CSNbbs
Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It (/thread-778239.html)

Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - ODU AGGIE - 04-21-2016 08:52 AM

BW reacts to Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze's comments on quality of life as a reason for coaches to support the ban on satellite camps.

“I am so tired of coaches complaining about quality of life when 95 percent of Americans will never touch the money or vacation time we get. Shame on us.”

http://footballscoop.com/news/i-am-so-tired-of-coaches-complaining-about-quality-of-life/?utm_content=buffera8b29&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Gig 'em Bobby!

Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - MonGNARch - 04-21-2016 09:53 AM

That great coach Freeze and while I agree with all that you said... If you're so concerned with your quality of life then don't go to satellite camps. The coaches that host and attend these camps know what they're getting themselves into and I'm sure if they didn't want to go they would stop as well...

RE: Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - ODU True Blue - 04-21-2016 10:03 AM

It is 100% about the whiney A$$ SEC coaches not wanting to 'potentially' lose recruits to the B1G! Period.

Every. Thing. Else. They. Say. Is. A. Big. Fat. Lie.

RE: Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - odu09 - 04-21-2016 10:05 AM

Nice job BW. I'm glad he went on the offensive against the coaches, and those coaches seem to forget that the real losers in this deal are the student athletes who can't afford to take trips to see other schools.

RE: Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - Gilesfan - 04-21-2016 11:19 AM

Its exactly right. Its not about quality of life, it's about the SEC wanting an advantage over other conferences because of their money.

RE: Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - Old Dominion - 04-21-2016 11:57 AM

Freezes comments remind me a lot of those made recently by a politician trying to drum up money from supporters. Boo Whoo

RE: Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - ODUAlumni2015 - 04-22-2016 02:08 PM

The P5 schools knows when they lose recruits it results in more
Boise States
Marshalls
La Techs
ECUs
Temples
Memphis
and many other G5 programs that will go toe to toe with any P5 pushover.

RE: Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - Monarchblue - 04-22-2016 06:16 PM

Yeah I feel ya, but I don't think those are the schools the SEC is worried about swooping in and stealing some recruits. Its not always about keeping the midmajors down...hell most of the time its not about keeping the midmajors down. This is about the Big 10 wanting to steal recruits from the SEC/ACC, and them trying to stop that from happening.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RE: Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - CameramanJ - 04-22-2016 07:54 PM

BW runs a clean program, is a genuinely nice person, and wears hats all the time. What's not to like? We need him to charm some P5 ADs so Wood can swoop in and get us a deal like WKU got with Wisco.

Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - MonGNARch - 04-25-2016 08:09 PM

Interesting read... The DoJ is in on it now

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635630-us-department-of-justice-reportedly-begins-inquiry-of-ncaas-satellite-camp-ban

Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - ODUCoach - 04-25-2016 09:33 PM

I think the ban is ridiculous and does take away opportunities for players to be seen, but if our federal government has nothing better to do than worry about football camps, we're in more trouble than I could even imagine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Wilder Tells It Like He Sees It - FTW ODU - 04-26-2016 07:39 AM

A really good article on the effects of the satellite camp ban.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635004-ncaas-satellite-camp-ban-could-cost-kids-like-this-one-a-chance-at-college?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial