CSNbbs
The 17 different types of head coaches - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: The 17 different types of head coaches (/thread-779275.html)

The 17 different types of head coaches - WesternBlazer - 05-05-2016 07:29 AM

http://footballscoop.com/news/the-17-different-types-of-head-coaches/

Coaches share traits, of course, but where does HCBC fit ?

RE: The 17 different types of head coaches - ICB - 05-05-2016 08:00 AM

I think its safe to say that he could fit: 1. “The Motivators”, 2. “The X’s and O’s Guru”, 6. “The Players Coach”, 11. “The Class Act”, & 16. “The Remarkably Down To Earth Coaches”

Former coaches:

Callaway: 17. “The ‘Old School Isn’t Only The Right Way, It’s The Only Way’ Coach”
McGee: 3. “The ‘I Wear My Emotions On My Sleeve’ Coach”
Brown: 2. “The X’s and O’s Guru”

RE: The 17 different types of head coaches - cb4029 - 05-05-2016 09:43 AM

(05-05-2016 08:00 AM)ICB Wrote:  I think its safe to say that he could fit: 1. “The Motivators”, 2. “The X’s and O’s Guru”, 6. “The Players Coach”, 11. “The Class Act”, & 16. “The Remarkably Down To Earth Coaches”

Former coaches:

Callaway: 17. “The ‘Old School Isn’t Only The Right Way, It’s The Only Way’ Coach”

You left off # 13, though I can't think of a slogan. He does have vision for running a program.

RE: The 17 different types of head coaches - BlazerPhil - 05-05-2016 01:48 PM

(05-05-2016 08:00 AM)ICB Wrote:  I think its safe to say that he could fit: 1. “The Motivators”, 2. “The X’s and O’s Guru”, 6. “The Players Coach”, 11. “The Class Act”, & 16. “The Remarkably Down To Earth Coaches”

Former coaches:

I always thought Brown was #18. - The Oblivious Narcissist - He trusted no one but himself to call the plays, then refused to change his hand signals from year to year. Hence the opposing defenses knew what was coming as soon as our QB did. 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead

RE: The 17 different types of head coaches - Blazer Engineer - 05-05-2016 02:33 PM

(05-05-2016 01:48 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  

Former coaches:

I always thought Brown was #18. - The Oblivious Narcissist - He trusted no one but himself to call the plays, then refused to change his hand signals from year to year. Hence the opposing defenses knew what was coming as soon as our QB did. 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead
Aint that the truth. I brought a friend to a game. He was calling the plays from the stands. He had worked with Sully at AU.

RE: The 17 different types of head coaches - UABslant - 05-05-2016 04:10 PM

If you were at the old PT's on Hollywood with me watching the UAB-TCU game, you knew all too well how easy it was to guess the plays Brown would call. I think I nailed every single call on one drive.
Trust me, I am not bragging... it was a sad night.

RE: The 17 different types of head coaches - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 05-07-2016 05:36 PM

I don't know that Watson Brown would have taken the UAB job had he been told up front that UAB would not build any new facilities to support his program until 2016 at the earliest. Even the renovated weight room had to wait until after 2005. In spite of this, Brown remains the most successful UAB FBHC to this date.

I don't know what promises were made about facilities, but they enabled Brown to bring in a great startup staff. As time passed though, these coaches left and were not (could not be?) replaced with those of equal quality as facilities continued to be absent and only the fortunate signing of Hackney and White postponed collapse. Once they were gone, Brown seemed to lose the team, his passion and finally, his job.

RE: The 17 different types of head coaches - gadblaze - 05-07-2016 06:49 PM

(05-07-2016 05:36 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  I don't know that Watson Brown would have taken the UAB job had he been told up front that UAB would not build any new facilities to support his program until 2016 at the earliest. Even the renovated weight room had to wait until after 2005. In spite of this, Brown remains the most successful UAB FBHC to this date.

I don't know what promises were made about facilities, but they enabled Brown to bring in a great startup staff. As time passed though, these coaches left and were not (could not be?) replaced with those of equal quality as facilities continued to be absent and only the fortunate signing of Hackney and White postponed collapse. Once they were gone, Brown seemed to lose the team, his passion and finally, his job.

Evidently you are referring to D1, Because if you include all of UABs team then he is not the most successful. That is D1A.

RE: The 17 different types of head coaches - TPBlaze84 - 05-07-2016 07:14 PM

That list was entirely too complimentary to accurately describe ex-Coaches Brown, Callaway, and McGee