but there isn't enough separation or it creates another island away from the majority of the schools.

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - Pony94 - 05-09-2016 06:13 PM

http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Bolt/Lyons-Lays-Out-Timeline-for-Big12-Expansion-45258282

West Virginia Athletic Director Shane Lyons went on Statewide Sportsline with Tony Caridi this evening and, given all the news that came out of Phoenix this past week at the Big12 Conference meetings, discussed conference realignment. Given his experience as an associate commissioner with the ACC - and someone who was literally in on the meetings discussing conference expansion - he gave a unique and experienced voice to the topic.

To start, he noted that there was not "a complete consensus" among the schools about what to do, even after the meetings this week that supplied evidence that the Big12 would increase their chances at making the College Football Playoff by as much as 15-percent if they were to add two schools, hold a conference championship game, and play an eight-game conference schedule.

"I don't think it's going to happen that fast. I don't think we have all that information. I do think that we'll get more information at that meeting (in June)," he said. "...I don't think we have all the information in the next three weeks. I think in the next ninety to 180 days, we'll have to make a decision one way or another."

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - Westhoff123 - 05-09-2016 06:25 PM

(05-09-2016 06:13 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Bolt/Lyons-Lays-Out-Timeline-for-Big12-Expansion-45258282

West Virginia Athletic Director Shane Lyons went on Statewide Sportsline with Tony Caridi this evening and, given all the news that came out of Phoenix this past week at the Big12 Conference meetings, discussed conference realignment. Given his experience as an associate commissioner with the ACC - and someone who was literally in on the meetings discussing conference expansion - he gave a unique and experienced voice to the topic.

To start, he noted that there was not "a complete consensus" among the schools about what to do, even after the meetings this week that supplied evidence that the Big12 would increase their chances at making the College Football Playoff by as much as 15-percent if they were to add two schools, hold a conference championship game, and play an eight-game conference schedule.

"I don't think it's going to happen that fast. I don't think we have all that information. I do think that we'll get more information at that meeting (in June)," he said. "...I don't think we have all the information in the next three weeks. I think in the next ninety to 180 days, we'll have to make a decision one way or another."

Sounds what I thought all along that it's not going to happen anytime soon.

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - BigEastHomer - 05-09-2016 06:37 PM

(05-09-2016 04:44 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 03:15 PM)DownEastPirate Wrote:  This blowhard jocks ECU like it's going out of style. Round ball junkie needs to stick to the Catholic 10 message boards.

Oh man, what a zinger...

Just ask the psycho toolbox how many aliases he was posting under when he made his grand farewell. Dude is flat nuts and posts constant nonsense.

LOL. So you're not answering...

[Image: The-Rock-Meme-It-Doesnt-Matter-What-Your-Name-Is-01.jpg]

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - BigEastHomer - 05-09-2016 06:40 PM

(05-09-2016 01:00 PM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  What is with the bashing of ECU? Temple would trade fanbases in a heart beat. ECU has beaten many ACC teams over the last 10 years. Maybe they haven't met your standards of program improvement, but every team in the AAC needs to equal ECU in fanbase. That is how value is achieved for all the teams in this league.

Oh man, what a zinger...

[Image: 34030029.jpg]

RE: Dodd: Aresco almost resigned to losing teams, "AAC maybe stronger at 10" - NYCTUFan - 05-10-2016 07:27 AM

As I said in my post it’s only my opinion of what’s going on based on what I’ve read and heard, if you have some inside Big 12 realignment information about what is really going on please feel free to share it.